Haryana Government has launched the ‘Haryana COVID Emergency Loan Scheme’ for new and old entrepreneurs supplying medicines, oxygen and other medical facilities to COVID-19 patients in the state.
- It has allocated a fund of INR 500 Crore for this purpose.
- The state government will also help existing units which provide oxygen, beds, ventilator etc to increase their production.
- The interest on the loan taken by the bank will be borne by the State government for one year.
- The scheme also provides guarantee to entrepreneurs to buy additional production for six months.
- Newly notified entrepreneurs will get the benefit of this scheme for setting up new units.
- The government will provide loan guarantees to banks for setting up units in government hospitals or designated places.
Government approves HARIHAR Policy
The Haryana government also approved the ‘HARIHAR’ (Homeless Abandoned and Surrendered Children Rehabilitation Initiative Haryana) policy.
- It aims to provide employment, education and financial benefits to abandoned & surrendered children (who have completed 18 years from the child care institutions of the state).
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) status to abandoned(5 Years) and surrendered(1 Year) children & free school and higher education.
- Financial assistance upto the age of 25 years or marriage (whichever is earlier) & one-time interest free loan for purchase of a house in haryana.
- The benefits of the policy will be available to them upto the age of 25 years.
Recent Related News:
i.March 15, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister (CM) Manohar Lal Khattar who also holds the Finance Portfolio presented the state budget for FY 2021-22 with an overlay of INR 1, 55, 645 Lakh Crore. The areas of focus were health, agriculture & infrastructure.
Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
Governor – Satyadeo Narain Arya
Capital – Chandigarh