Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample inFill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- An effective humanitarian response requires predictable and_____________funding to_____________the necessary investments in nutrition, livelihoods and food security.
1) feared, build
2) assured, underpin
3) doubted, establish
4) doubtful, hinge
5) uncertain, predicateAnswer – 2)
Explanation : assured, underpin
- It is critical that it acts on this_____________and that it puts in place the programs needed to end the region’s_____________marginalization.
1) limited, loath
2) commitment, persistent
3) bound, relenting
4) hindered, surrendering
5) confined, yieldingAnswer – 2)
Explanation : commitment, persistent
- Given that the denial and destruction of economic_____________has been at the heart of the_____________, there is no better way to deliver a peace dividend than to invest in education.
1) affliction, submission
2) opportunity, insurgency
3) mischance, obedience4) infelicity, subordination
5) visitation, acquiescenceAnswer – 2)
Explanation : opportunity, insurgency
- Once occupation began in 1940, Soviet forces began_____________Estonians of their Western mentality and memory by_____________some 26 million books.
1) catastrophe, unclean
2) anxiety, unsterile
3) cataclysm, unsanitary
4) debacle, contaminated
5) stripping ,destroyingAnswer – 5)
Explanation : stripping ,destroying
- He maintained hope, however, that, while culture could not cure humans of their destructiveness, it could help us to limit these_____________, at least in our_____________outer world.
1) speculation, bootlegged
2) soundness, proscribed
3) saneness, excluded
4) instincts, shared
5) misery,censuredAnswer – 4)
Explanation :instincts, shared
- Estonia had_____________its independence, and I was_____________a kind of resolution for my mother, who had been taken as a young girl to a gulag.
1) verboten, marbles
2) illicit, reverse
3) regained, seeking
4) casuality, lucidity
5) excluded, inductionAnswer – 3)
Explanation : regained, seeking
- As technology, globalization, and many other factors continue to_____________work, one_____________will be the need for soft skills, or “skills for life.”
1) discernment, steadfast
2) redefine, constant
3) rationalization, perpetual
4) bootleg, unvarying
5) interdicted, homogeneousAnswer – 2)
Explanation : redefine, constant
- When jobs are unfilled for too long, they are more likely to be permanently_____________to countries with lower labor costs or a better-_____________talent pool.
1) accident, adversity
2) outsourced, suited
3) stabled, stable
4) prohibited, consistent
5) continual, equableAnswer – 2)
Explanation : outsourced, suited
- Whatever approach we take must be collaborative and comprehensive,-_____________that young people learn the soft skills they will-_____________need for all future scenarios.
1) laudatory, generally
2) ensuring, actually
3) complimentary, praising
4) annoyance, penetrating5) Gibralter, monochromeAnswer – 2)
Explanation : ensuring, actually
- Every student developing soft skills today could-_____________change the world for the better in the-_____________to come.
1) inference, intellect
2) disparaging, exacting
3) potentially, decades
4) tribulation, trouble
5) humbling, hypercriticalAnswer – 3)
Explanation : potentially, decades