Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample inFill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- It may be__________, but there is little confidence that the__________issues that are shaping it, from unemployment to terrorism and security to retirement benefits to the moralization of political life, will be resolved.
1) interesting, preferable
2) fascinating, myriad
3) boring, calculable
4) repulsive, limited
5) uninteresting, measurableAnswer – 2)
Explanation : fascinating, myriad
- It is also__________in the risk of substantial voter__________, unusual for a country that takes presidential elections very seriously.
1) unabbreviated, unabridged
2) commend, credit
3) fixed, fulfilled
5) reflected ,abstentionAnswer – 5)
Explanation : reflected ,abstention
- By purchasing almost three times the total net issuance of eurozone bonds, the ECB effectively__________eurozone rules and began to monetize Europe’s government deficits, as well as__________a mutual support system between strong economies such as Germany and weaker ones like Italy and Spain.
1) circumvented ,creating
2) completed, concentrated
3) every, exclusive
4) undivided, unexpurgated
5) unqualified, utterAnswer – 1)
Explanation : circumvented ,creating
- The immediate result was an__________in confidence among both businesses and consumers.
5) consummateAnswer – 1)
Explanation : upsurge
- If this results in a victory for Emmanuel Macron, the centrist front-runner, France will__________on a path leading to at least a__________of economic reforms.
1) hearing, plenary
2) sensibility, outright
3) impression, conclusive
4) function, accomplished
5) embark ,modicumAnswer – 5)
Explanation : embark ,modicum
- He__________his mission through a combination of youthful energy, self-confidence, political cunning, technocratic competence, and a__________of moderation.
1) claimed, sensitivity
2) advances, sense
3) edited, sight
4) reduced, faculty
5) condensed, sensationAnswer – 2)
Explanation : advances, sense
- The EU has suffered a__________economic slump since the 2008 financial crisis, largely because the German government vetoed the kind of monetary and fiscal__________that helped to pull the US out of recession in 2010.
1) truncated, discouragement
2) curtailed, hindrance
3) prolonged, stimulus
4) abbreviated, tranquilizer
5) abridged, foreseeableAnswer – 3)
Explanation : prolonged, stimulus
- Europe will enjoy a better, more sustainable, and socially__________economic recovery than the US under Trump.
5) exclusiveAnswer – 4)
Explanation : inclusive
- If voters in France’s upcoming presidential election prove closer to the Dutch than to Americans and Britons in their__________to xenophobia and protectionism, their decision will have global__________for politics, economics, and the ideology of global capitalism.
1) susceptibility ,implications
2) comparability, solutions
3) sustainability, riddance
4) tangibility, delineate
5) suitability, complacencyAnswer – 1)
Explanation : susceptibility ,implications
- This brings us to the ideological implications if centrist forces win and economic recovery__________in Europe this year.
5) perpetualsAnswer – 2)
Explanation : accelerates