Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 23 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 March
- The Deep Space Atomic Clock of NASA which it aims to send to space in 2017 last has been developed at which of these NASA’s facilities?
A.George C. Marshall Space Flight Center
B.Jet Propulsion Laboratory
C.John F. Kennedy Space Center
D.Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center
Answer – B.Jet Propulsion Laboratory
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is set to send its next-generation atomic clock into space by the end of 2017 which is a key advance for safely navigating future human exploration of the solar system. The Deep Space Atomic Clock was developed by NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California. The clock will be smaller and lighter with more precise magnitudes than any atomic clock flown in space before.
- What is the rank of India in the 2017 Energy Architecture Performance Index (EAPI)?
Answer – A.87
India has been placed at 87th position among 127 countries in the global Energy Architecture Performance Index (EAPI) 2017 by World Economic Forum released on March 22, 2017. The report showed that including India, some of the other largest consumers of energy such as China (95th), Japan (45th), the Russian Federation (48th) and the United States (52nd) have either slipped in the rankings or experienced only marginal gains.
- The Ninth Gorkhas regiment of the Indian Army celebrated its _______ raising day on March 16, 2017.
Answer – B.200
The Ninth Gorkhas celebrated 200-years of its raising in Secunderabad, Telangana on March 16, 2017. The first battalion of the Ninth Gorkhas was raised by the British government in 1817 as the ‘Fatehgarh Levy’. The Regiment has been awarded three Victoria Crosses, five Mahavir Chakras and seventeen Vir Chakras in the two centuries of its existence.
- The 5th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) has been organized by the Ministry of Culture in which of the following states of India?
B.North Eastern States of India
Answer – B.North Eastern States of India
The Ministry of Culture is organizing the 5th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) 2017 from March 23-31, 2017 in the North Eastern Region of India. The 9 days cultural festival will be inaugurated at Parade Ground, Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh by Governor of Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh Shri Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya. The festival will be implemented through the seven Zonal Cultural Centres and other organization under Ministry of Culture and the North East Zone Cultural Centre (NEZCC), Dimapurhas will be the nodal agency.
- The Assam state government has signed 2 MoUs with which of the following banks on March 23, 2017 for providing housing loan and education loan to state employees?
A.State Bank of India
B.Bank of Baroda
C.Union Bank of India
D.Bank of Maharashtra
Answer – A.State Bank of India
The state government of Assam has signed two MoUs with Mumbai based State Bank of India(SBI) to provide housing loan and education loan for its employees on March 23, 2017. Devajyoti Hazarika, state additional secretary of finance and Om Prakash Mishra General Manager of SBI of NE Circle have signed MoU for loan facility at subsidized interest rates.
- Name the Aadhar-based UPI mobile application launched by the South Indian Bank on March 23, 2017.
A.SIB Aadhaar M-Pay
B.SIB Aadhaar Pay
Answer – C.SIB M-Pay
Kerala based South Indian Bank has introduced Aadhar-based UPI mobile application SIB M-Pay on March 23, 2017 to promote cashless digital transactions. SIB M-Pay will enables all bank account holders to send and receive money from their Smartphone without bank account information simply through Aadhaar number.
- To commemorate the death anniversary of which of these freedom fighters, Martyr’s Day is observed on March 23?
iii.Shivaram Hari Rajguru
B.Only i & iii
C.Only i, iii, & iv
D.All the above
Answer – C.Only i, iii, & v
Every year, March 23 is observed as Shaheed Diwas or Martyr’s Day by India to commemorate the death anniversary of three of India’s freedom struggle heroes namely Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Hari Rajguru and Sukhdev Thapar. 2017 Martyr’s Day marks the 86th death anniversary of the courageous leaders. As a part of the tribute, the Border Security Force (BSF) has decided to put on display the historic semi-automatic 32-bore Colt-make pistol used by the freedom fighter Bhagat Singh to shoot John Saunders in 1928 at the Central School of Weapons and Tactics museum.
- How much amount of capital infusion will be provided to the Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) from the central government in the second tranche as part of a turnaround-linked capital infusion plan?
A.Rs. 1000 crore
B.Rs. 1100 crore
C.Rs. 1500 crore
D.Rs. 2000 crore
Answer – A.Rs. 1000 crore
Chennai-based Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) will get Rs 1,100 crore capital infusion from the Government as part of a turnaround-linked capital infusion plan. It is the second tranche of capital infusion in public sector banks to enhance their capital base while the first tranche was first announced in July, 2016.
- The third protocol amending India-Singapore Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) notified by the government on March 23, 2017 will be effective from which date?
A.March 31, 2017
B.April 1, 2017
C.May 1, 2017
D.April 30, 2017
Answer – B.April 1, 2017
The Government of India has officially notified the third Protocol amending India-Singapore Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) on March 23, 2017. The third DTAA will come into force from April 1, 2017. Capital gains on shares during the period 1st April, 2017 to 31st March, 2019 will be taxed in source country at half of normal tax rate.
- Who has been awarded the 2017 Abel Prize?
D.Andrew J. Wiles
Answer – A.Yves Meyer
Yves Meyer, a French mathematician, was honored with the 2017 Abel Prize, given by Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters, on March 21, 2017 in a ceremony in Oslo, Norway for his contribution in the development of the mathematical theory of wavelets. Yves will receive 6 million Norwegian krone (about £600,000) cash award from His Majesty King Harald V at an award ceremony in Oslo on May 23, 2017.
- What is the theme of the 2017 World Meteorological Day?
A.Climate Knowledge for Climate Action
C.Hotter, Drier, Wetter, Face The Future
D.Weather and Climate: Engaging Youth
Answer – B.Understanding Clouds
World Meteorological Day is observed annually on March 23 annually in various part of the world to remember the World Meteorological Organization’s establishment on 23rd March, 2017. 2017 Theme: ‘Understanding Clouds’. This year theme highlight the enormous importance of clouds for weather climate and water
- Which country has gained the first position in the 2017 Energy Architecture Performance Index (EAPI)?
Answer – C.Switzerland
The 5th annual 2017 Energy Architecture Performance Index (EAPI) by World Economic Forum has been topped by Switzerland while Bahrain is ranked the lowest at 127th. Switzerland was followed by Norway at second, Sweden at third, Denmark at fourth and France at fifth position. The fifth annual index ranked 127 countries based on their ability to provide energy across three dimensions of the energy triangle namely economic growth and development, environmental sustainability, and energy access and security.
- Who is the winner of the 2017 International Shooting Sport Federation Shotgun World Cup, Mexico, in men’s double trap event?
B.Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
Answer – D.Ankur Mittal
Indian shooter Ankur Mittal won the gold medal at the International Shooting Sport Federation Shotgun World Cup in the men’s double trap event at Acapulco, Mexico on March 23, 2017. Mittal beat Australia’s James Willet with a score of 75 out of 80 while Willet managed 73. With this, India got its first medal of the competition where it has sent a nine-member squad. Earlier in February 2017, Mittal won silver medal at ISSF World Cup in New Delhi, losing to the gold medalist at that event, Australian James Willet.
- Who has been selected to be honored with the Songwriters Hall of Fame’s 2017 Hal David Starlight Award?
Answer – D.Ed Sheeran
The 26 year old English singer-songwriter and record producer Ed Sheeran from UK will be honoured with the Songwriters Hall of Fame’s 2017 Hal David Starlight Award. Sheeran will receive the award at the 48th Annual Induction and Awards Dinner on June 15, 2017 in New York.
- The Union Cabinet has approved to amend the NABARD Act 1981 to increase the authorized capital of NABARD from Rs. 5,000 crore to Rs. ________ crore
A.Rs. 25000 crore
B.Rs. 30000 crore
C.Rs. 50000 crore
D.Rs. 35000 crore
Answer – B.Rs. 30000 crore
The Union Cabinet approved the proposals to amend the NABARD Act, 1981 during the cabinet meeting that aims to amend the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Act, 1981 to enable the Central Government to increase the authorized capital of NABARD from Rs. 5,000 crore to Rs. 30,000 crore. Besides, the cabinet also approved to transfer of entire 0.4 percent equity of Reserve Bank of India in NABARD amounting to Rs. 20 crores to the Government of India
- How many total medals have been won by the Indian Para Athletes at the 9th edition of Fazza International IPC Athletics Grand Prix Competition on March 20, 2017?
Answer – D.Eight
The 9th edition of Fazza International IPC Athletics Grand Prix Competition began in Dubai, UAE on March 20, 2017 and concluded on March 23, 2017. During the course of event, Indian para athletes won total 8 Medals including 3 Gold, 1 Silver and 4 Bronze. The gold medal was won by Gurjar won two gold medals in men’s Javelin Throw F-46 and Discus Throw F-46 competitions while Narender Ranbir in men’s Javelin Throw F-44 with an effort of 47.75m.
- The Cabinet Committee on March 22,2 017 approved the MoU signed with which country in the field of cyber security?
B.United States of America
D.United Arab Emirates
Answer – B.United States of America
The cabinet has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-ln) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the US Homeland Security Department on cooperation in the field of Cyber Security. The MOU was signed between the two sides on January 11, 2017 in New Delhi and aims to promote closer co-operation and exchange of information regarding Cyber
- Which among the given telecommunication company has signed an agreement to acquire Internet service provider Tikona Digital Networks on March 23, 2017?
Answer – A.Bharti Airtel
New Delhi based global telecommunications services company Bharti Airtel has signed an agreement with Mumbai based Internet service provider Tikona Digital Networks to acquire its 4G business in 5 circles on March 23, 2017. The amount of the deal is approximately Rs 1,600 crore but the amount of acquisition is not disclosed and now it is moved for regulatory approvals.
- How much amount has been approved by the government for the development of 403 kms of National Highways in Meghalaya and Mizoram during a cabinet meeting on March 22, 2013?
A.Rs 6,721 crore
B.Rs. 5,999 crore
C.Rs. 6,500 crore
D.Rs. 7,120 crore
Answer – A.Rs 6,721 crore
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for development of 403 kms of National Highways in Meghalaya and Mizoram. The estimated cost of the project is Rs 6,721 crore including cost of land acquisition, resettlement and other pre-construction activities. The civil works are expected to be completed by 2021 and maintenance works are expected to be completed by 2025.
- The Night Parrot, a mysterious species has been recently discovered in which country by the bird watchers?
Answer – B.Australia
A group of four birdwatchers have sighted Australia’s most mysterious species, The Night Parrot, in Western Australia (WA) which was believed to be extinct. The discovery was made by Adrian Boyle, Nigel Jackett, George Swann and Bruce Greatwich from Broome, in WA who dedicated 7 years of their life in locating the bird. It is the first verified sighting of the bird in WA for almost 100 years. The Night Parrot was green and yellow with black barred feathers
- Name the Indian journalist who has been conferred with the inaugural Kuldip Nayar Journalism Award on March 19, 2017?
Answer – B.Ravish Kumar
Ravish Kumar, the senior executive editor of NDTV India, was awarded the inaugural Kuldip Nayar Journalism Award at New Delhi’s India International Centre on March 19, 2017 in recognition of his outstanding contribution in the world of Journalism. In the event organised by the Gandhi Peace Foundation, Ravish was presented the prestigious award by veteran journalist Kuldip Nayar after whom the award has been named. He was conferred with an award plaque along with a cash amount of Rs 1 lakh.
- What is the new deadline set by the government under the amended Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009 for the teachers to acquire the minimum qualifications?
A.March 31, 2020
B.March 31, 2018
C.March 31, 2019
D.March 31, 2021
Answer – C.March 31, 2019
The government also gave its approval to amend the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009 on March 22, 2017. The amendment is to ensure that all teachers, in service as on March 31, 2015, acquire the minimum qualifications prescribed by the academic authority to extend the period for such training for four years up to 31st March, 2019.