AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 29 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated the underground connecting tunnel between _____ and JNPA Trauma Centre, and Power Grid Vishram Sadan at AIIMS to the nation?
1.AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences)
2.Manipal Group of Hospitals
3.Delhi Government Hospital
4.Primary Health Centre, Delhi
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences)
An underground connecting tunnel between AIIMS and JNPA Trauma Centre will reduce the commute time between the two centers to 1 km. It has a cost of Rs 44 crores. An 11 floor facility Powergrid Vishram Sadan has been constructed at a cost of Rs 32.67 crores and funded by the Power Grid Corporation and has a 300 bedded night shelter facility meant for the patients and their relatives visiting AIIMS main hospital and JPNA Trauma centre at AIIMS. A new emergency Block at Safdarjung Hospital will house 64 triage beds, red zone for children and adults and 90 ICU beds for victims of road traffic accidents, acute trauma suffered by individuals at home or work, acute poisoning and severe medical and surgical emergencies has been developed at a cost of Rs 346 crores.
- On June 29, 2018, where was the Renewable Energy Dialogue-2018 held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.New Delhi
On June 29, 2018, Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, addressed the Renewable Energy Dialogue in New Delhi. He announced that India is running one of the largest and most ambitious renewable energy capacity expansion programmes in the world. The Dialogue brought together several national and international stakeholders from the renewable energy community to deliberate on the drivers and challenges facing the sector. Independent studies on scaling up rooftop solar panels, clean energy investment trends, addressing renewable energy curtailment, and risks in renewable energy markets in emerging economies were released at the Dialogue.
- On June 29, 2018, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu launched a mobile application called _____ which helps to track and trace missing and abandoned children in India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.ReUnite
The app is multiuser where parents and citizens can upload pictures of children and provide detailed description like name, birth mark, address, report to the police station, search and identify missing kids. The photographs will not be saved in the mobile phone’s physical memory. AmazonRekognition, web facialrecognition service, is being used to identify missing kids. The app is available for both Android and iOS.
- On June 29, 2018, The Union Minister for Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Mines Shri Narendra Singh Tomar has inaugurated the National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) in all sub-registrar offices in Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Punjab. How many sub-registrar offices in Punjab have adopted NGDRS?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.173
The NGDRS system has been piloted in 3 States (Punjab, Rajasthan, Maharashtra). 6 more states and UTs (Goa, A&N Islands, Bihar, Jharkhand, Manipur, Mizoram) are moving towards this system. Moreover, 5 states (HP, AP, MP, Kerala, Uttarakhand) have shown interest to adopt this common software (NIC has given them guidance and technical demos). The Department is presently focusing on implementation of NGDRS in these 14 States. Out of total 5083 sub-registrar offices in the Country, 4509 have been computerized and 2769 have been connected with tehsils.
- On 27th June 2018, which state government said that the health assurance cover for all-women families per year will be increased from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 7 lakh under the Biju Swasthya Kalyana Yojana (BSKY)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Odisha
The announcement was made at a meeting on ‘Ama Gaon Ama Bikash’ programme in Bhubaneswar. On 12th June 2018, Naveen Patnaik announced the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana. It assures healthcare facilities for Rs 5 lakh for nearly 70 lakh families in Odisha. The Director of National Health Mission (NHM) Salini Pandit said that all if a family uses Rs 5 lakh and then a female member beocmes ill, the woman will get additional coverage of Rs 2 lakh. Also, an all women family can avail Rs 7 lakh coverage. Ama Gaon Ama Bikas is a direct fund disbursement programme for development activities.
- On 29th June 2018, which state was awarded for reducing maternal mortality under Prime Minister’s Safe Motherhood Campaign?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Madhya Pradesh
Union Health and Family Welfare Minister, Jagat Prakash Nadda has invited Minister of Public Health and Family Welfare of Madhya Pradesh Rustam Singh for the award function that will be held on 29th June 2018. The Prime Minister’s Safe Motherhood Campaign was launched to ensure quality of care of more than 3 crore pregnant women in India before delivery. A 48-digit decline in maternal deaths in Madhya Pradesh has been registered by the office of the Registrar General of India 2014 to 2016. The maternal mortality rate was 221 in 2011-13. Now it has reduced to 173. A decline of 22% in the last 3 years has been witnessed in Madhya Pradesh.
- Minister of State for Labour and Employment Nayab Singh Saini said that, the Haryana government will launch 5 more concessional canteens in Haryana to offer food to labourers for _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 10
The concessional canteens will be opened in Panchkula, Ambala, Panipat, Karnal and Bhiwani. At present, concessional canteens are present in Sonipat, Gurgaon, Yamunanagar, Faridabad and Hisar districts. Nayab Singh Saini said that, a special campaign to register building and construction labour will be conducted from 2nd July to 31st July in Haryana. The registered workers can avail various labour schemes of the government. Nayab Singh Saini said that, the cooperation of the public works, irrigation, mandi board and other government departments is also required for the registration of labourers.
- On June 29, 2018, The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) launched a placement portal for graduates of the affiliated colleges under it to help the students get proper placement offers. It was launched by West Bengal Education Minister ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Partha Chatterjee
It was launched by West Bengal Education Minister Partha Chatterjee. It contains information about students of 196 affiliated colleges under the university – MAKAUT. The portal will also enable companies to post placement or internship opportunities. The resume of the students will be extensively visible to potential employers. The portal will be a database of all students from MAKAUT colleges along with their academic and experience backgrounds.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development would collaborate with ____ for further improving its nutrition monitoring app, Integrated Child Development Services-Common Application Software (ICDS-CAS)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.NASSCOM
On June 29, 2018, The Ministry of Women and Child Development would collaborate with the NASSCOM for further improving its nutrition monitoring app, Integrated Child Development Services-Common Application Software (ICDS-CAS). The NASSCOM will also sign an MoU with the ministry in further improving the app. There is a need for collaboration of IT industry in contributing towards redeveloping the app and giving their expert opinion in improving it for the success of POSHAN abhiyan.
- On June 29, 2018, The US State Department categorised which country as one of the “worst human trafficking nation” for the 16th straight year, citing the use of forced labour in its ‘2018 Trafficking in Persons Report’?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.North Korea
North Korea has been included in the Tier 3 category, which is the lowest ranking, along with China, Russia and Iran. North Korean government continues to use forced labour in prison camps and labour training centres. It uses proceeds from state-sponsored forced labour to fund government functions as well as other illicit activity. It does not fully meet the minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking and is not making significant efforts to do so.
- On June 29, 2018, According to PwC’s Global Top 100 ranking the total market capitalisation of the top 100 global companies has increased by 15 per cent to USD 20 trillion. Which country retained the leading position with 54 companies in the list?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.United States
The Top 10 of the list are as follows:
Company Amount Increased Country Amazon 278 mn US Tencent 224 mn China Alibaba 201mn China Microsoft USA Alphabet USA Apple USA Ping An Insurance 90 mn ICBC 89 mn Boeing 85 mn Berkshire Hathaway 81 mn
- On 28th June 2018, which Indian company said that, it has signed an agreement with NANO Co Ltd, a South Korean firm, for design and manufacture of emission controlling devices for coal-based power plants?
1.BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)
2.Reliance Industries Limited
3.GAIL (Gas Authority of India Limited)
4.ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)
The Technology Collaboration Agreement (TCA) with NANO Co is for design and manufacture of SCR Catalysts for De-NOx application in coal-fired plants. This agreement will help BHEL to improve its services for emission control systems (De-NOx applications). NANO Co is a manufacturer of SCR Catalysts and related raw materials. It supplies Catalysts to several countries like Germany, France, Italy, China and Taiwan.
- On June 29, 2018, State-owned Power Finance Corporation has provided additional financial aid of ____ to Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam (RRVUNL) to meet new emission norm?
1.Rs 2,626 crore
2.Rs 3,567 crore
3.Rs 5,556 crore
4.Rs 1,234 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 2,626 crore
On June 29, 2018, State-owned Power Finance Corporation has provided additional financial aid of Rs 2,626 crore to Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam (RRVUNL) to meet new emission norm. The financial aid is to support their efforts to comply with the new emission norms of Ministry of Environment and Forest. It is mainly for installation of Flue Gas Desulphurisation Plant (FGD) & Selective Catalytic Reactor (SCR) as part of environmental up-gradation works at ongoing super-critical thermal power projects at Suratgarh and Chhabra having a capacity of 2×660 MW each. With this the cumulative sanction of PFC for above two projects amounts to Rs 10,218 crore.
- On June 29, 2018, The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) announced that which country has won Global Restructuring Review’s “most improved jurisdiction” award?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.India
On June 29, 2018, The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) announced that India has won Global Restructuring Review’s “most improved jurisdiction” award. This award is to honour the jurisdiction which improved its restructuring and insolvency regime the most over the last year. In 2017, India lost the title to Singapore.
- Who has become the first Assamese to scale Mount Kanchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Monti Rajkhowa
Monti Rajkhowa is an executive engineer of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) based in Mumbai. She has also become the first female ONGC officer to scale Mt. Kanchenjunga. She was born and brought up in Meghalaya. Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan flagged off the ONGC Kanchenjunga expedition in April 2018. This expedition was a unique employee engagement initiative to encourage team spirit and experience adventure among the employees of ONGC.
- On 29th June 2018, ICICI Bank said that, it has appointed ____ as the company’s non-executive chairman?
1.Raja Mouli Muralidaran
2.Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
G C Chaturvedi is a former petroleum secretary. Incumbent non-executive chairman M K Sharma’s term ends on 30th June 2018. G C Chaturvedi’s appointment is effective from 1st July 2018 for a period of 3 years. His appointment is subject to the approval of shareholders.
- On 28th June 2018, ICICI Bank said that, it has appointed _____ as statutory auditors of the bank?
1.Walker Chandiok & Co
2.B S R & Co LLP
3.Roy & Bhalla LLP
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Walker Chandiok & Co
B S R & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants, the statutory auditors of ICICI bank for the last 4 consecutive years will retire at the conclusion of the 24th Annual General Meeting on completion of maximum period of 4 consecutive years as per RBI guidelines. ICICI board approved the appointment of Walker Chandiok & Co LLP as statutory auditors for the year ending 31 March 2019, at a board meeting held on 27th June 2018. Walker Chandiok & Co LLP will hold office from the conclusion of the 24th annual general meeting to the conclusion of the 25th annual general meeting. This appointment has been approved by RBI. It is subject to the approval of shareholders.
- Who has been appointed the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Costa Rica?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ravi Thapar
Ravi Thapar is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of the 1983 batch. At present, he is the Ambassador of India to Panama. He has been concurrently appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Costa Rica. He will take up the new assignment soon.
- On 28th June 2018, a World Bank report named ‘South Asia’s Hotspots: The Impact of Temperature and Precipitation Changes on Living Standards’ said that, Climate change might cost India ____ % of GDP?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.2.8 %
The report also said that, the climate change can depress living standards of around half of India’s population by 2050. Average annual temperatures are expected to increase by 1-2 % over three decades. If no measures are taken, average temperatures in India would increase by 1.5-3 degrees. Even if preventive measures are taken in line with recommendations of Paris climate change agreement of 2015, India’s average annual temperatures would increase by 1-2 degrees celsius by 2050.
- When was International Day of the Tropics celebrated all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.June 29
On 29th June 2014, Aung San Suu Kyi launched the first State of the Tropics Report. International Day of the Tropics marks the anniversary of the report’s launch. In 2016, the United Nations General Assembly declared 29 June as the International Day of the Tropics. The International Day of the Tropics is observed to create awareness on specific challenges faced by tropical areas and to highlight the important role that the countries in the tropics will play in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- From 25th to 29th June 2018, DISHA Week is celebrated to mark completion of how many years of the District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.2
On 28th June 2018, Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar discussed on the DISHA initiative with some MPs and senior officials in New Delhi. Awards of appreciation were given for remarkable work in regular organisation of DISHA meetings to Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Mizoram and Uttarakhand. State-level guidelines and District committees guidelines were released. District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DDCMC) was named as Disha. The main purpose of this committee is to coordinate with Central and State Governments and local Panchayat to successfully implement the Central schemes such as infrastructure development or Social and human resource development.
- When was the 12th Statistics Day celebrated in India commemorating the 125th Birth Anniversary of Prof. P. C. Mahalanobis?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.June 29
The chief Guest of the event Was: Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India . Other dignitaries who participated in the event include Shri D. V. Sadananda Gowda, Union Minister for Statistics & Programme Implementation, Prof. Bratya Basu, Minister of Information Technology and Electronics, Government of West Bengal, Dr. Vijay Kelkar, President, ISI and Prof. Goverdhan Mehta, Chairman, ISI Council.
- What was the theme for 12th Statistics Day celebrated in India?
1.Quality Assurance in Official Statistics
3.Taking Official Statistics to the Next level
4.Impact of technologies in Statistics
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Quality Assurance in Official Statistics
The theme selected for the Statistics Day this year is ‘‘Quality Assurance in Official Statistics’. The theme has been chosen to underscore the importance of compliance with essential parameters of quality in statistical systems and products.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the headquarters of Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) located?Kolkata
- What is the tag line of Oriental Bank of Commerce?Where every individual is committed
- Which state houses the Sheshnag Lake?Jammu and Kashmir
- Where is Khajuraho Temples located?Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Name the President of Costa Rica?Carlos Alvarado