Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- They are in a state of disrepair and are visibly__________in the public services they provide, with alarming__________for public health.
1) enough, source
2) deficient, consequences
3) adequate, origin
4) ample, riseAnswer – 2)
Explanation: deficient, consequences
- Whether it is the severe air pollution in Delhi, traffic congestion in Bangalore, the floods in Chennai or the garbage__________in a number of cities, technology provides only a_________part of the solution.
1) help, big
3) aid, large
4) menace, minisculeAnswer – 4)
Explanation: menace, miniscule
- Public-private partnership works best when it is based on an open and transparent arrangement, with a__________assignment of risks, backed by an_________dispute-resolution mechanism.
1) lucid, impotent
2) explicit, weak
3) clear, effective
4) definite, uselessAnswer – 3)
Explanation: clear, effective
- During his stints as Home Minister and later as Foreign Minister, he enjoyed a reputation of being both__________and__________.
1) procrastinating, reasonable
2) decisive, pragmatic
3) indecisive, idealistic,
4) indefinite, unreasonableAnswer – 2)
Explanation: decisive, pragmatic
- Its successive_________reflect different stages of Nepali peacemaking, from ideological__________to integration of the Maoist army to a democratic republic to pluralism, gender equality and devolution.
1) uncommonness, refusal
2) infrequency, opposition
3) irregularity, dissension
4) iterations, reconciliationAnswer – 4)
Explanation: iterations, reconciliation
- I believe now, through our past____________experiences, we must prepare___________for future challenges.
1) peaceable, openly
2) kind, familiarly
3) kindly, commonly
4) bitter, ourselvesAnswer – 4)
Explanation: bitter, ourselves
- We often use the cliché “art transcends all boundaries” with__________, ___________to the fact that it really does not.
1) instability, conscious
2) imbalance, concerned
3) aplomb, oblivious
4) disproportion, awareAnswer – 3)
Explanation: aplomb, oblivious
- The Urur engagement pushes for the overcoming of these feelings by its open environment where people share__________experiences that_________the sharp boundaries of ‘us’ and ‘them’.
1) aesthetic, overcome
2) displeasing, concerned
3) ugly, unflappable
4) hideous, movedAnswer – 1)
Explanation: aesthetic, overcome
- This socio-cultural experiment has led to__________questions and few answers; that is what keeps it__________, We continue to seek direction.
1) small, life
2) numerous, alive
3) lacking, animate
4) little, deceasedAnswer – 2)
Explanation: numerous, alive
- While everyone wants to_________considerable wealth to their progeny, __________sets in while it comes to government borrowing even as it involves a burden on the future generations.
1) return, farsightedness
2) receipts, hypermetropy
3) bequeath, myopia
4) proceeds, hypermetropiaAnswer – 3)
Explanation: bequeath, myopia