EEPC (Engineering Export Promotion Council, Eastern Region)‘s Gold Trophy for outstanding export performance during 2013-14 has been conferred upon National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO).
Established in 1981, National Aluminium Company Limited is a Navratna CPSE under Ministry of Mines.
- It is headquartered in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Presently, Government of India holds 93% equity of NALCO.
- NALCO is the first Company in Aluminium sector in the Country to venture into International market with London Metal Exchange (LME) registration since May, 1989.
- The Company is listed at Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) since 1992.
The company has formed a JV Company with Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) for establishing 2X700 MW Nuclear Power Plants at an estimated investment of Rs. 11,459 crore at Kakrapara in Gujarat.
Established in 1955, EEPC India is the premier trade and investment promotion organization in India. It is sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India and caters to the Indian engineering sector.
- As an advisory body it actively contributes to the policies of Government of India and acts as an interface between the engineering industry and the Government.
Since 1967-68, EEPC India has been recognizing the contribution of its member exporters who circumvent innumerable challenges, vagaries of global MARKETS and a host of uncertainties to emerge as leading exporters from India.