Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to Indian GK(Indian Polity) !!!
- Haryana was formed on ………………… on the recommendation of the parliamentary committee
1.December 10, 1966
2.September 23, 1965
3.November 1, 1966
4.October 1, 1965
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.November 1, 1966
On 1 November 1966, Haryana was carved out on the basis of that the parts of Punjab which were to be Haryana’s “Hindi-speaking areas.”Same example was followed in creation of Himachal Pradesh as well. Haryana state was formed on the recommendation of the Sardar Hukam Singh Parliamentary Committee.
- The Legislative Council is a permanent body and cannot be dissolved, each member of the Legislative Council serves for a ……………. term
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.6 year
The Legislative Council is a permanent body and cannot be dissolved, each member of the Legislative Council serves for a 6 year term
- Taxes on professions can be levied by …………………
5.None Of TheseAnswer – 4.State Government
Professional Tax is a tax levied on professions and trades in India. It is a state-level tax and has to be compulsorily paid by every member of staff employed in private companies under Article 276
- ……………… is the head to transact the business of the Lok Sabha
2.Speaker of the Lok Sabha
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Speaker of the Lok Sabha
Speaker of the Lok Sabha is the head to transact the business of the Lok Sabha
- Pranab Mukherjee was elected as …………….. president of India on 22nd July 2012
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.13th
Pranab Kumar Mukherjee is the 13th and current President of India, in office since July 2012.
- Suffrage means ………………..
1.Right to Speak
2.Right to education
3.Right to vote
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Right to vote
Suffrage is the right to vote in public elections. Universal suffrage means everyone gets to vote, as opposed to only men, or property holders.
- ……………… was the basis of reorganization of states in India in the year 1956
4.All of these
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.LanguageExplanation :
States Reorganisation Act of 1956.One of the proposals was to reorganise the state on the basis of languages of India.
- Under which article of the constitution of India, it is stated that “ The Gov of India may sue or sued by the name of Union of India”
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.300
Article 300 of the Constitution says that the Government of India may sue or be sued by the name of the Union of India
- The Article ……………… deals with the protection of President, Governor and Rajpramukha
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.361
Article 361 deal with Protection of President and Governors and Rajpramukhs
- Which act was amended in 1967 to make the use of English in addition to Hindi compulsory in certain cases
1.The Official Language Act, 1960
2.The Official Language Act, 1961
3.The Official Language Act, 1962
4.The Official Language Act, 1963
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.The Official Language Act, 1963
On November 27, 1967, an amendment bill to the Official Languages Act of 1963 continue to be used, in addition to Hindi for all the official purposes