Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Ecologists, hydrologists, economists and engineers have_________detailed documentation that brings into doubt the_________of water_________,economic growth and safety made by the project.
1) delinquent, disclaim, deportation
2) rigid, dissimilar, banishment
3) fragile, unconventional, expulsion
4) produced, claims, provisioning
5) different, deny, extraction
Answer – 4)
Explanation: produced, claims, provisioning
produced – make or manufacture from components or raw materials.
claims – state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.
provisioning – supply with food, drink, or equipment, especially for a journey.
- The endless scream of alarm clocks and studying until eyes_________in their sockets, pressure cooker competition, the_________feeling that one’s entire future_________in balance.
1) static, disjoin, denounce
2) sink, desperate, hangs
3) float, conjoin , acquiring
4) increasing, take away, upbraid
5) fluctuating, subtracts, deprecate
Answer – 2)
Explanation: sink, desperate ,hangs
sink – go down below the surface of something, especially of a liquid; become submerged.
desperate – feeling or showing a hopeless sense that a situation is so bad as to be impossible to deal with.
hangs – suspend or be suspended from above with the lower part dangling free.
- In its attempt to________more_________on net neutrality, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India may have done exactly the opposite – created more_________.
1) revise, intelligibility, humor
2) ensure, clarity, confusion
3) conforms, dirtiness, organization
4) confides, obscurity, conclusion
5) confident, unintelligibility, orientation
Answer – 2)
Explanation: ensure ,clarity, confusion
ensure – make certain that (something) will occur or be the case.
clarity – the quality of being clear.
confusion – uncertainty about what is happening, intended, or required.
- At a time when the spread of internet is so small and the speed so slow,_________time and energy on debating _________speed is like worrying about who gets what__________of a small and yet-to-be-fully baked cake.
1) wasting, omnibus , outright
2) devoting, differential ,slice
3) disregarding, assemblage , utter
4) criticizing, obtaining , inclusive
5) neglecting, congregation, integral
Answer – 2)
Explanation: devoting, differential , slice
devoting – give all or most of one’s time or resources to (a person or activity).
differential – of, showing, or depending on a difference; varying according to circumstances or relevant factors.
slice – a thin, broad piece of food, such as bread, meat, or cake, cut from a larger portion.
- For two decades India has seen a__________tightening of vehicular emission norms. However, the full__________of this trend has not been realised because all arms of government have not worked in __________.
1) disarranged, detest , individual
2) desperate, dearth , teammate
3) calibrated, potential, tandem
4) confused, impossible, amassment
5) deranged, lack , combination
Answer – 3)
Explanation: calibrated, potential, tandem
calibrated – mark (a gauge or instrument) with a standard scale of readings.
potential – having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future.
tandem – a bicycle with seats and pedals for two riders, one behind the other.
- The American security establishment suffers from the_________that it will be able to control every new military technology it develops; the reality is that other nations_________catch up and_________terrorists will acquire it too.
1)amity, doubtfully, specially
2) similarity, questionably, occasionally
3) certainty, rituality , generally
4) delusion, inevitably, eventually
5) actuality, uncertainty , perpetually
Answer – 4)
Explanation: delusion, inevitably, eventually
delusion – an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
inevitably – as is certain to happen; unavoidably.
eventually – in the end, especially after a long delay, dispute, or series of problems.
- Despite chest-thumping about diversity and difference, displayed in Republic Day parades and other________that ________nationalism, Indians seem to take________in and demand some level of homogeneity.
1) occasions, pride, showcase
2) sporadic, docility , conceal
3) functions, meekness, cover
4) events, mortification, withhold
5) organizations, nonresistance, secrete
Answer – 1)
Explanation: occasions, pride, showcase
occasions – a particular event, or the time at which it takes place.
pride – a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one’s own achievements, the achievements of one’s close associates, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.
showcase – a glass case used for displaying articles in a shop or museum.
- Any kind of ethnocentrism, ________by pride in the self and in________towards others, only divides people, not unites them in their________.
1) deplored, respect, similarity
2) fostered , prejudices, diversity
3) complained, fairness, identicalness
4) resented, justice, sameness
5) affronted , regard, uniformity
Answer – 2)
Explanation: fostered , prejudices, diversity
fostered – encourage the development of (something, especially something desirable).
prejudices – preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
diversity – the state of being diverse.
- Trump advocates banning Muslims from traveling to the United States, he’s__________to limit the free press, and __________offensive statements toward women, immigrants,__________of immigrants, and foreign nationals.
1) vulnerable, announced, provoke
2) invulnerable, proceed, ascent
3) protected, gave, predecessor
4) threatened, made, descendants
5) safe, said, ascendant
Answer – 4)
Explanation: threatened, made, descendants
threatened – state one’s intention to take hostile action against (someone) in retribution for something done or not done.
descendants – a person, plant, or animal that is descended from a particular ancestor.
- The US Senate has__________approved a move to enhance military co-operation with India for developing threat analysis, military doctrine, force planning,_________support and intelligence _________and analysis.
1) dissimilar, irrational, convocation
2)casualty, rational , assortment
3) anxiously, immoderate, acquisition
4)vigorous, unreasonable, caboodle
5) unanimously , logistical, collection
Answer – 5)
Explanation: unanimously , logistical, collection
unanimously – without opposition; with the agreement of all people involved.
logistical – relating to or involving organization and planning.