Culture and Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma released a Commemorative Coin of Rs. 200/– and a Circulation Coin of Rs. 10/- on Tatya Tope on the occasion of his Martyr Day.
- Ministry of Culture has been celebrating the 200th Birth Anniversary of Tatya Tope during 2015-16 in association with State Government of Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh respectively.
- Maharashtra government has organized the Inaugural Function at Shaniwar Wada at Pune on February this year. Before that, a three day Mahotsav named Shaurya Mahotsav was held from 26 February 2016.
The Government of India is also considering creation of infrastructure in the memory of Tatya Tope by constructing in association with the respective State Governments.
- Memorial at Yeola at Nasik, Maharashtra.
- War Museum at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Ramachandra Pandurang Tope:
- He is one of the most outstanding leaders of India’s First War of Independence, He is better known by his nickname Tatya Tope
- Tatya Tope was a patriot of the highest order. He was captured by the British Forces on 07 April, 1859 and after a hurried trial for waging war against the East India Company, he was hanged to death on 18 April 1859 at Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh.
- 1857 Indian Rebellion refers to a rebellion in India against the British Rule India Company that ran from May 1857 to June 1858.