The President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee presented Dr. B. C. Roy National Awards and Hari Om Ashram Alembic Research Awards at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi on March 28, 2017.
- The Dr. B. C. Roy National Awards are presented for the years 2014, 2015 and 2016 and Hari Om Ashram Alembic Research Awards are presented for the years 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016.
Awards under Dr. B. C. Roy National Awards
Total of 49 awards are presented under the following categories.The award was first presented in the year 1973 to Sandip Mukerjee, FRCS.
The categories under Dr. B. C. Roy awards are
- Statesmanship of the Highest Order in India,
- Medical man-cum-Statesman,
- Eminent Medical Person,
- Eminent person in Philosophy,
- Eminent person in Science and
- Eminent person in Arts.
Notable person under this awards are
- Geethalakshmi, Vice-Chancellor of The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University was given the award in recognition of her outstanding services in the field of socio-medical relief for the year 2016.
- Palanivelu, chairman of Coimbatore-based GEM Hospital received the award in the eminent medical person category for the year 2015 (he got it the first in 2006 under the specialty development category).
- Anand K. Khakhar, Program Director, Centre for Liver Diseases and Transplantation at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai received the award for the recognition of best talents in encouraging the development of specialties in different branches in medicine category for the year2015.
A total of 9 doctors from AIIMS University received this award.
Awards under Hari Om Ashram Alembic Research Awards
Hari Om Ashram Alembic Research Awards are presented under the following categories
- Basic Research in Medical Sciences,
- Clinical Research and
- Operational Research.
Notable persons under this award are
- Rajasekaran, Chairman, Department of Orthopedics, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore under Applied research in Field Level for the year 2008.
- Sundaresan, senior scientist and Head of the Genetics Department at the Aravind Medical Research Foundation, Madurai under Basic research in Medical Science for the year 2010.
- R Rakesh Kumar, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) under applied research in Field Level for the year 2015.
- Neena Srivastava, Professor at Department of Physiology King George’s Medical University, Lucknow under Basic research in Medical Science for the year 2016
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification