Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- this action would not have been sufficient to____________the odour nuisance.
energy efficiency may be the quickest way to____________emissions of carbon dioxide.
the storm suddenly____________.
4) embark5) ceaseAnswer – 5)
Explanation: cease – come or bring to an end.
- an____________desire to blame others when things go wrong.
we can’t promise____________solutions.
the offence justified____________dismissal.
1) languorous2) instant
5) decelerateAnswer – 2)
Explanation: instant – happening or coming immediately.
- the event was recorded by a____________historian.
this series of paintings is____________with other works in an early style.
____________writing says that the city’s walls were formidable.
5) drippyAnswer – 1)
Explanation: contemporary – living or occurring at the same time.
- an____________housing shortage.
an____________awareness of changing fashions.
he has an exceptionally____________mind.
3) dragging4) acute
5) imperceptiveAnswer – 4)
Explanation: acute – (of an unpleasant or unwelcome situation or phenomenon) present or experienced to a severe or intense degree.
- the riverbanks were____________in beautiful wild plants.
there was____________evidence to support the theory.
there is____________rainfall during the summer.
5) dopeyAnswer – 3)
Explanation: abundant – existing or available in large quantities; plentiful.
- a tourniquet of rubber tubing or other____________material is placed around the upper arm.
the definition of nationality is____________in this cosmopolitan country.
this option is probably the most____________way of working.
5) adamantAnswer – 2)
Explanation: elastic – (of an object or material) able to resume its normal shape spontaneously after being stretched or compressed.
- the ship’s engines____________and cut out altogether.
it may be a good idea to____________the roles.
their press ads had a headline____________out of the illustration.
5) reversionAnswer – 2)
Explanation: reverse – move backwards.
- he had a____________for communicating.
some people have a____________for making money.
he has a____________of getting injured at the wrong time.
5) knackAnswer – 5)
Explanation: knack – an acquired or natural skill at doing something.
- fill the holes slightly____________to allow for sanding smooth.
bulrushes emerge tall and____________from the middle of the pond.
she took a final look down the____________granite staircase.
5) chiseledAnswer – 4)
Explanation: proud – feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one’s own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated.
- his deeply held political and religious____________.
she takes pride in stating her political____________.
she will appeal against her____________.
4) contrary5) relentingAnswer – 3)
Explanation: conviction – a formal declaration by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court of law that someone is guilty of a criminal offence.