Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Who was killed in a US drone airstrike attack in a remote area of south-west Pakistan, near the Afghan border for the Terrorist activities?
B.Zaki ur Rehman Lakhvi
C.Mullah Akhtar Mansour
Answer – C.Mullah Akhtar Mansour
According to the Afghan reliable sources, he is like Taliban supremo. He assumed the leadership in July last year filling the shoes of Taliban founder and spiritual head Mullah Mohammad Omar. The UN reports claiming that he had an active role in drug trafficking.
- Which galaxy has discovered by a team of Scientists that is 13 billion light years far from Earth?
Answer – B.Faintest galaxy
Los Angeles based California University scientists made the discovery that could be a step toward unraveling one of the biggest mysteries in space science, which is a finding that can help explain how the cosmic dark ages ended.
- Australia based Functional training system F45 announced the appointment of former Australian cricketer ___________ as brand ambassador for Indian operations.
Answer – D.Brett Lee
Australia based Functional training system F45 announced the appointment of former Australian cricketer Brett Lee as brand ambassador for Indian operations.
- How many cities are termed as Smart Cities announced by the Urban Development Ministry where highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, communications and market viability?
Answer – C.13
Venkaiah Naidu conferred that seven more capital cities will be entered to the smart city competition.The above 13 cities are announced as Smart Cities. They are Patna, Shimla, Naya Raipur, Itanagar, Amaravati, Bengaluru and Thiruvananthapuram. The ‘Fast Track Competition’ from which these 13 were selected.
- Where is UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon inaugurated the first world humanitarian summit?
Answer – D.Istanbul
The purpose of world leaders to be committed to improving the humanitarian responses to crises. The Features of the Summit: World leaders to align themselves with the five core responsibilities. Preventing and ending conflicts. Respecting the rules of war
- Which Company acquired and incorporated its agricultural equipment rental services as a wholly owned subsidiary?
B.Mahindra & Mahindra
D.iGate Patni System
Answer – B.Mahindra & Mahindra
Mumbai-based utility vehicle major Mahindra & Mahindra has incorporated its agricultural equipment rental services arm Trringo.com as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Who has been elected as the Chief Minister of the Assam and maiden victory of BJP in Legislative Assembly in Assam?
Answer – A.Sarbananda Sonowal
BJP government formed the Legislative Assembly and Sarbananda Sonowal took charge as the Chief Minister of the state along with 11 ministers. BJP Government has won 60 seats out 126 seats
- Football governing body’s Deputy Secretary General Markus Kattner has been dismissed from his position with the immediate effect for which illegal activity?
A.Appointment of Staff
Answer – C. Bonus Scheme
Fifa’s deputy secretary general has been fired with immediate effect after the discovery of a secret bonus scheme that paid out millions of dollars over a period of years.
- 31,697 people set a Guinness World Records for mass plaza dancing in multiple locations in which country?
Answer – D.China
Over 31,000 people in Beijing, Shanghai and four other cities in china have created new feet by performing choreographed dance moves together for more than five minutes.
- Union IT & Communications Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad informed that India Posts payments bank will start functioning from which date?
Answer – A.March 2017
The minister stated that the proposal to start the Payments will be kept before the cabinet and postal payments bank will become operational from March 2017.
- Firaq Gorakhpuri’s biography written by
C.Ali Sardar Safri
Answer – A.Ajai Mansingh
Firaq Gorakhpuri’s biography, Firaq Gorakhpuri: The Poet of Pain & Ecstasy, written by his nephew Ajai Mansingh will be published by Roli Books in 2015.
- Government signed the Loan and Project Agreements with World Bank (IBRD) for assistance of US$ 100 million for which state Urban Water Supply Modernization project?
Answer – B.Karnataka
The Project is aimed to provide city-wide access to a continuous piped water supply in the eligible cities in Karnataka and also to reinforce the service delivery arrangements across the city.
- What are the institutes climb positions on Financial Terms Executive Education rankings in Custom and Open Categories for 2016?
A.IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Bangalore
B.IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Calicut
C.IIM Bangalore and IIM Bombay
D.IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Bombay
Answer – A.IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Bangalore
Institutes: Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) and Bangalore (IIMB). They improved their positions on the Financial Times global rankings for Executive Education programs in custom and Open categories for 2016.
- According to the UN environment report over 40 million people in India will be put at risk from rising sea levels by which year?
Answer – D.2050
Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, and the Philippines,are expected to have storm surge with a combined total of over 58 million people at risk by 2050. The report also emphasized that global urban populations are projected to scale up by 5 billion by 2050, with nearly 90 per cent of the increase in Asia and Africa.
- Which Government promulgated Office Language (Amendment) Ordinance, 2016 for use of its state language as a tool for communication in official matters?
Answer – C.Odisha
Odisha Governor SC Jamir promulgated Odisha Official Language (Amendment) Ordinance, 2016 for use of Odia language as a tool for communication in official matters.
- National Green Tribunal has banned light and heavy diesel vehicles, which are passed more than 10 years old, in six major cities in which State?
Answer – D.Kerala
The tribunal also directed the state government not to register any diesel vehicle in the capacity of 2000 CC and more, except public transport and local authority vehicles.