HDFC is the only Indian company to be named among the top 10 consumer financial services companies in the world.
HDFC is among top 10 consumer financial services sector on a Forbes list companies globally.
- The list is topped by global major American Express.
- The Capital One Financial and Visa in the 2nd and 3rd place.
- There are total 56 Indian companies on the list.
- Reliance Industries ranked 1st among Indian firms.
- The HDFC rank is 7thin the list.
- Among the world’s list of 2,000 largest and most powerful public companies HDFC is ranked 404th while it is at tenth position among Indian firms.
- Out of 56 companies, 22 public sector lenders have been named in the regional banks category.
- State Bank of India was ranked 149 on the list.
- Total 58 Indian companies appeared in the overall Forbes Global 2000 list.
- Industry: Banking, Financial services
- Founded on August 1994
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- CEO: AdityaPuri
About Forbes List
- Editor-in-chief: Steve Forbes
- Editor: Randall Lane
- First issue: September 15, 1917
- Based in Jersey City New Jersey