AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs May 5 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development Maneka Sanjay Gandhi organized a day long National Conference on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) in ____ in which 244 Districts were selected under this scheme?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.New Delhi
The Ministry of Women and Child Development Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi organized A Day long National Conference on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) held in New Delhi in which 244 Districts are selected under this scheme.Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi Addressed the gathering & highlighted that,the goals of BBBP can be achieved when various stakeholders involve in it.She also Suggested Several Initiatives to the Newly Selected Districts by which they can get tremendous Success & improve the Sex Ratio at Birth and initiatives to encourage girl child education.
- Where was the Exhibition called ‘India and the World: A History in Nine Stories’ was held on May 5,2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.New Delhi
On May 5,2018 An Exhibition called ‘India and the World: A History in Nine Stories’ will be inaugurated at the National Museum auditorium, New Delhi by Dr. Mahesh Sharma ,Minister of State for Culture(I/c) and Minister of State for Environment, Forest and Climate Change. This effort made by the British Museum, London; National Museum, New Delhi; and ChhatrapatiShivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS), Mumbai with support of the Culture Ministry. The exhibition evaluates the development of Indian civilization in a sequel order through delicate artifact from India and abroad. ‘India and the World: A History in Nine Stories’deeps into two million years of history. This exhibition will be a part of memorial of 70 years of India’s independence and a year of major cultural exchange between India and the UK (UK/India 2017).
- On May 5, 2018 Union Minister Nitin Gadkari laid foundation stone of four national highway projects costing Rs 1,523 crore in which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Telangana
On May 5, 2018 Union Minister Nitin Gadkari will lay foundation stone of four national highway projects costing Rs 1,523 crore in Telangana. The ceremony to be held in Hyderabad and it will be attended by Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao. It includes six laning of Aramgarh-Shamsabad section of NH 44 between Hyderabad and Bangalore, rehabilitation and upgradation of NH 765D from Hyderabad outer ring road to Medak, construction of 4-lane flyover at Amberpet-X Roads, and construction of 6-lane elevated corridor from Uppal to Narapally on the Hyderabad-Bhopalpatnam section of NH 163.
- The first organized census on Indus dolphins has started in which state?
4.Jammu & Kashmir
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Punjab
The Indus dolphins are restricted to only a 185 km stretch between Talwara and Harike Barrage in India’s Beas River in Punjab. The five day exercise has been conducted to estimate the population of Indus Dolphin by Department of Forests and Wildlife Preservation, Punjab and WWF-India are currently working in two teams. The population of the Indus dolphin, platanista gangetica minor, numbers are estimated to be around 1,800 across Pakistan in the Indus river. In India, a tiny population survives in this small stretch of the Beas river.
- On May 4, 2018, NITI Aayog signed a Statement of Intent(SOI) with which IT Company to introduce technology to farmers to improve the Productivity of Crops?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.IBM
The Objective of the Collaborations is to Introduce technology to provide perspective to farmers to improve the Productivity of Crops,Soil Yields,Improving the Farmers Incomes.And the Project is Implemented by Using Artificial Intelligence by which Farmers get to know about the Climate Change,Crop Monitoring and Early Warning on Pest & Disease Outbreak.
- On May 5, 2018 Shri Subhash Chandra Garg, Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance met President of Asian Development Bank (ADB), ____ during a tour to Manila to attend the 51st Annual Meeting of Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
3.Jim Yong Kim
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Takehiko Nakao
On May 5, 2018 Shri Subhash Chandra Garg, Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance met President of Asian Development Bank (ADB), Mr. Takehiko Nakao during a tour to Manila to attend the 51st Annual Meeting of Asian Development Bank (ADB). He requested him to support India’s endeavor and to expand ADB’s sovereign and non-sovereign operations in India by providing financial assistance worth $ 4 billion a year. Government of India had approved the proposal of ADB to acquire additional resources through INR bonds in the offshore markets. He also attended the 12th informal meeting of SAARC Finance Ministers and highlighted the ongoing reforms in India .He has highlighted the need for increased private sector operations by ADB in India.
- To develop an innovative biopharmaceutical and medical devices industry in India, Government of India has signed an agreement with which bank?
1.Asian Development Bank
3.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
4.African Development Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.World Bank
The agreement has signed at a cost of USD 250 million for five years with 50 per cent funding through the World Bank Loan. The agreement for the Project was signed by Sameer Kumar Khare, Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, on behalf of the Government of India; Mohd. Aslam, Managing Director, Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC); and Hisham Abdo, Acting Country Director, World Bank India, on behalf of the World Bank. It will also encourage to develop promote industry-academia interface and enable start-ups and small and medium enterprises to build innovation research capacities for developing affordable healthcare products.
- The Centre for International Development at Harvard University Predicted the Fastest growing economies in the world for the Upcoming Decade. Which country has topped this list?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.India
The Centre for International Development at Harvard University Predicted the Fastest growing economies in the world for the Upcoming Decade.The Growth projections are based on some of the economic Complexity.India Topped the list with the Projection of 7.9 Per cent which is far high than China (4.9 Per cent),U.S.(3 Per cent),France (3.5 Per cent).Uganda is in Second Position with predicted growth of 7.5 percent.
Top Fastest Growing Countries are:
- Asian Development Bank( ADB) has projected India’s growth as _____ in Fiscal Year 2018 & ____ in the next Fiscal?
1.7.3 %, 7.6 %
2.7.2 %, 7.8 %
3.7.6 %, 7.8 %
4.7.5 %, 7.8 %
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.7.3 %, 7.6 %
ADB’s Chief Economist Yasuyuki Sawada said that the India’s Growth in 2017 is low because the Introduction of Demonetisation.And he Further Continues that the growth Projection of India is high from the Previous year is because of the Implementation of GST,Foreign Direct Investment also helps in India’s growth & the Most Important Factor which boost the growth is the Governments Initiative of Ease of Doing Business.
- Name the person who has bagged this year’s annual ONV Literary Prize, for his contributions to Malayalam literature?
1.M T Vasudevan Nair
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.M T Vasudevan Nair
The ONV Literary Prize has been instituted in memory of late poet O N V Kurup. The award consists of a cash prize of Rs 3 lakh, citation and a plaque. It is presented by the ONV Cultural Academy. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan would give away the award to M T Vasudevan, who is also known as M T, at a ceremony on 27th May 2018. Also, Anuja Akathoot’s poetry collection, ‘Amma Urangunnilla’ has been selected for the young writer award.
- Balharshah and Chandrapur stations of _____ Division of Central Railway have won First Prize in the Awards for beautification of Station premises announced by Ministry of Railways?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Nagpur
The awardees are as follows:
• First Prize- Balharshah and Chandrapur stations (Nagpur Division) of Central Railway. Both the stations have been awarded with Rs 10 Lakhs prize money.
• Second Prize- Madhubani Railway station under Samastipur Division of East Central Railway in Bihar and Madurai Railway Station (Southern Railway). Rs 5 lakh prize money has been awarded to both the stations.
• Third Prize- Kota Station (West Central Railway), Gandhidham Station (Western Railway) & Secunderabad Station (South Central Railway). These stations have been awarded Rs 3 lakh prize money.
- On 4th May 2018, Dakota DC-3 VP 905 aircraft joined the Indian Air Force again, in an induction ceremony at Hindan air force station, Uttar Pradesh. It has been renamed as ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Parashuram
The Dakota DC-3 VP 905 was formally inducted into the IAF. At the ceremony a key was received by the Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal B S Dhanoa from Air Commodore (retd) M K Chandrasekhar. M K Chandrasekhar’s son and Rajya Sabha MP Rajeev Chandrasekhar bought the aircraft from scrap and restored it in the UK. Dakota was accepted by the Chief of Air Staff from the Rajya Sabha MP Rajeev Chandrasekhar on 13 February 2018. The restored Dakota has been renamed as ‘Parashuram’. It will join the ‘Vintage Fly’ of one each of Tiger Moth and Howard developed at Hindan air force station. The aircraft started from the UK on 17th April 2018 to India with the crew of IAF and Reflight Airworks.
- Name the spacecraft launched by NASA aboard an Atlas V rocket to study “Marsquakes”, from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, United States, on 5th May 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.InSight
InSight has been designed to stay on the surface of Mars and listen to “Marsquakes”. The project costs $993 million. The US spent $813.8 million on the spacecraft and rocket launch. France and Germany spent $180 million on the instruments. A pair of mini-spacecraft named Mars Cube One, or MarCO are also launching on the rocket. It cost NASA $18.5 million. The MarCO are briefcase-sized satellites. They will fly on their own path to Mars behind InSight. They will test tiny new deep space communications equipment. InSight aims to explore interior conditions on Mars, inform efforts to send human explorers to Mars, find out how rocky planets like Earth formed, etc. InSight is expected to settle on Mars on 26th November 2018. InSight is the short form for Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport.
- Scientists have said that, Tapanuli Orangutan, the rarest ____ species on Earth, is on the verge of extinction?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.ape
Less than 800 members of the Tapanuli Orangutan species are alive. They are in danger due to mega-projects, deforestation, road building, and poaching. This was mentioned in a study published in the journal Current Biology. They would not survive unless immediate steps are taken to rescue them. This species was discovered in 2017 in Sumatra, Indonesia. A major threat to them is a planned $1.6 billion mega-dam project to be constructed by a Chinese state-owned corporation.
- On 4th May 2018, which Indian javelin thrower finished fourth in the season-opening IAAF Diamond League, at the Qatar Sport Club, in Doha, Qatar?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Neeraj Chopra
Neeraj Chopra made a throw of 87.43 metres and finished fourth. He has bettered his previous national record mark of 86.48 metres. Germany’s Thomas Rohler won gold medal with a throw of 91.78 metres. Germany’s Johannes Vetter secured the second spot with a throw of 91.56 metres. Germany’s Andreas Hoffman finished third with a throw of 90.08 metres. Czech Republic’s Jakub Vadlejch came fifth with a throw of 86.67.
- Dave Michener who died on 15th February 2018, due to a virus, at his residence in Los Angeles, United States, was a ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Animator
Although Dave Michener died on 15th February 2018, the news of his death was revealed recently by his wife. He was 85 years old. He had worked in various movies like ‘The Great Mouse Detective’ (1986), ‘The Fox and the Hound’ (1981), ‘The Rescuers’ (1977), ‘Oliver & Company’ (1988), and ‘Robin Hood’ (1973).
- When did Department of Science & Technology (DST) celebrate its foundation day?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.May 3
DST is one of the three departments of Ministry of Science & Technology. It was set up on 3rd May 1971. Its objective is to explore and develop new areas of science and technology, to strengthen national Science & Technology capacity, cutting across institutions and disciplines. Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Dr. Harsh Vardhan, laid the foundation stone of New State of Art Building of DST on 3rd May 2018 in New Delhi. Dr Harsh Vardhan said that, construction of the new building is expected to be completed by 3rd May 2021. DST had entered into a MoU with IRCON Infrastructure & Services LTD for the new building. As a part of Swachh Bharat Mission, Swacchta Pakhwada is also observed in the Department of Science & Technology from 1st May 2018 to 15th May 2018.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairman of IRCON Infrastructure & Services LTD?Mr. M. K. Singh
- Name the administrator and headquarters of NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)?Headquarters – Washington, D.C., U.S.; Administrator – Jim Bridenstine
- Who is the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS) in India?Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa
- Which state houses the Eravikulam National Park?Kerala
- Who is the CEO of NITI Aayog?Amitabh Kant