Hello Aspirants !
Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in Affairs Cloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in sentence connectors, which is BASED ON THE IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB exams !!!
In the question given below two statements are given. Connect them by choosing the word given in options in the best possible way without changing the intended meaning
- I. The heatwave was forecast to end soon.
II. It was raining the very next day.
5. if and when
- I. The Statue of Liberty is a famous landmark.
II. Everyone knows where it is and what it represents.
1. not only
3. such that
5. as if
- I. You may keep the book a further week.
II. That no one else requires it.
2. no longer
- I. Two is more than one.
II. One is less than two.
5. in contrast
- I. He is very studious.
II. He is always there among the top students of the college.
4. as to say
- I. I want to go to the party but.
II. I ought to be studying.
2. due to
3. on the other hand
5. now that
- I. The heat is on.
II. The election is only a week away.
1. such that
2. now that
3. due to
4. on the other hand
5. not only
- I. The bullet train project has boosted railways luxury tourism.
II. It has destroyed many farmer’s life who were compensated very cheaply for their lands.
1. On account of
3. On the other hand
- I. He groaned and slapped his forehead.
II. suddenly remembering something obvious.
1. as and when
5. as if
- I. Some people will complain.
II. They have no genuine grievance
2. even if
5. no matter