Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Research suggests there will be an annual rise in____________until 2042, before a decline sets in.
4) healthfulAnswer – 2)
Explanation: fatalities – an occurrence of death by accident, in war, or from disease.
- Mr. Rajan listed six primary reasons for a_________ in stressed assets that have been_________ in recent times unperceived.
1) instantly , insured
2) usually, seen
3) equality, prescribed
4) spurt, observedAnswer – 4)
Explanation: spurt, observed
- As stressed in the Centre’s Economic Survey this year, taxation is a core _________ of modern citizenship in _________.
1) around, specifics
2) element, democracies
3) transatlantic, transpacific
4) transoceanic, classesAnswer – 2)
Explanation: element, democracies
- Therefore, the EC’s action in these two constituencies may be____________as one that did little but carry symbolic weight.
4) occurredAnswer – 1)
- A Commission with better resources and more manpower on the ground for the entire State — not to mention much greater courage — may have considered____________of the entire Assembly election.
4) postponementAnswer – 4)
Explanation: postponement – the action of postponing something; deferral.
- Even so, it must be granted that the EC went well beyond merely delivering a mild____________to the parties.
4) previewAnswer – 3)
Explanation: reprimand – address a reprimand to.
- Of course, to occupy the White House, she will first have to ward off a stiff attack from____________Republican nominee Donald Trump, the fire-breathing property billionaire.
4) presumptiveAnswer – 4)
- If the super delegates____________her stay true to their promise to support her at the convention, then Ms. Clinton will have finally won the bid to be on the ballot as a presidential candidate, eight years after she first gave it a shot.
4) relayingAnswer – 3)
- The Centre should also act on the____________monopoly held by automotive companies on the sale of spares and servicing of vehicles, which is raising cost of ownership and affecting quality of maintenance.
4) virtualAnswer – 4)
Explanation: virtual – almost or nearly as described, but not completely or according to strict definition.
- The government needs to use this opportunity to strengthen the water____________and storage infrastructure.
4) triggerAnswer – 2)
Explanation: Retention – the continued possession, use, or control of something.