On 22nd November 2020, The Government of Himachal Pradesh(HP) partnered with Asian Development Bank(ADB) to improve the infrastructure in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. Jai Ram Thakur, Chief Minister of HP virtually inaugurated and laid foundation stones for various development programs worth Rs.15 crores in Mandi district of HP.
- Rs. 9 Crores out of the estimated cost of Rs.15 Crores required for the constitution of the facilities will be provided by ADB and the balance will be spared by the Government of Himachal Pradesh.
Development programs inaugurated by CM Jai Ram Tahnkur are,
- Primary Healthcare Centre (PHC) in Pandoh.
- “Bhimakali”, vehicle parking building, a multi-storied building with a facility to park 86 vehicles and a hall with a sitting capacity of 300 people.
- Lift Water Supply scheme, from Kangnidhar to Dudar Bharaun in gram panchayat Dudar Bharaun of Tehsil Sadar.
He also laid foundation stone for
- New building of government primary school located at Bal Mani (U-block).
- Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTC) to remaining households of various villages in gram panchayat at Tilly Kehanwal and Santardh in Tehsil Sadar.
i.To enhance and provide better facilities and develop the towns of the States, the government has given Municipal Corporation status to Palampur, Solan and Mandi towns.
ii.The Municipal corporation status will support the development of these towns through special budget provisions and along with development projects of the Government of India.
i.HP CM stated that the airport work at Nagchala and Shiv Dham at Mandi will commence soon and will provide a new dimension to the tourism of Mandi.
ii.He also mentioned that the state was implementing the first phase of Rs. 1688 crore Shiva project in lower districts of the state by providing facilities of drip irrigation, solar panel, CA store and marketing etc. The Shiva Project is funded by ADB.
Recent Related News:
On March 11, 2020 The Government of India, Government of Himachal Pradesh(HP) & the World Bank signed a loan agreement of US$80 million (about Rs 600 crore) to improve water management practices & also to increase agricultural productivity in selected Gram Panchayats (Village Councils) in HP.
About Himachal Pradesh:
National Parks– Great Himalayan National Park, Pin Valley National Park, Khirganga, Inderkila and Simbalbara
Zoological parks– Dhauladhar Nature Park, Himalayan Nature Park
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
President– Masatsugu Asakawa (10th President of ADB)
Headquarters– Mandaluyong, Philippines
Membership– 68 countries