Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- The worsening situation in urban areas is well known — not only the wage-earning poor but the middle class too is______________affected by the overnight artificial and extreme loss of purchasing power involved in the demonetisation exercise.
5) aidingAnswer – 3)
Explanation: adversely – in a way that prevents success or development; harmfully or unfavourably.
- There is nothing to prevent the government from continuing to investigate or______________suspected tax evaders.
5) clinkedAnswer – 1)
Explanation: raid – a rapid surprise attack on an enemy by troops, aircraft, or other armed forces.
- Citizens and leaders of all political parties, including the ruling party, should unite to demand immediate______________of the demonetisation measure before the situation worsens any further.
5) establishmentAnswer – 2)
Explanation: revocation – the official cancellation of a decree, decision, or promise.
- When 86 per cent of currency notes in a country of 1.3 billion people are rendered illegal______________in a matter of hours, it is bound to create a short-term disruption in daily lives.
5) roughAnswer – 2)
Explanation: tender – showing gentleness, kindness, and affection.
- It is disconcerting that the administrative affairs of Indian cricket should continue to be______________in controversy in the midst of a packed and interesting home season.
5) exoneratedAnswer – 1)
Explanation: embroiled – involve (someone) deeply in an argument, conflict, or difficult situation.
- Just as paying taxes on their profits is uncharted territory for such traders, the government too is______________uncharted waters with the demonetisation drive, necessitating adjustments on the go.
5) cruiseAnswer – 1)
Explanation: navigating – plan and direct the course of a ship, aircraft, or other form of transport, especially by using instruments or maps.
- Given our______________public health infrastructure, a thought should also have been spared for people’s healthcare costs.
5) eternalAnswer – 3)
Explanation: abysmal – extremely bad; appalling.
- In his speech the Prime Minister had invoked the______________of a purification of the economy by rooting out black money.
5) vagueAnswer – 1)
Explanation: metaphor – a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
- In the______________Rs.2,000 note to come, displayed on television, we can see the denomination written in the Devanagari numeral.
5) ersatzAnswer – 4)
Explanation: prototype – a first or preliminary version of a device or vehicle from which other forms are developed.
- Government is considering______________to the Citizenship Act, 1955, to grant citizenship to religious minorities from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
5) almAnswer – 4)
Explanation: amendments – a minor change or addition designed to improve a text, piece of legislation, etc.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification