HDFC, Airtel and State Bank of India named in the Top 50 valued brands by the The third annual BrandZ Top 50 Most Valuable Indian Brands report released by WPP and Kantar Millward Brown. The top 10 rankings as follows
About HDFC :
- HDFC Bank is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It has about 76,286 employees including 12,680 womenand has a presence in Bahrain, Hong Kong and Dubai. HDFC Bank is the second largest private bank in India as measured by assets.
- It is the largest bank in India by market capitalization as of February 2016. It was ranked 69th in 2016 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands.
- In 1995 HDFC Bank was incorporated, with its registered office in Mumbai, India. Its first corporate office and a full service branch at Sandoz House, Worli was inaugurated by the then Union Finance Minister, Manmohan Singh.
- As of June 30, 2016, the Bank’s distribution network was at 4,541 branches and 12,013 ATMs.
About SBI :
State Bank of India(SBI) is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services It is a government-owned corporation with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- As of 2014-15, it had assets of₹20.480 trillion (US$300 billion) and more than 14,000 branches, including 191 foreign offices spread across 36 countries, making it the largest banking and financial services company in India by assets. The company is ranked 232nd on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations as of 2016.
- The bank traces its ancestry toBritish India, through the Imperial Bank of India, to the founding, in 1806, of the Bank of Calcutta, making it the oldest commercial bank in the Indian Subcontinent.
- Bank of Madrasmerged into the other two “presidency banks” in British India, Bank of Calcutta and Bank of Bombay, to form the Imperial Bank of India, which in turn became the State Bank of India in 1955.
- Government of Indiaowned the Imperial Bank of India in 1955, with Reserve Bank of India (India’s Central Bank) taking a 60% stake, and renamed it the State Bank of India. In 2008, the government took over the stake held by the Reserve Bank of India.
About Airtel :
Bharti Airtel Limited is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in New Delhi, India. It operates in 18 countries across South Asia, Africa, and the Channel Islands.
- Airtel providesGSM, 3G and 4G LTE mobile services, fixed line broadband and voice services depending upon the country of operation.
- It is thelargest mobile network operator in India and thethird largest in the world with 325 million subscribers. Airtel was named India’s second most valuable brand in the first ever Brandz ranking by Millward Brown and WPP plc.
- Airtel is credited with pioneering thebusiness strategy of outsourcing all of its business operations except marketing, sales and finance and building the ‘minutes factory’ model of low cost and high volumes. The strategy has since been adopted by several operators.
- Airtel’s equipment is provided and maintained byEricsson and Nokia Solutions and Networks whereas IT support is provided by IBM. The transmission towers are maintained by subsidiaries and joint venture companies of Bharti including Bharti Infratel and Indus Towers in India.
- Ericsson agreed for the first time to be paid by the minute for installation and maintenance of their equipment rather than being paid up front, which allowed Airtel to provide low call rates of Rs.1 (1.5¢ US)/minute.