AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs February 15 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs January 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Union Cabinet Chaired by Prime minister Narendra Modi approved setting up of New Viral Vaccine Manufacturing Unit in which State/UT?
3) Coonoor, Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Coonoor, Tamil Nadu
Union Cabinet approved the proposal for allotment of 30 acres of land to Pasteur Institute of India for establishment of New Viral Vaccine Manufacturing Unit at Coonoor, Tamil Nadu. The land for the project will be transferred free of cost and will also be changed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare from ‘industrial’ to ‘institutional’.The project includes production of Anti Sera (like snake venom and Anti Rabies Sera) and Viral Vaccine (like TCA anti-measles vaccine, JE vaccine, etc.) at its manufacturing unit in Coonoor.
- How many years of extension is given to the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis (NCSK),whose tenure ends on March 31, 2019?
1) 2 years
2) 3 years
3) 4 years
4) 5 years
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 3 years
PM Modi chaired Union Cabinet approved extension of tenure of the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis (NCSK) beyond 31st March 2019 for 3 years.The tenure of the present commission is upto March 31, 2019.Safai Karamcharis and persons engaged in manual scavenging in the country will be the major beneficiaries of the proposal. NCSK was established in 1993 as per the provisions of the NCSK Act 1993 initially for a period upto March 31, 1997.
- Which of the following bill is introduced in the cabinet to protect Indian citizen mostly women by their NRI spouses against exploitation and accountability?
1) Registration of Marriage and Protection of Indian Citizen Bill 2019
2) Registration of Marriage of Indian Women 2019
3) Registration of Marriage of Women Non Resident Indian(NRI) 2019
4) Registration of Marriage of Non Resident Indian (NRI) Bill 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 4)Registration of Marriage of Non Resident Indian (NRI) Bill 2019
Union Cabinet approved introduction of Registration of Marriage of Non Resident Indian (NRI) Bill 2019. It will offer protection against exploitation of Indian Citizens mostly women by their NRI spouses and create more accountability.The Bill requires amendment of the legal framework. When the bill us passed, marriages performed by NRIs would be registered in India or Indian Missions and posts abroad.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired Union Cabinet allowed which enterprise to participate in bidding for the strategic disinvestment of Engineering Projects (India) Limited (EPIL)?
1) Shipping Corporation of India (SCI)
2) Eligible Central Public Sector Enterprises (EPSEs)
3) National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC)
4) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Eligible Central Public Sector Enterprises (EPSEs)
Union Cabinet approved CCEA’s decision by allowing eligible Central Public Sector Enterprises (EPSEs) and Private Sector Entities to participate in bidding for the strategic disinvestment of Engineering Projects (India) Limited (EPIL).A meeting held on October 2016 by CCEA has given in principle approval for strategic disinvestment of 100% shares of Government of India in EPIL and merge it with a similarly placed CPSE.The proposed disinvestment will unlock resources which will be used to finance the social sector and development programmes. The modification will also promote competition in bidding process.
- What is the new increased value of the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for raw jute for the financial year 2019-20 approved by Union Cabinet?
1) Rs.3550 per quintal
2) Rs.3650 per quintal
3) Rs.3750 per quintal
4) Rs.3950 per quintal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4)Rs.3950 per quintal
Cabinet committee chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given approval to increase the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for raw jute for 2019-20 season.For Fair Average Quality (FAQ) raw jute the MSP has been increased to Rs.3950 per quintal for 2019-20 season from Rs.3700 per quintal in 2018-19 season. The jute cooperation of India will continue to act as Central Nodal Agency. It will undertake price support operations at the MSP in jute growing states.
- India had signed with which country for setting up Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter-terrorism?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Morocco
The Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Morocco for setting up a Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter-terrorism, subject to the cases relating to terrorist attacks.The objectives of the MoU are obtaining and exchanging information on terrorist activities.
- India and Finland had signed agreement on cooperation with which of the following field?
1) In the field of agriculture
2) In the field of Climate and Environment
3) In the field of peaceful uses of outer space
4) In the field of Science and Technology
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) In the field of peaceful uses of outer space
The MoU between India and Finland on cooperation in the field of peaceful uses of outer space was given approval by the Union Cabinet.It includes provisions for exploring newer research activities and applications in the fields of Remote Sensing of the Earth, Satellite Communication, Satellite Navigation Space Science and Exploration of Outer Space.Provisions for Launching Finnish space objects by Indian launch vehicles, processing and using space data, use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and cooperation around emerging new space opportunities are also included.
- Union Cabinet approved how many MoU’s signed between India and Saudi Arabia?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 3
The Following MoU’s are Signed between India and Saudi Arabia
• On establishing a mechanism for Investment Infrastructure in India.
• In matters of Customs was approved by the Union Cabinet.
• For strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism was also approved by the Union Cabinet.
- UNICEF of which State had tied up with Goa Women and Child Development (WCD) for addressing the issues in the field of child protection?
1) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Maharashtra
In order to focus on the issues in the area of chid protection in the state, the UNICEF in Maharashtra joined hands with Goa Women and Child Development (WCD).Discussion was held on “Key challenges around child protection in Goa” at a training programme on Integrated Child Protection Scheme(ICPS), by WCD, which saw the participation of Ms. Rajeshwari Chandrasekar, Chief Field Officer,UNICEF Maharashtra and Ms. Alpa Vora, Consultant, Child Protection, UNICEF.Issue of migrant children who face a whole lot of different problems linked with challenges of livelihood, alcoholism, etc., of their poor parents, or the children themselves were brought to light, among other issues.
- Which Organization/Ministry organized the Real Estate Conference CREDAI YouthCon 2019 in NewDelhi?
1) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
2) National Real Estate Development Council
3) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
4) Confederation of Real Estate Developers Associations of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Confederation of Real Estate Developers Associations of India
Annual Youth Conclave of Confederation of Real Estate Developers Associations of India (CREDAI), CREDAI YouthCon 2019 was held at the Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi. It was the 3rd edition of the YouthCon. Gautam Chatterjee, Maharashtra RERA Chief,said that the main objective of RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Authority) is transparency with other objectives being projects to help builders overcome difficulties and improve trust between builders and buyers. Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the CREDAI-YouthCon 2019. He announced that about 1.5 crore houses have been built under PM Awas Yojna out of which 15 lakhs are built for poor people in urban areas.
- What is the theme of the 3rd edition CREDAI YouthCon 2019 ,that held in NewDelhi?
1) Theme:NexGEN – Next Generation
2) Theme:Next Generation Youth Conclave
3) Theme:NexGEN- Realtor
4) Theme:Future Youth Conclave
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme:NexGEN – Next Generation
Annual Youth Conclave of Confederation of Real Estate Developers Associations of India (CREDAI), CREDAI YouthCon 2019 was held at the Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi. It was the 3rd edition of the YouthCon.Theme:NexGEN – Next GenerationGautam Chatterjee, Maharashtra RERA Chief,said that the main objective of RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Authority) is transparency with other objectives being projects to help builders overcome difficulties and improve trust between builders and buyers.
- Life-size portrait of which politician was unveiled by the President of India in the Central Hall of Parliament?
1) Jawaharlal Nehru
2) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
3) B. R. Ambedkar
4) Subhas Chandra Bose
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s life size portrait was unveiled at the Central Hall of Parliament by President Ram Nath Kovind. It was done in the presence of Vice President Venkaiah Naidu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan, Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Ghulam Nabi Azad, Union Ministers, and leaders of various parties.
- Bihar Chief Minister,Nitish Kumar launched which of the following Old Age Pension scheme recently?
1) Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan(RMSA)
2) Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana(PMGAY)
3) Mukhya Mantri Vriddha Pension Yojana (MMVPY)
4) Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana(PMMVY)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mukhya Mantri Vriddha Pension Yojana (MMVPY)
Bihar Chief Minister, Nitish Kumar announced an Universal Old Age Pension scheme, named Mukhya Mantri Vriddha Pension Yojana (MMVPY), irrespective for all caste, community, religion, except for those who are retired from government organizations.The scheme facilitates the amount of Rs. 400 monthly pension for all in the state above the age of 60 who are not getting pension from the government.The scheme will come into its enforcement from 1st April, 2019.Other than this scheme, Bihar’s govt. has also proclaimed a pension of Rs. 6,000 for journalists above 60 years of age, which will get implemented from 1st April, 2019.
- Which of the following scheme of Andhra Pradesh State Government had amalgamated with the PM-Kisan Scheme inorder to furnish farmers with Rs.10000 annually?
1) AP Nirudyoga Bruthi Scheme
2) Annadatha Sukhibhava scheme
3) AP Yuva Sadhikarika Nirudyoga Bhruthi Scheme
4) Chandranna Bima Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Annadatha Sukhibhava scheme
Andhra Pradesh has made a significant move by merging Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Portal with its own Annadatha Sukhibhava scheme. This move will further allow a fixed amount of Rs. 10,000 per annum to all farmers in the state, irrespective of the size of their land.The benefits will be facilitated in 2 portions of Rs. 5000 before the Kharif and Rabi crop cycle. Around 70 lakhs farmers will get advantage from this merger.PM-Kisan scheme will not only cover the marginalized farmers, but also the tenant farmers who will be facilitated with ‘Cultivation Certificates’ and ‘Loan Eligibility Certificates’ to avail the benefits of scheme.Other than Rs. 6000 per household which will given under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi, farmers will also receive Rs. 4000 from Andhra Pradesh government, which will further benefit 54 lakhs farmers.
- Which State government has prohibited the Popular Front of India (PFI)?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Jharkhand
On 12th February, 2019, Jharkhand government has prohibited the Popular Front of India (PFI) in the state to prevent its anti-national tasks and activities, and for keeping alleged association with terror outfits like ISIS.Popular Front of India has banned in the state with the immediate effect under Section 16 of the Criminal Law (amendment) Act, 1908.This move to ban was after the review that its activities have elevated and is peril to the state and to nation as well. It also had the power to distort the peace, harmony and secular structure.Earlier also in Feb, 2018, PFI was banned by Jharkhand Govt., but few months after, Jharkhand High Court cancelled the state’s decision to ban the PFI.
- World Health Organization (WHO) along with which Organization had issued a new international standard regarding fabrication and utilization of musical devices?
2) World Trade Organization(WTO)
3) International Trade Union (ITU)
4) World Intellectual Property Organization(WIPO)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) International Trade Union (ITU)
Ahead of World Hearing Day, the World Health Organization (WHO) and International Trade Union (ITU) have issued a new international standard regarding fabricating and utilization of musical devices, which includes smart phones and audio players, to make them safe for listening.The motto and aim behind this move is to avert hearing loss among 1.1 billion young people who use musical devices most often. As 50% of the people who lie in age group of 12-35 are at risk of getting deaf due to prolong and immoderate exposure to loud sounds, they listen via their music devices.It is estimated that by 2050, around 900 million people will have loss of hearing.This new standard for music device was develop under WHO’s “Make Listening safe” initiative, drawing on the latest evidences and consultations. These standards will recommend Sound allowance function, Personalized profile, Volume limiting options, general information and guidance.
- Which of the following Bank’s divergence charges had been cleared by Reserve Bank of India recently?
1) Yes Bank
2) Indian Bank
3) Bank of India
4) State Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Yes Bank
On 13th February 2019, The Reserve Bank of India cleared Yes Bank of Divergence charges i.e. disparity in reporting bad loans and provisioning numbers for the year ended March 2018.The final report has observed nil divergence in the bank’s asset classification and provisioning from the norms of the RBI.In FY16, after its first assessment, Yes Bank was found divergence of Bad loans by RBI at Rs. 4,176 crore higher than the reported gross NPA of Rs. 748.9 crore. Further, in FY17, Yes Bank was found to be divergence again at Rs. 6,355 crore and reported gross NPA of Rs. 2,018 crore lower than RBI’s estimation of Rs. 8,373 crore.
- Read the following statements and choose which one is true?
i.HDFC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Band and IDBI Bank were fined Rs 2 million each for non-compliance with respect to Know Your Customer (KYC) norms and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) standards.
ii.Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Indian Overseas bank and Bank of Maharashtra were penalised for not following directions set by RBI on monitoring end use of funds.
iii.ICICI Bank has penalised with Rs.2 Crore for violating RBI norms.
1) Option i is correct
2) Option ii is correct
3) Option i and ii is correct
4) All are correct
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Option i and ii is correct
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has penalised various banks for not complying with various norms of RBI. HDFC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Band and IDBI Bank were fined Rs 2 million each for non-compliance with respect to Know Your Customer (KYC) norms and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) standards.Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Indian Overseas bank and Bank of Maharashtra were penalised for not following directions set by RBI on monitoring end use of funds, exchange of information with other banks, classification and reporting of frauds and restructuring of accounts. The penalty was Rs 10 million for Andhra Bank and Rs 15 million each for others.Bank of Baroda and Union Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs 1 crore each for violating various banking norms.
- India signed a deal with which Country to procure 72,400 Sig Sauer Assault Rifles worth around Rs.700 Crore?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) US
The Indian Government has signed a deal with the US under Fast Track Procurement (FTP) to avail the Indian Army with 72,400 new ‘Sig Sauer Assault Rifles’ which will overhaul the army’s inventory of frontline rifles. These Sig Sauer Assault rifles are 7.62*51 mm which are compact, robust, advance in technology and easy to maintain in field conditions.These new rifles will come at a cost of around Rs. 700 Crore and will be used by the army troops deployed along the 3,600 km China’s border.As the contract is made under Fast-Track Procurement (FTP), the assault rifles will be made and supplied within a year. Out of 72,400 rifles, around 66,000 are for the Indian Army and rest 2000 for Indian Navy and 4000 for the Indian Air Force.
- Who won the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)’s ‘Oscat’ award for his/her movie A Star is Born?
1) Sonam Kapoor
2) Bradley Cooper
3) Amitabh Bachchan
4) Anushka Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bradley Cooper
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) awarded actor-director Bradley Cooper ‘Oscat’ award for casting his own dog, rather than one supplied by animal exhibitors, in his movie A Star is Born. A Star is Born has received 8 Oscar nominations including best actor for Bradley Cooper and best actress for Lady Gaga.
- Who was appointed as the new Election Commissioner of India by President Ram Nath Kovind?
1) Sukumar Sen
2) Sunil Arora
3) Sushil Chandra
4) Om Prakash Rawat
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sushil Chandra
President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Sushil Chandra, the chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), to be designated as the new Election Commissioner on 14th February, 2019. Mr. Sushil Chandra is an IIT graduate and is a1980 batch officer of the Indian Revenue Service (IRS) official of Income Tax Cadre, was recently retired from CBDT.Mr. Chandra was appointed CBDT Chairman on November 1, 2016 and further he got 2 extensions.The Election Commission now has Sunil Arora as the Chief Election Commissioner who will succeed O.P. Rawat and Ashok Lavasa and Sushil Chandra as fellow commissioners.
- Ashwani Lohani was appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of which organization?
1) Railways Board
2) Air India
3) Confederation of Indian Industry
4) Press Council of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2)Air India
Ashwani Lohani, former chairman of Railway Board, has been reappointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Air India for the second time after his previous tenure from August 2015 to August 2017. He will assume office from 14th February 2019, replacing Pradeep Singh Kharola, who is appointed as the new Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Who was appointed as the Chief of Staff at Eastern Naval Command,Vishakhapatnam?
1) SN Ghormade
2) Sunil Lanba
3) Devendra Kumar Joshi
4) Nirmal Kumar Verma
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) SN Ghormade
On 14th February 2019, a National Defence Academy (NDA) graduate, Vice Admiral SN Gharmade took charge as the Chief of Staff at Eastern Naval Command, Vishakhapatnam.SN Gharmade was commissioned into Indian Navy on 1st January 1984 and he had assumed command of Guided Missile Frigate INS Brahmaputra, Submarine Rescue Vessel INS Nireekshak and Minesweeper INS Allepey in his 35 years long career.He was honoured by President of India with Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) on 26th January 2017 and Nau Sena Medal in 2007.
- A non-venomous snake species which is named as “Crying Keelback (Hebius lacrima)” is found in which State/UT?
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Arunachal Pradesh
A non-venomous snake species has been discovered by Herpetologists Jayaditya Purkayastha of Help Earth, Guwahati and Patrick David of Museum National d’Histoire Naturelle, Paris in Guwahati, Arunachal Pradesh.The Snake has been named as “Crying Keelback (Hebius lacrima)” due to the presence of black spots below the snake’s eye which is taken as an allusion for crying. The 48 mm long Snake is found is “jhum” (shifting) cultivation areas in the Basar area West siang district of Arunachal Pradesh in 2010-11.The Discovery of snake is published in a peer reviewed journal for animal taxonomy known as “Zootaxa”.
- Who was appointed as the Coach of Under-23 Indian Football team for the upcoming Asian Football Confederation (AFC)?
1) Pronay Halder
2) Derrick Pereira
3) Sandesh Jhingan
4) Jackichand Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Derrick Pereira
Derrick Pereira is set to become the coach of the Indian Under-23 football team for the upcoming Asian Football Confederation (AFC) qualifiers, to be held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan from 22nd March.He will take charge from the preparatory camp in Goa that begins on 2nd March. A friendly match between Qatar U-23 and India U-23 is also scheduled in Doha on 11th March 2019.
- German Nobel Prize winning Manfred Eigen,passed away recently at the age of 91.He belongs to which field?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Chemist
German Nobel Prize winning chemist, Manfred Eigen, passed away at the age of 91 on 13th February, 2019. He was awarded half of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry on 1967 for his work in measuring extremely fast chemical reactions. He had shared this prize with R. G. W. Norrish and George Porter.
- Director cum Producer Vijaya Bapineedu,passed away at age 83 recently.He belongs to which State/UT?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Telangana
Vijaya Bapineedu, Telugu director-producer, known for giving several hit films to actor Chiranjeevi, passed away on 13th February, 2019 at the age of 83 years in Hyderabad,Telangana.His movie ‘Gang Leader’ was remade in Hindi as ‘Aaj ka Goondaraj’ with Chiranjeevi in the lead. Other hit movies include ‘Big Boss’, ‘Khiladi No. 786’ and ‘Maga Dheerudu’.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of Finland?Answer – Capital – Helsinki;Currency – Euro
- Who is the President of Argentina?Answer – Mauricio Macri
- Where is the Headquarters of World Health Organization (WHO) located?Answer – Geneva, Switzerland
- What is the tagline of Yes Bank?Answer – Experience our Expertise
- Where is the Headquarters of Asian Football Confederation (AFC) located?Answer – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia