Tennis’s World no.1 Sania Mirza, batting linchpin Virat Kohli and badminton lead Saina Nehwal listed their names in the Forbes “30 under 30 Asia”.
- The Forbes list of “promising young leaders and game changers” under the age of 30 in Asia includes 300 young and driven entrepreneurs and game-changers who are contributing to their industries in a significant way.
- Countries included – India, Indonesia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Pakistan, Vietnam and Australia.
The list covers 10 categories consisting of covering consumer technology, enterprise technology, arts, healthcare and science, media, social entrepreneurship, finance, industry and retail.
There are 56 Indians feature in the list. Here are some Indian names in list:
- Sports – Apart from Sania, Virat and Saina, 27 year old Arunima Sinha who is the first female and first Indian amputee to climb Mt. Everest in 2013 made her name in the list.
- Entertainment – Chaitanya Tamhane (28) who is the writer and director of the critically acclaimed movie Court and actress Shraddha Kapoor (26) also made their mark in list.
- Retail and e-commerce category – Raghav Verma (29), who co-founded Indian tea chain “Chaayos” with IIT-Mumbai alumnus Nitin Saluja and Mehul Agrawal (29), cofounder of automotive e-commerce site “Cars24” and online furniture store “FabFurnish”.
- Social entrepreneurship – Kanika Tekriwal (27), co-founded and heads “JetSetGo”, an India-based private jet concierge service that links passengers to planes through an online marketplace.
- Consumer tech category – Ritesh Agarwal (22) founder and CEO of “disruptive hospitality business and app “OYO Rooms”.
- Headquarter – New Jersey, US
- Editor in chief – Steve Forbes