Steven Browning Sample, who was president of the Columbia based University of Southern California for nearly two decades during which the school rose to international prominence has passed away. He was 75.
- Over his 19 years of service, Steven transformed USC into one of the nation’s leading research universities
- Steven as a president made Excellence campaign on the USC Building that raised $2.85 billion, and USC became the first university in the country to receive five donations of $100 million.
- His initiatives to boost the university’s global outreach also led to the dramatic rise in the number of international students.
Steven Browning Sample:
- Sample became president in 1991 and he is the 10th president of the University of SouthernCalifornia.
- He did his Graduation As well As Masters and Doctoral degrees inElectrical Engineering from the University of Illinois.
- Steven and Kathryn Sample Hall is named after Sample and his wife on the USC campus. The Samples donated a bronze statue of USC’s mascot, Traveler, to the university upon his retirement.
- Sample’s book The Contrarian’s Guide to Leadership was a Los Angeles Times bestseller and was translated into five languages.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification