Manohar Lal Khattar,Chief Minister of Haryana to ensure the transparency in the disbursement of social security pension, launched a new scheme called “Thari Pension Thare Pass”.
• This scheme will be implemented by state government’s Social Justice and Empowerment Department and has been undertaken by Team Kalyankarini of the department.
• The beneficiaries of social security schemes would get their pension through different modes, including bank branchs, post offices, business correspondent agents (BCAs), additional BCAs, primary agricultural cooperative society (PACS), Vodafone M-Pesa, common service centres and gramin dak sewaks.
• The beneficiaries could withdraw the amount as per their requirement.
Thari Pension Thare Pass Scheme:
• Under the scheme,Rs 119 crore will be transferred directly into the bank accounts of 10,01,795 eligible beneficiaries.
• Manohar Lal Khattar, through this scheme, transferred the pension arrears from March to June amounting to Rs 13.23 crore.
• Under the first phase of the scheme, over 10 lakh beneficiaries living in 1,744 villages and 81 towns in the state would get pensions through banks and post offices.
• The residents of other villages would, for the time being, get their pension manually.
• There are currently over 23.3 lakh beneficiaries getting pension under various social security schemes entailing a monthly expenditure of Rs 270 crore.
• This scheme provides facility to pensioner of tracing their account online to know the balance in his or her account.
• The beneficiaries who are of age above 80 years and who are not physically fit to go to banks can collect their pension at their door step.