AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 28 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Cabinet has raised the annual investment limit in Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) from 500 gm to how much quantity per individual?
Answer – 3.4 kg
The investment limit per fiscal year has been increased to 4 kg for individuals, 4 kg for Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) and 20 kg for trusts and similar entities notified by the government from time to time. The ceiling will be counted on financial year basis and will include the SGBs purchased during trading in the secondary market.
- On July 27, 2017, Lok Sabha passed Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2016, a bill to amend the Companies Act, 2013. As per this amendment bill, threshold for the easy compliance scheme has been raised to Rs.______ from Rs 20 crore.
1.Rs 100 crore
2.Rs 200 crore
3.Rs 300 crore
4.Rs 400 crore
5.Rs 500 crore
Answer – 1.Rs 100 crore
On July 27, 2017, Lok Sabha passed Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2016, a bill to amend the Companies Act, 2013, seeking to strengthen corporate governance standards, initiate strict action against defaulting companies and help improve the ease of doing business in India
- As per Indian Institute of Information Technology (Public-Private Partnership) Bill, 2017, how many Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) will be declared as “institutions of national importance”?
Answer – 4.15
On July 28, 2017, Rajya Sabha passed Indian Institute of Information Technology (Public-Private Partnership) Bill, 2017, a bill to declare 15 Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) set up through public-private partnership mode as “institutions of national importance” as well as to set up such institutes through collaboration.
- NITSER (National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research) Amendment Billwas passed in Rajya Sabha on July 26, 2017. The Bill proposes to introduce two new Institutions namely Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) at which locations in the Second Schedule of the NITSER Act, 2007.
1.Tirupati and Nagpur
2.Nagpur and Berhampur
3.Tirupati and Kota
4.Kota and Berhampur
5.Tirupati and Berhampur
Answer – 5.Tirupati and Berhampur
The Bill was passed in the Lok Sabha on 28th March, 2017. Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Minister of State (HRD) in Rajya Sabha informed that the Bill proposes to introduce two new Institutions namely Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati and IISER Berhampur in the Second Schedule of the NITSER Act, 2007.
- On July 27, 2017, which State Government launched its flagship health scheme “Care Companion Programme” (CCP) targeted at improving patient outcomes through better family engagement and education?
Answer – 1.Punjab
Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Punjab, has entered into a MoU, with Noora Health India Trust, a healthcare non-profit organization dedicated to patient and caregiver education that works to improve patient outcomes through better family engagement and education through the award winning Care Companion Program (CCP).
- Which Indian city has ranked 40thout of 50 cities on Women Entrepreneur (WE) Cities Index 2017 that ranks cities in terms of its ability to attract and foster growth of women-owned firms?
Answer – 3.Bengaluru
Besides Bengaluru, the only other Indian city in the top 50 list is Delhi at 49th spot. New York topped the list, followed by Bay Area (US), London (UK), Boston (US) and Stockholm (Sweden).
- Member countries of which multilateral association have signed a landmark document to establish a mechanism for taxation cooperation?
Answer – 4.BRICS
The BRICS Taxation Cooperation Memorandum, signed at the fifth meeting of BRICS Heads of Tax Authorities, is the bloc’s first document that elevates taxation cooperation to the institutional level. The authorities also agreed to cooperate on taxation information exchange, improve consultation procedures efficiency, boost taxation capacities and plan paths for coordination of taxation policies and tax collection
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has informed that Supervisory Colleges have been setup for six Scheduled Commercial Banks which have sizeable international presence. Which among the following banks are among these six banks?
1.ICICI Bank and Axis Bank
2.Bank of Baroda
3.Punjab National Bank
4.State Bank of India and Bank of India
5.All of the above
Answer – 5.All of the above
The objectives of the colleges are to enhance information exchange and cooperation among supervisors, to improve understanding of the risk profile of the banking group and thereby facilitate more effective supervision of internationally active banks.
- On July 28, 2017, Supreme Court of which Asian country disqualified country’s Prime Minister for his involvement in the Panama Papers scandal?
Answer – 3.Pakistan
Pakistan’s Supreme Court has disqualified Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the Panama Papers scandal after an investigative panel concluded that his family’s assets exceeded their income, effectively ousting him from office and barring him from electoral politics for at least five years.
- On July 27, 2017, Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Environment, Forests & Climate Change,Dr. Harshvardhan launched an Integrated Information Dissemination System called _______ on the occasion of Foundation Day of Ministry of Earth Sciences in New Delhi.
Answer – 4.“Sagar Vani”
‘Sagar Vani’ has been launched to disseminate ocean related information and alerts (like high waves and Tsunami early warnings) to the user community (especially fishermen) in timely manner for their safety.
- On July 27, 2017, which country successfully launched asatellite-carrying rocket ‘Simorgh’ into space?
Answer – 1.Iran
“Simorgh” means “phoenix” in Farsi. “Simorgh” rocket is capable of carrying a satellite weighing 250 kilograms (550 pounds). The launch took place at the Imam Khomeini National Space Station in Semnan, 220 kilometers (138 miles) east of Tehran.
- Scientists including one of Indian origin have developed new artificial intelligence (AI) software called ______ that can create three dimensional (3D) models from 2D photographs.
Answer – 2.SurfNet
When fully developed, SurfNet could have significant applications in the fields of 3D searches on the internet. In an advance version it can allow future robots to navigate in the real world.
- NITI Aayog has cleared how many mass rapid transport systems proposed by Transport Ministry which are aimed to improve public transport?
Answer – 3.6
Mass rapid transportation technologies such as hyperloop, metrino and pod taxis could soon be a reality in India after Niti Aayog cleared half-a-dozen proposals of the transport ministry exploring options to improve public transport.
- Who among the following Indian Badminton player has jumped six places to be at 17th position in the latest BWF world rankings?
Answer – 4.HS Prannoy
On account of his US Open Grand Prix Gold title triumph, Indian shuttler HS Prannoy has jumped six places to be at 17th position in the latest BWF world rankings. Parupalli Kashyap, who reached his first final at US Open in more than two years after recovering from multiple injuries, also gained 12 places to be at the 47th spot.
- Inder Kumar, who passed away on July 28, 2017, was:
5.Former Chief Minister of Punjab
Answer – 4.Bollywood Actor
Actor Inder Kumar, best known for his role in films like Khiladiyon KaKhiladi and Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye, died on July 28, 2017. He was 45. Inder Kumar suffered a heart attack at his residence in Andheri, Mumbai.
- What was the theme of ‘World Hepatitis Day’ 2017, observed on July 28, 2017?
1.”Hepatitis & Modern Medicine”
3.”No Hepatitis – 2020″
4.”Towards Hepatitis Free World”
5.”Hepatitis Pre-emptive Care”
Answer – 2.”Eliminate Hepatitis”
World Hepatitis Day is observed on 28th July every year. Viral hepatitis is one of the leading causes of death globally, accounting for 1.34 million deaths per year, that’s as many as HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis or malaria. Together, hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C cause 80% of liver cancer cases in the world.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.