AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 1 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 1, 2017, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries,Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated a Mega Food Park at Rayagada district of _________
5.TelanganaAnswer – 2.Odisha
On June 1, 2017, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated first Mega Food Park in the state of Odisha, M/s MITS Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd. at Rayagada district. MITS Mega Food Park has been set up in 50.05 acre of land at the cost of Rs. 80.17crore.
- Balwant Gargi was a renowned:
5.MountaineerAnswer – 1.Playwright
On May 31, 2017, BJP leader and Chandigarh MP Kirron Kher released the stamp on the commemoration of Balwant Gargi centenary by the Panjab University. Gargi was the founder-director of the Indian Theatre Department, Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- To attract more passengers to buy online train tickets, Railways has introduced a service ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ which allow passengers to make payment for tickets booked online within a window of _____days.
5.25 daysAnswer – 3.14 days
The facility is available for confirmed, waitlisted and RAC berths. It allows passenger to travel after 5 days of booking ticket, which means they can pay ticket fare 10 days after travelling.
- Uttar Pradesh State Government has decided to extend the retirement age of doctors from ____to ______ years.
1.58 to 60 years
2.58 to 62 years
3.60 to 65 years
4.60 to 62 years
5.60 to 63 yearsAnswer – 4.60 to 62 years
In a bid to reduce shortage of doctors in the state, UP government has decided to extend their retirement from 60 to 62 years. The move to increase the retirement age will ensure services of around 1,000 doctors during the current financial year.
- On June 1, 2017, which State Government launched its own official digital wallet named ‘T – Wallet’ ?
5.KarnatakaAnswer – 1.Telangana
‘T-Wallet’, the official digital wallet of Telangana State was launched on June 1, 2017 by Telangana IT Minister K.T. Rama Rao. T Wallet is available as an ‘Any Time, Any Where’ digital payment option for everyone. Citizens can use T Wallet to make payments for both Government and Private transactions.
- India has ranked ______ out of 163 countries on Global Peace Index 2017 published by The Institute of Economics and Peace.
5.132ndAnswer – 4.137th
India ranked 137th, which marks an improvement from 141st rank in Global Peace Index 2016. Most of the nations in the GPI became more peaceful over the last year with an average increase in peacefulness of 0.28 per cent.
- As per Government data released on May 31, 2017, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew at what rate in fourth quarter of financial year 2016-17?
5.6.7%Answer – 3.6.1%
As per Government data released on May 31, 2017, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew at 6.1% year-on-year in fourth quarter of financial year 2016-17 i.e. during January 2017 to March 2017. Owing to this lower number; India lost the fastest growing economy tag to Chinese economy, which grew at 6.9% during January 2017 to March 2017.
- Which among the following entity has been recently barred by SEBI to act as an investment advisors and research analyst?
5.Nitinivesh MoneyAnswer – 1.Cypress Money
Markets regulator SEBI has barred Cypress Money Investment Advisor and its three partners from acting as investment advisors and research analyst after finding them guilty of providing unauthorised trading tips to investors.
- India has become world’s ________ largest aviation market with passenger traffic of over 10 crore travelers reported for 2016-17
5.sixthAnswer – 2.third
During an event on the achievements of the Ministry of Civil Aviation on the completion of three years of the NDA government, Minister of State for Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha stated that India is now world’s third largest aviation market with passenger traffic of over 10 crore travelers reported for 2016-17.
- NAAC of India received prestigious International Award of Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN) titled “APQN Quality Award 2017 for International Co-operation in Quality Assurance” on May 26, 2017 in Moscow, Russia. Abbreviation NAAC stands for:
1.National Assessment and Accountability Council
2.National Authority and Accreditation Council
3.National Assessment and Accreditation Council
4.National Authority and Accountability Council
5.National Assessment and Aggregation CouncilAnswer – 3.National Assessment and Accreditation Council
NAAC has been awarded for playing a pro-active role in international quality assurance scenario. APQN Quality Awards are among the most prestigious International Awards in quality assurance of higher education.
- Who among the following has been elected as the President of 72nd session of the UN General Assembly?
5.John CageAnswer – 4.Miroslav Lajcak
On May 31, 2017, Slovak foreign minister Miroslav Lajcak was elected as the President of 72nd session of the UN General Assembly. Lajcak, will succeed Fijian diplomat Peter Thomson. The 72nd session of the United Nations General Assembly will commence from September 12, 2017.
- Who among the following has stepped down as BCCI Administrator?
5.Prashant DeshmukhAnswer – 1.Ramachandra Guha
Historian Ramachandra Guha, appointed by the Supreme Court as one of the four administrators of BCCI, informed the court that he had resigned from the post due to personal reasons.
- Vinay Dube, has been named as the chief executive officer (CEO) of which airlines?
5.IndiGoAnswer – 2.Jet Airways
Jet Airways India Ltd has named Vinay Dube, an aviation veteran with close to three decades of experience, as its chief executive officer (CEO). Dube is currently senior vice president, Asia Pacific with Delta Air Lines Inc., one of the world’s largest and most profitable airlines.
- Who among the following has been appointed as a public policy fellow to a Washington-based think-tank?
5.Jasmine PatelAnswer – 3.Nirupama Rao
Former Indian Ambassador to US, Nirupama Rao has been appointed as a public policy fellow to a Washington-based think-tank where she will work on a project on the Sino-India ties.
- In accordance with the Government of India’s policy to introduce online Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) for Group ‘A’ services, Smt. Rita Teotia, Commerce Secretary launched________ on May 31, 2017
5.PARROT-ITSAnswer – 4.SPARROW-ITS
SPARROW-ITS (Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window) has been launched to enable the Indian Trade Service (ITS) officers to fill their APAR online for the year 2016-17 onwards. The APARs would be generated and transmitted online to the concerned officers for filling up of the self appraisal.
- On June 1, 2017, which country launched a new satellite to improve the global positioning system’s (GPS) accuracy and establish an efficient communication system in the event of natural disasters?
5.SingaporeAnswer – 1.Japan
On June 1, 2017, the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries launched the latest version of the H-IIA rocket with the Michibiki 2 communications satellite on board from the Tanegashima Island space centre in Kagoshima prefecture.
- Which State Govt. has launched a web portal ‘Mahaswayam’ that will cater to job seekers, employers, entrepreneurs, and training institutes who can avail details regarding skill development and employment?
5.AssamAnswer – 2.Maharashtra
Earlier, the state government ran three different portals – Maharashtra State Skill Development Society (MSSDS) portal for Skill Development, ‘Maharojgar’ for employment and ‘Mahaswayamrojgar’ for entrepreneurship. These three have now been merged into ‘Mahaswayam’.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)will launch Solar Probe mission in which year?
5.2022Answer – 1.2018
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) will launch Solar Probe mission in year 2018, which will be humanity’s first mission to Sun. This mission has been renamed as Parker Solar Probe in honor of astrophysicist Eugene Parker.
- What is the title of the new book by ‘Lord of the Rings’ author J.R.R. Tolkien,that has been published, 100 years after it was first conceived?
1.’John and Melinda’
2.’Walter and Lauren’
3.’Thomas and Paula’
4.’Beren and Luthien’
5.’Tom and Lynda’Answer – 4.’Beren and Luthien’
‘Beren and Luthien’ has been described as a “very personal story” that J.R.R. Tolkien thought up after returning from the Battle of the Somme in 1916. It is a story about the fate of lovers Beren and Luthien, a mortal man and an immortal elf who together try to steal from the greatest of all evil beings, Melkor.
- ’Global Day of Parents’ is observed on which date every year?
5.5th JuneAnswer – 1.1st June
The Global Day of Parents is observed on the 1st of June every year. The Day was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in 2012 to honour parents throughout the world. This Day provides an opportunity to appreciate all parents in all parts of the world for their selfless commitment to children and their lifelong sacrifice towards nurturing this relationship.
- What was the theme of ‘World Milk Day 2017’, observed on June 1, 2017?
1.’Milk for health’
2.’Raise a glass for milk’
3.’Encouraging Daily intake of Milk’
4.’Milk for strong bones’
5.’Milk – daily dose of nutrition’Answer – 2.‘Raise a glass for milk’
World Milk Day is a day established by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations to recognize the importance of milk as a global food. It has been observed on June 1 each year since 2001. The day is intended to provide an opportunity to bring attention to activities that are connected with the dairy sector.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.