On July 26 2019, the first space museum of India opening new attraction to space enthusiasts, was set up at Hyderabad in association with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- The museum is housed in the Birla Science Museum. It gave Space of 9000 square feet to set up the space museum.
- It was inaugurated on the celebration on golden jubilee year of the Birla Archaeological and Cultural Research Institute (BACRI).
The space Museum is located on the erstwhile Naubat Pahad, Telangana in the centre of the city.
The museum which is an initiative of BACRI aims to spread knowledge on science and technology and also as a way to encourage young students to explore the field.
- ESL Narasimhan, Governor of Telangana inaugurated the ceremony.
- Other members present during the inauguration were Nirmala Birla, Chairman of BACRI, CK Birla, chairman of the CK Birla Group and BG Sidharth, Director of the Science Centre.
- ISRO is to exhibit about 65 models of various spacecrafts, satellites and rockets. Some of the scale models of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mark III, GSLV Mark II, Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV), Chandrayaan- 1, Mars orbiter spacecraft, APPLE (Ariane Passenger PayLoad Experiment), Aryabhata, Bhaskar, Rohini RS-1 and a model of the International Space Station(ISS) are exhibited.
- At present 24 models are being exhibited.
- Now visitors can directly get in touch with India’s Antarctic Space Station called as Dakshin Gangotri in real-time.
♦ Headquarters- Bengaluru
♦ Founder- Vikram Sarabhai.
♦ Founded- August 15 1969.
♦ Director-Kailasavadivoo Sivan(K.Sivan).
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification