Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON RECENT IBPS EXAM.
- Performed another important function: by diminishing ____________and friction, they helped place everything and everybody in their proper place.
5) indubitableAnswer : 1)
ambiguity – the quality of being open to more than one interpretation; inexactness.
- The right to equality ____________ in the Constitution of India is not merely a negative right against discriminated but also a positive right to be treated as an equal.
5) dissolubleAnswer : 4)
enshrined – place (a revered or precious object) in an appropriate receptacle.
- It adds that none of these will be the basis for subjecting any citizen “to any disability, liability, restriction or condition with regard to (a) access to shops, public restaurants, hotels and palaces of public entertainment; or (b) the use of wells, tanks, bathing ghats, roads and places____________ to the use of the general public”.
5) forbearanceAnswer : 1)
dedicated – devoted to a task or purpose.
- There is even happy news for emerging markets, which are still ____________ for US Federal Reserve interest-rate hikes but have gained a better backdrop against which to adjust.
5) counteractAnswer : 4)
bracing – fresh and invigorating.
- The broad story behind the global reflation is easy enough to understand. Deep, systemic financial crises lead to deep, ____________ recessions.
5) aggravatedAnswer : 4)
prolonged – continuing for a long time or longer than usual; lengthy.
- True, many problems remain, including weak banks in Europe, over-leveraged local governments in China, and needlessly complicated financial ____________ in the United States. Nonetheless, the seeds of a sustained period of more solid growth have been planted.
5) vocationAnswer : 1)
regulation – a rule or directive made and maintained by an authority.
- Who can doubt that US President Donald Trump will make a Twitter punching bag out of any of them who dares criticize his administration’s planned retreat from open trade and leadership in ____________ financial institutions?
5) considerableAnswer : 2)
multilateral – agreed upon or participated in by three or more parties, especially the governments of different countries.
- In that conference room, I described how investors had opposed ____________by divesting from South African companies, with state pension funds and others including provisions in their guidelines prohibiting further such investment.
5) adjoinAnswer : 5)
adjoin – be next to and joined with (a building, room, or piece of land)
- Many organizations, I pointed out, were frustrated by advisers who ____________ that to increase their endowments, they had to separate their from the need to achieve strong returns.
5) No correction required.Answer : 3)
insisted – demand something forcefully, not accepting refusal.
- In doing this, the Supreme Court has sought to strike a balance between protecting individual liberty and preserving the spirit of a law in favour of ____________ sections.
5) oppressedAnswer : 5)
oppressed – subject to harsh and authoritarian treatment.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification