AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 13 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs June 13 2018
- On June 13, 2018, the government has increased the carpet area of houses to be covered under CLSS for interest subsidy for the middle income group under PradhanMantri Awas Yojana (Urban). Expand CLSS?
1.Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme
2.Credit Linked Subsidy System
3.Credit Loan Subsidy Scheme
4.Credit Loan Subsidiary Scheme
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme
For MIG -I the carpet area has been increased to 160 sqmetres or 1722 sqft from 120 sq m. For MIG II, the carpet area has been increased to 200 sqmetre or 2153 sqft from 150 sq m. This would boost the construction sector and enhance economic activity for the increased area coverage. Individuals with annual income of Rs.6 to 12 lakhs would qualify for MIG-I category.
- On 13th June 2018, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment _____ chaired the “3rdMeeting of National Council of Senior Citizens (NCSrC)” conducted by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in New Delhi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Thaawarchand Gehlot
The NCSrC advises Central and State Governments on issues related to welfare of senior citizens and improvement of their quality of life. The NCSrC meets at least two times a year. Its first meeting was held on 30th August 2016. The second meeting was held on 19th June 2017. Thaawarchand Gehlot said that the recently launched “Rashtriya Vayoshree Yojana” offers Physical Aids and Assisted Living Devices to Senior citizens in the BPL category. 290 districts have been identified for 2017-18 and 2018-19, out of which assessment has been done in 49 districts and camps held in 29 districts so far. 34069 senior citizens belonging to BPL families have benefitted.
- The Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) has developed a mobile based application called _____ for cashless train ticketing?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.utsonmobile
The Utsonmobile application enables booking and cancellation of unreserved tickets, issue and renewal of season and platform tickets, check and load R-wallet balance and lets to maintain user profile management and booking history. It is very handy, free and available for Android and Windows smart phone. It can be downloaded from Google Play Store or Windows for free. The passenger has to register using his/her mobile number, name, city, default booking train type, class, ticket type, number of passenger and frequently travelling routes.
- Grants-in-aid worth ____ has been sanctioned for Bock level sports in Jammu and Kashmir under the ‘Khelo India’ Scheme by the Union Sports Ministry?
1.Rs. 14.30 crore
2.Rs. 45.12 crore
3.Rs. 19.46 crore
4.Rs. 10.45 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs. 14.30 crore
Funds of Rs. 10 lakh per Block will be spent under the scheme in all the 143 Blocks of 22 Districts of Jammu & Kashmir. The Central grant of Rs. 14.30 crore will be utilized to offer soft support like coaches, equipments, consumables, technical support, organizing competitions including boarding and lodging facilities and travelling expenses for the participants etc. Sports competitions will be conducted based on popularity of the games in a particular district.
- On 13th June 2018, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) conducted a table-top exercise at the State Emergency Operation Centre (SEOC) in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Lucknow
This exercise was conducted in the run-up to a State-level mock exercise on flood preparedness that will be conducted in 23 flood-prone districts of Uttar Pradesh on 14th June 2018. The exercise is held in collaboration with State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA). All districts have confirmed that their Disaster Management Plans (DMPs) had been updated, Response Teams identified and other preparations for the exercise had been done. The table-top exercise was performed based on scenarios created in collaboration with State Department based on flood mapping and similar hazards.
- On June 13,2018, the _____ State Literacy Mission Authority has announced the launch of a ‘Water Literacy’ campaign to create awareness about the importance and optimal use of the resource and conservation in the state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Kerala
The campaign would involve 70000 students for creating the awareness. Every student will take classes about water conservation for 15 families in their locality. 10 lakh people will be benefited from the campaign scheduled to be held from June 20 to September 20. State Education Minister Prof C Raveendranath released a special course book containing 16 chapters for the purpose.
- On June 13, 2018, Union Minister of Steel Chaudhary Birender Singh said that in 2017-18, India produced more than 100 million tonnes of steel and has secured ____ rank among the largest steel producing countries?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.second
On June 13, 2018, Union Minister of Steel Chaudhary Birender Singh on his interaction with MDs/CEOs of major steel producing units located in the State of Odisha stated that in 2017-18, India produced more than 100 million tonnes of steel. India has become the second largest steel producing country. Odisha is rich in minerals and mines and has a potential to produce 100 million tonnes of steel out of 300 million tonnes envisaged in National Steel Policy by the year 2030-31.
- On June 13, 2018, which body launched the ‘Composite Water Management Index’ to fulfill cooperative and competitive federalism among states and Union Territories of India?
1.United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
3.World Health Organization (WHO)
4.Department of Science and Technology
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.NITI Aayog
To assess and improve the performance in efficient management of water resources. The index would provide useful information for the States and also for the concerned Central Ministries/Departments enabling them to formulate and implement suitable strategies for better management of water resources. ShriNitinGadkari, Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation (WR,RD&GR) shall be releasing the Index. To fulfill the objective of ‘Sab kaSaath, Sab kaVikas’.
- On June 13, 2018, The government approved the ____ Mission of the Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) which will be launched by the President, Ram Nath Kovind on June 27, 2018 in New Delhi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Solar Chakra
The Mission will cover 50 clusters and every cluster will employ 400 to 2000 artisans. It will provide subsidy of Rs. 550 crore to the artisans. 15 new state-of-the-art technology centers are being set up all over the country including North-East, of which 10 centers will become operational by March 2019. Each center is being built at a cost of around Rs. 150 crore.
- On June 13, 2018, where did Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda inaugurated the 10th meeting of Global Alliance to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis (GAELF)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
ShriNadda also gave away the GAELF awards to 11 countries- Cambodia, Cook Islands, Egypt, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Niue, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Togo, Tonga and Vanuatu, for successfully interrupting the transmission. Healso released the Accelerated Plan for Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) 2018 for India. 100 districts out of total 256 endemic districts have achieved elimination target and stopped Mass Drug Administration after successful validation by Transmission Assessment Survey (TAS) and are under post MDA surveillance.
- At the 5th Joint Inter-Governmental Kazakh-Indian Working group meeting held in Astana, India and Kazakhstan signed an agreement to develop bilateral relations in cooperating in which field?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.military-industrial
This decision was taken during the 5th Joint Inter-Governmental Kazakh-Indian Working group meeting held in Astana. The agreement was between The Vice-Minister of Defense and Aerospace Industry ShaymergenovTimur and Joint Secretary (Planning and International Cooperation), Ministry of Defence, ShambhuKumaran. This would boost interaction in the field of cyber security and peace making.
- On June 11,2018, Organised by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research)-NIO and US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) the ____ edition of India-US colloquium was inaugurated?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.second
It is an event that aims to focus on the emerging earth sciences issues . Consists of 200 delegates from India and US . India today announced that it would share data obtained by its ocean buoys, positioned outside the country’s exclusive economic zone (EEZ), with others nations without any restrictions. This would help forecast monsoon as well as provide cyclone warnings.
- On June 13,2018, Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) under the US government gives _____ to Grameen Impact Investments through IndusInd Bank to support domestic small and medium enterprises
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs.33.5 crore
This loan comes via IndusInd Bank through an agreement. Grameen Impact is supported by Gramin Capital India including many leading impact investors like Acumen. India has rapidly become a global leader in impact investing, with over USD 5 billion of investments in this space.
- On June 13, 2018, which stock exchange launched a ‘Tri-party Repo Market Platform’ for repurchase of corporate debt security?
1.Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
2.National Stock Exchange (NSE)
3.India International Exchange (India INX)
4.Calcutta Stock Exchange Ltd
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.National Stock Exchange (NSE)
It is a repo contract where a third entity, apart from the borrower and lender, called tri-party agent acts as an intermediary to facilitate services like collateral selection, payment and settlement, custody and management during the life of the transaction. It provides opportunity to borrow against the securities and provides short-term liquidity to participants. This would increase demand for corporate bonds and may provide a boost to much needed liquidity in the corporate bond market.
- On June 13, 2018, Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has set up a panel to make listings of startups attractive. SEBI board approved doubling the investment limit by angel funds in venture capital undertakings to _____ drive the startups?
1.Rs 20 crore
2.Rs 10 crore
3.Rs 30 crore
4.Rs 50 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs 10 crore
The ITP has facilitated listing of new age companies in sectors like e-commerce, data analytics, bio-technology and other startups. Members of the group include representatives from the Indian Software Product Industry Round Table (iSPIRT), The Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE), the Indian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (IVCA), law firms, merchant bankers, and stock exchanges. SEBI board approved doubling the investment limit by angel funds in venture capital undertakings to Rs 10 crore to drive the startups.
- On 12th June 2018, United States government approved a deal to sell the Indian military six AH-64E Apache attack helicopters for how much amount?
1.930 million dollars
2.540 million dollars
3.360 million dollars
4.720 million dollars
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.930 million dollars
The agreement has been passed to the US Congress for approval. If no US lawmaker makes an objection the contract will be proceeded. Boeing and Indian partner Tata have started production of Apache fuselages at a plant in India. But this approval involves a direct sale of finished products from the US manufacturers. The contract also includes night vision sensors, GPS guidance and hundreds of Hellfire anti-armour and Stinger air-to-air missiles.
- On 12th June 2018, who was awarded the Polly Umrigar Award for the best international cricketer at the BCCI Annual Awards in Bengaluru?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli was awarded for his outstanding performance in the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons. Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana were awarded their first BCCI awards for the best international cricketer (women) for the 2016-17 and 2017-18 season, respectively. Former England captain Kevin Pietersen delivered the 6th MAK Pataudi Memorial Lecture at the BCCI award. He has become the first non-Indian cricketer to deliver the opening speech of the award ceremony.
- On 12th June 2018, shareholders of Yes Bank approved the reappointment of _____ as MD & CEO of Yes bank for a further period of 3 years with effect from 1st September 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rana Kapoor
Rana Kapoor’s reappointment is subject to final approval by the RBI. The following appointments were also made in the meeting: Subhash Chander Kalia as non-executive non-independent director and Rentala Chandrashekhar and Pratima Sheory as independent directors for a period of 5 years. Also a proposal to borrow or raise funds up to Rs 30,000 crore in Indian or foreign currency was approved. A special resolution was passed in this regard, increasing the total borrowing limit of the bank to Rs 1.1 lakh crore. The meeting was chaired by Ashok Chawla, non-executive chairman of the bank. It was attended by all nine directors on board.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has cleared the appointment of which person as the coal secretary?
1.Inder Jit Singh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Inder Jit Singh
Inder Jit Singh is an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the 1985 batch of Kerala cadre. He was the additional secretary, coordination in the cabinet secretariat. On 1st May 2018, the additional charge of coal secretary was given to mines secretary Anil Mukim after Susheel Kumar superannuated in April 2018.
- On 12th June 2018, who was appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the independent State of Papua New Guinea?
1.Amar Nath Prasad
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Vijai Kumar
Vijai Kumar (YOA : 2003) is at present the Counsellor, Embassy of India, Stockholm. He has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Independent State of Papua New Guinea. He will take up this new assignment soon.
- On 13th June 2018, name the former financial services secretary who assumed office as the chairman of Arohan Financial Services?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.DK Mittal
Arohan Financial Services is a microfinance company. It is planning to publicly list its shares in 2018. DK Mittal is an Indian Administrative Service officer of 1977 batch of Uttar Pradesh cadre. He will be the independent chairman to Arohan’s board. Arohan Financial Services is a part of the Aavishkaar-Intellecap Group. It is the seventh largest MFI (microfinance institutions) in terms of outstanding loans at the end of 2017.
- On June 13, 2018, FIFA’s congress voted USA, Canada and Mexico to host 2026 Football World Cup. Where will the 2018 edition of Football World Cup be held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Moscow, Russia
Morocco would miss out for the fifth time. North America got 134 votes against 65 votes of Morocco. The 2026 tournament will be the first expanded tournament featuring 48 teams, up from the current 32-team tournament, which begins in Russia on 14th June 2018. Of the 80 games, 10 matches will be held in Canada, 10 in Mexico and 60 in the U.S. with the final played at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, home to the NFL’s New York Giants and New York Jets.
- On 13th June 2018, which Indian long distance runner won gold in men’s 10,000 metre race at the Gouden Spike meeting in Leiden, The Netherlands?
1.Gavit Murali Kumar
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Gavit Murali Kumar
Gavit Murali Kumar is 21 years old. He hails from Gujarat. He recorded a personal best of 28 minutes 43.34 seconds. It was the best by an Indian in the ongoing season. Also, it is the second fastest time by an Indian in the distance race, behind that of long-distance coach Surendra Singh’s national record of 28 minutes 02.89 seconds set at Vigo, Spain in 2008.
- On 12th June 2018, Bhaiyyu Maharaj committed suicide by shooting himself dead at his residence in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. What was his occupation?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Spiritual guru
Bhayyu Maharaj was 50 years old. He was popular among political leaders mainly from Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. His original name was Uday Singh Deshmukh. Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said that Bhaiyyu Maharaj had set up Suryoday Parivar and carried out social welfare schemes in Vidarbha. Bhayyu Maharaj had left behind a suicide note that showed that he was depressed. The Madhya Pradesh government had recently included him in a committee of saints to conserve river Narmada. He was offered a state minister status. But he refused it saying that posts meant nothing for saints.
- What was the theme of International Albinism Awareness Day that was observed all over the world on 13th June 2018?
1.shining our light to the world
2.let’s shed the light on albinism affected kids
3.life of women and girls with albinism
4.fighting albinism with education and awareness
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.shining our light to the world
In 2014, the UN General Assembly declared 13 June as International Albinism Awareness Day with effect from 2015. Albinism is a genetic condition that causes very little or no pigmentation in the skin, hair, and eyes. The International Albinism Awareness Day is observed to preserve the rights of persons with albinism and take efforts to ensure equal access for them to employment, education, justice and good health. The theme for International Albinism Awareness Day 2018 is: “shining our light to the world”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Pench National Park located?Madhya Pradesh
- What is the tag line of Yes Bank?Experience our Expertise
- Name the CEO and headquarters of BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India)?CEO – Rahul Johri; Headquarters – Mumbai
- Where is Bakhshi Stadium located?Srinagar
- Who is the Chairman of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA)?Narendra Modi
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification