AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 20 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- ’World Refugee Day’ is observed on which date every year?
5.23rd JuneAnswer – 2.20th June
World Refugee Day, observed on June 20 each year, is dedicated to raising awareness of the situation of refugees throughout the world. On December 4, 2000, the United Nations General Assembly in Resolution 55/76 decided that, from 2001, 20 June would be celebrated as World Refugee Day.
- On June 19, 2017, which State Government announced free education for girls in government schools and colleges from Nursery to PhD?
5.BiharAnswer – 2.Punjab
On June 19, 2017, Punjab Government announced free education for girls in government schools and colleges from Nursery to PhD. This initiative was one of the key electoral promises made by Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh.
- BRICS Foreign Ministers Meeting was held on 18th and 19th June 2017 in:
3.Durban, South Africa
4.New Delhi, India
5.Rio de Janeiro, BrazilAnswer – 1.Beijing, China
Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh attended a Meeting of Foreign Ministers of BRICS countries in Beijing, China on 18th and 19th June, 2017. The meeting was chaired by Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi. Besides V K Singh, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, South African Foreign Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane, Brazilian Foreign Minister Aloysio Nunes also attended the meeting.
- India had signed a historical agreement to promote Cooperation in the Field of Archives with which European country?
5.UKAnswer – 4.Portugal
On May 17, 2017, a Protocol of Cooperation was signed between the National Archives of India and the Minister of Culture of the Portuguese Republic in the field of archives in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Which international financial institution has signed an agreement with Indian Government to provide a $275 million loan to upgrade piped water supply and municipal services in 64 small towns in Madhya Pradesh?
1.Asian Development Bank
2.International Monetary Fund
4.New Development Bank
5.Asian Infrastructure Investment BankAnswer – 1.Asian Development Bank
The project will develop sustainable, inclusive, and climate-resilient water supply in 64 small and medium-sized towns, and integrated storm water and sewerage infrastructure in two heritage towns of Khajuraho and Rajnagar.
- Hike Messenger launched the new version of the app with a completely new interface and the addition of a mobile wallet, in partnership with which private sector bank?
5.Kotak Mahindra BankAnswer – 4.Yes Bank
With Unified Payments Interface support enabled in Hike 5.0, users can now do free and instant bank-to-bank transfers with their friends. The app now also allows users to recharge their phones and pay their postpaid bill right from inside Hike.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has notified Rule 10CB of Section 92CE under the ___________, operationalising provisions of secondary adjustment.
1.Income Tax Act, 1931
2.Income Tax Act, 1941
3.Income Tax Act, 1951
4.Income Tax Act, 1961
5.Income Tax Act, 1971Answer – 4.Income Tax Act, 1961
Rule 10CB prescribes the time limit for repatriation of excess money and the rate of interest to be applied for computing the income in case of failure to repatriate the excess money within the prescribed time limit.
- Which airline has announced plans to purchase 50 Q400 turboprop aircraft worth $1.7 billion from Bombardier, a day after signing a pact for buying 40 Boeing 737 MAX planes?
5.VistaraAnswer – 1.Spicejet
SpiceJet, which has drawn up ambitious expansion plans, has signed a letter of intent with Bombardier Commercial Aircraft to buy up to 50 Q400 turboprop aircraft. The letter of intent is for 25 Q400 turboprops and purchase rights for an additional 25 aircraft. These are 86- seater planes.
- On June 19, 2017, Ministry of Rural Development conducted an award function in New Delhi, during which it gave away _____ awards to states and different organisations under different categories.
5.174 awardsAnswer – 2.144 awards
The function showcased achievements under different programmes implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development. The awards were given in presence of Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar and Minister of State for Rural Development, Ram Kripal Yadav.
- On June 19, 2017, which State Government announced total waiver of entire crop loans for small and marginal farmers?
5.Andhra PradeshAnswer – 3.Punjab
The loan waiver has been announced for up to Rs 2 lakh for small and marginal farmers (up to 5 acres) and a flat Rs 2 lakh relief for all other marginal farmers, irrespective of their loan amount.
- Who among the following has been awarded the MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) for her work and service to the underprivileged?
5.Nikita PatelAnswer – 4.Annabel mehta
Sachin Tendulkar’s mother-in-law and social activist Annabel Mehta, a British national, has been awarded the MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) for her work and service to the underprivileged. The award will be presented to her at Buckingham Palace in London later this year.
- Orwell Prize is related to which field?
1.Writing and Reporting
2.Excellence in Sports
4.Outstanding contribution to Environment Conservation
5.Outstanding contribution to Social ServiceAnswer – 1.Writing and Reporting
In the UK, John Bew has won the Orwell Prize for Books for Citizen Clem (Quercus), a biography of former UK Prime Minister Clement Attlee. ‘Citizen Clem’ is both a magnificent renewal of the art of political biography and a monument to the greatest leader the Labour party.
- Ram Nath Kovind has resigned from the post of ______ following his nomination as the National Democratic Alliance’s presidential candidate.
1.West Bengal Governor
3.Tamil Nadu Governor
5.Assam GovernorAnswer – 2.Bihar Governor
President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted the resignation of Ram Nath Kovind. West Bengal Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi will discharge the functions of the Governor of Bihar, in addition to his own duties.
- 19-year-old Muzoon Almellehan, has been appointed as the newest and youngest Goodwill Ambassador of:
5.United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)Answer – 3.UNICEF
In a historic first, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has appointed 19-year-old Muzoon Almellehan, who has been advocating for girls’ education since fleeing war-torn Syria in 2013, as its newest – and youngest – Goodwill Ambassador.
- Which company has announced the launch of a Floating Dock (FDN-2)designed and built for the Indian Navy?
2.Reliance Defence and Engineering
3.Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers
4.Larsen & Toubro
5.Mazagon Dock LimitedAnswer – 4.Larsen & Toubro
On June 20, 2017, Larsen & Toubro (L&T) announced the launch of a Floating Dock (FDN-2) designed and built for the Indian Navy at the company’s shipyard at Kattupalli, near Chennai. L&T was mandated by the Ministry of Defence in May 2015 to design and build the FDN- 2 for an order value of Rs. 468 Crore.
- NASA’s Kepler space telescope has spotted 219 new potential planets. Kepler space telescope was launched in which year?
5.2013Answer – 3.2009
NASA’s Kepler space telescope has spotted 219 new potential planets, of which at least 10 are near-Earth size with conditions suitable to host life. This brings the total number of planet candidates identified by Kepler to 4,034, of which 2,335 have been verified as exoplanets.
- Which professional wrestler has retained World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Championship?
5.Sami ZaynAnswer – 2.Jinder Mahal
Professional wrestler Jinder Mahal retained World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Championship at St Louis, Missouri, US on June 18, 2017. Jinder won WWE championship by beating Randy Orton.
- Indian Wushu team won how many medals in the Wushu competition of the BRICS Games, which concluded on June 19, 2017, in Guangzhou, China?
5.8 medalsAnswer – 3.6 medals
On June 18, 2017, the first day of competition, Gyandas won gold medal in Taijiquan/Taijijian, M. Bidheswari Devi won silver and L. Sanatgombhi Chanu won bronze in Taijiquan/Taijijian event. On June 18, 2017, the second and final day, Anjul Namdev clinched the gold medal in Changquan overall event, Ng. Toshibala won silver in Women’s Changquan event, and Sajan Lama settled for bronze medal in Nanquan allround Event.
- P K Kaw who passed away on June 18, 2017, was a renowned:
5.PainterAnswer – 1.Physicist
Professor P K Kaw, a globally-acclaimed plasma physicist who spearheaded India’s efforts to produce energy through thermonuclear fusion, passed away on June 18, 2017. He was 69.
- On June 19, 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee received the first copy of book ‘Garuda Purana’. This book has been published by:
1.All India Siddhraj Trust
2.All India Vanraj Trust
3.All India Kashiraj Trust
4.All India Gokulraj Trust
5.All India Shantiraj TrustAnswer – 3.All India Kashiraj Trust
President Pranab Mukerjee appreciated the efforts made by Dr. Anant Narain Singh and All India Kashiraj Trust (which was inaugurated by the first President, Dr. Rajendra Prasad) to preserve and propagate our ancient texts.
- Who among the following has been re-nominated by India as its candidate for another nine year term as judge of the International Court of Justice (ICJ), the principal judicial organ of the UN?
1.Justice Dalveer Bhandari
2.Justice Pranav Mathur
3.Justice Aslam Sheikh
4.Justice Jinesh Thakur
5.Justice Kartik IyerAnswer – 1.Justice Dalveer Bhandari
Bhandari, 69, was elected in April 2012 during simultaneous balloting in both the General Assembly and the Security Council to a seat on the International Court of Justice, which is also known as the World Court and is based in The Hague in the Netherlands. His current term runs through February 2018.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.