Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- The wooden structure was pulled through the____________of Lilliput with all the Lilliputians lining up the streets.
5) unfledgedAnswer – 3)
Explanation: streets – a public road in a city, town, or village, typically with houses and buildings on one or both sides.
- Gulliver pulled the ships the whole day,____________the army of Bleuse was giddy and in no position to fight.
5) unlessAnswer – 1)
Explanation: until – up to (the point in time or the event mentioned).
- He took long____________rope, tied all the hundred ships together and dragged them in the water.
1) set free
5) releaseAnswer – 2)
Explanation: rope – a length of thick strong cord made by twisting together strands of hemp, sisal, nylon, or similar material.
- It was a carnival atmosphere which the Lilliputians seemed to be enjoying themselves,____________to the amusement of Gulliver.
2) a lot of
5) muchAnswer – 5)
- A significant section of Assamese intellectuals, regional____________press and various outfits is clearly peeved at the Centre’s manoeuvring of the sensitive issue of foreigners.
5) acceptedAnswer – 3)
Explanation: vernacular – the language or dialect spoken by the ordinary people of a country or region.
- Such social engineering proved successful in the last Assembly elections, but to sustain it the party needs to complete the____________of ‘othering’ the Muslims sooner rather than later.
5) obedienceAnswer – 1)
Explanation: process – a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.
- Various fungal flora associated with wheat seeds differed in their prevalence____________on the length of storage period and types of container used for storage.
5) unrelentingAnswer – 1)
Explanation: depending – be controlled or determined by.
- The moisture content and black point____________increased and seed germination decreased with the increase of storage period.
5) leverageAnswer – 1)
Explanation: infection – the process of infecting or the state of being infected.
- We will have to wait for Mr Patel to explain the thinking behind this but there is little point in jumping to the conclusion that it is____________.
5) ecstaticAnswer – 3)
Explanation: malafide – in bad faith; with intent to deceive.
- This would enable delineation of the functions of IPAs without real or____________conflict of interest, so that insolvency professionals perform their role with the desired levels of professionalism.
5) melancholyAnswer – 2)
Explanation: perceived – become aware or conscious of (something); come to realize or understand.