Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Reviving such thoughts, taking ownership and acknowledging their______________would naturally lead to tolerance and celebration of______________.
1) plight, variety
2) avenue, assortment
3) attribute, medley
4) trait, contrast
5) profundity, diversityAnswer – 5)
Explanation: profundity, diversity
profundity – great depth of insight or knowledge.
diversity – the state of being diverse.
- Even though our heritage is a rich mix, we cannot ignore the fact that the roots of our spirituality come from______________philosophical thoughts we have inherited, mostly from Vedic______________.
1) refined, traditions
2) taciturn, intimidating
3) comprehensibility, intentions
4) convention, formidable
5) grimy, dismayingAnswer – 1)
Explanation: refined, traditions
refined – with impurities or unwanted elements having been removed by processing.
traditions – the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.
- There is, now more than ever, a need for Indians to reflect on their identity and______________themselves instead of continuing to______________only western thoughts and behaviours.
1) grubby, ominous
2) bizarre, forbidding
3) redefine, emulate
4) inarticulate, fearsome
5) clarity, frighteningAnswer – 3)
Explanation: redefine, emulate
redefine – define again or differently.
emulate – match or surpass (a person or achievement), typically by imitation.
- ______________strategies based on actual lay of the land will determine India’s growth______________and pronounce the quality of life our citizens will lead once we grow old as a nation.
1) filthy, course
2) wacky, orbit
3) Prudent, trajectory
4) lucidness, orientation
5) lucidity, ambitAnswer – 3)
Explanation: Prudent, trajectory
Prudent – acting with or showing care and thought for the future.
trajectory – the path followed by a projectile flying or an object moving under the action of given forces.
- Apt policies aimed at______________the impact of rapid technological buildout and striking a balance between productivity and labour employment need to be______________.
1) mucky, unnerving
2) peculiar, fearsome
3) coherence, frightening
4) straightforwardness, forbidding
5) tempering, conceptualisedAnswer – 5)
Explanation: tempering, conceptualised
tempering – improve the hardness and elasticity of (steel or other metal) by reheating and then cooling it.
conceptualised – form a concept or idea of (something).
- Chasing higher productivity at a lesser cost is the______________industry norm and recent developments in automation and artificial intelligence pose a______________impact on the job market.
1) greasy, formidable
2) stained, disconcerting
3) freaking, dismaying
4) prevailing, daunting
5) plainness, demoralizingAnswer – 4)
Explanation: prevailing, daunting
prevailing – existing at a particular time; current.
daunting – seeming difficult to deal with in prospect; intimidating.
- The banking sector, through both traditional banks and______________such as payments banks, can also help people access a full range of financial products that many of the middle class take for______________.
1) simpleness, predetermined
2) directness, preconceived
3) kinky, volitional
4) variants, granted
5) smeared, consideredAnswer – 4)
Explanation: variants, granted
variants – a form or version of something that differs in some respect from other forms of the same thing or from a standard.
granted – admittedly; it is true (used to introduce a factor which is opposed to the main line of argument but is not regarded as so strong as to invalidate it).
- As welfare bypasses traditional structures and goes straight to the______________recipient, the influence of______________politics will wane.
1) smeary, deliberate
2) smudged, grotty
3) Bohemian, besmirched
4) outlandish, conscious
4) juxtaposed, intermediaries
5) intended, patronageAnswer – 5)
Explanation: intended, patronage
intended – planned or meant.
patronage – the support given by a patron.
- The transformational potential of these developments becomes apparent when______________with the prevailing system where welfare benefits are distributed in kind and through multiple______________.
1) muddy, wanton
2) hippy, intentional
3) exotic, begrimed
4) juxtaposed, intermediaries
5) outlandish, yuckyAnswer – 4)
Explanation: juxtaposed, intermediaries
juxtaposed – place or deal with close together for contrasting effect.
intermediaries – a person who acts as a link between people in order to try and bring about an agreement; a mediator.
- If we don’t, we would continue______________alien cultures and values only, while rejecting everything Indian as being______________and superstitious.
1) contaminated, gungy
2) sullied, defiled
3) embracing, orthodox
4) discrete, insanitary
5) impure, tarnishedAnswer – 3)
Explanation: embracing, orthodox
embracing –hold (someone) closely in one’s arms, especially as a sign of affection.
orthodox – following or conforming to the traditional or generally accepted rules or beliefs of a religion, philosophy, or practice.