AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 12 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which among the following has been declared as India’s first World Heritage City by UNESCO?
Answer – 3.Ahmedabad
The 5.5 km walled city area in Ahmedabad, Gujarat with an approximate population of four lakh has been declared India’s first World Heritage City by UNESCO. Ahmedabad was in competition with New Delhi and Mumbai for the title.
- On July 12, 2017, Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its ex-post facto approval for signing a Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) between India and which country on cooperation in the field of Health?
This JDI between India and Germany was signed on June 1, 2017. The JDI covers cooperation in areas of Postgraduate education, Training of medical personnel, Pharmaceuticals and pharmacoeconomics and Health economics.
- On July 12, 2017, Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved enhancement of the age of superannuation of Medical Officers of:
1.Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles
4.Indian Air Force
5.Indian Coast Guard
Answer – 1.Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles
Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval for enhancement of the age of superannuation in respect of General Duty Medical Officers of Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles from 60 to 65 years and Specialist Medical Officers of Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles from 60 to 65 years.
- Union Cabinet has approved the creation of three posts of Directors for the three new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in:
1.Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Maharashtra
2.Punjab, Haryana and Maharashtra
3.Jharkhand, West Bengal and Maharashtra
4.Chhattisgarh, West Bengal and Maharashtra
5.Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and Maharashtra
Answer – 5.Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and Maharashtra
Union Cabinet has approved the creation of three posts of Directors for the three new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Mangalagiri near Guntur in Andhra Pradesh, Kalyani in West Bengal and Nagpur in Maharashtra.
- Cabinet approves establishment of the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), South Asia Regional Center (ISARC) at campus of National Seed Research and Training Center (NSRTC) in:
Answer – 2.Varanasi
Under the proposal, a Centre of Excellence in Rice Value Addition (CERVA) will be set up in Varanasi. This will include a modern and sophisticated laboratory with capacity to determine quality and status of heavy metals in grain and straw. The Centre will also undertake capacity building exercises for stakeholders across the rice value chain.
- The government has saved a whopping Rs _______ with its Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme under which subsidies are given directly to beneficiaries.
Answer – 3.57,000 crore
The DBT programme, a major reform initiative to check graft in welfare funds, was launched by the UPA government on January 1, 2013. It was aimed at transferring benefits of various central government-run social welfare schemes to the bank accounts of beneficiaries.
- On July 12, 2017, Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved Joint Interpretative Notes on the Agreement between India and which neighbouring country for Promotion and Protection of Investments?
Answer – 4.Bangladesh
The Joint Interpretative Notes (JIN) on the Agreement between India and Bangladesh would impart clarity to the interpretation of the existing Agreement between India and Bangladesh for the Promotion and Protection of Investments (BIPA). It will also play an important supplementary role in strengthening the investment treaty regime.
- On July 11, 2017, Chief Minister of which state launched the Livelihood Intervention and Facilitation of Entrepreneurship (LIFE) programme?
Answer – 1.Meghalaya
On July 11, 2017, Meghalaya chief minister Mukul Sangma launched the Livelihood Intervention and Facilitation of Entrepreneurship (LIFE) programme in Songsak in the East Garo Hills. Songsak is about 210 km west of the state capital, Shillong.
- On July 12, 2017, Indian Railways launched ______, a virtual server with an inbuilt security system that will enable faster connectivity at a reduced cost.
Answer – 2.RailCloud
Developed by rail PSU RailTel at an estimated cost of about Rs. 53 crore, Railcloud aims at optimising server resources and its management. RailCloud technology enables maximising the usage of available server and storage resulting in accommodation of bigger data and more applications within same server space.
- Which among the following has become the first State in the country to lay down the minimum educational qualifications for contesting elections to village cooperative societies and various other cooperative bodies?
Answer – 3.Rajasthan
After making minimum educational qualification mandatory in panchayat polls, Rajasthan has now enforced the Rajasthan Cooperative Society (Amendment) Act-2016, following which a minimum educational qualification would be compulsory for election of the cooperative committees in the state.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)World Heritage Committeemet for its 41st session from 2nd to 12th July 2017 in:
Answer – 4. Krakow, PolandExplanation :
During the session, the World Heritage Committee, chaired by Jacek Purchla, 21 new sites were inscribed to UNESCO’s World Heritage List. Among these 18 are cultural and three are natural sites.
- Which among the following site in Austria has been put in UNESCO’s list of sites ‘in danger’ due to a nearby high-rise construction project?
2.Historic Center of Vienna
3.Wachau Cultural Landscape
4.Palace and Gardens of Schönbrunn
5.Historic Centre of the City of Salzburg
Answer – 2.Historic Center of Vienna
UNESCO World Heritage Committee said the project for the Vienna Ice-Skating Club Intercontinental Hotel is is against the body’s earlier decisions that put a limit on the height of new constructions in the oldest part of the Austrian capital. It said the project will have a negative effect on the outstanding universal value of the site that dates to Celtic times and is on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
- On July 12, 2017, Union Cabinet was apprised of MoU between India and ______________ on cooperation in the field of Information Technology and Electronics (IT&E)
Answer – 1.Palestine
This MoU intends to promote closer co-operation between India and Palestine in the areas of e-Governance, m-Governance, e-Public Services Delivery, cyber security, software technology parks, start-ups ecosystem etc. The MoU shall come into effect from date of signature of the parties and shall remain in force for a period of 5 years.
- At the 41st annual Conference, UNESCO World Heritage Committee has decided to omit which among the following Australian sites from the “List of World Heritage in Danger”
3.Great Barrier Reef
5.Kakadu National Park
Answer – 3.Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
This decision comes as an endorsement of Australian Government’s Reef 2050 plan for protecting and managing the Reef until 2050. However, in a draft document, the World Heritage Committee noted with “serious concern” coral bleaching along the Great Barrier Reef, and asked for an overall report on the state of conservation by December 2019.
- UNESCO has declared the Hoh Xil nature reserve in _____as a natural heritage site
Answer – 2.China
UNESCO has declared the Hoh Xil nature reserve in China’s Qinghai Province a natural heritage site in a controversial decision challenged by pro-Tibet activists. The Hoh Xil nature reserve, located on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, is home to over 200 animal species.
- Which among the following site in Rio de Janeiro, where slaves from Africa first arrived in Brazilhas been added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites?
3.Sao Luis Wharf
Answer – 1.Valongo wharf
World Heritage Committee said Valongo was a reminder of the estimated 900,000 Africans who were brought there by slave traders starting in 1811. Valongo is where the slaves, often emaciated and sick after the voyage, were taken to be quarantined, sorted and sold.
- Which island in south-west Japan that bans women has been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site?
Answer – 1.Okishima
Okinoshima, located midway between the south-western main island of Kyushu and the Korean peninsula, was once the site of rituals to pray for maritime safety and a centre for relations with China and Korea that stretch back as far as the fourth century.
- Sambor Prei Kuk, an ancient temple site in _______has been added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Answer – 4.Cambodia
Sambor Prei Kuk, or “temple in the richness of the forest” in the Khmer language, located 206 km north of the capital Phnom Penh, is home to numerous temples, ten of which are octagonal. UNESCO said the area had been identified as Ishanapura, the capital of the ancient Chenla Empire, a Khmer civilization that flourished in the late 6th and 7th centuries and preceded the Khmer Empire.
- Major NATO exercises in Eastern Europe involving 25,000 military personnel from more than 20 allied and partner countries begun on July 12, 2017 in which country?
Answer – 3.BulgariaExplanation :
The Saber Guardian 17 exercises will run until July 20, 2017. The drills aim to increase the interoperability of participating countries and demonstrate resolve and readiness to act in support of security and stability in the Black Sea region.
- Which public sector bank has waived charges for fund transfer of up to Rs.1000 through its IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) to promote small transactions?
1.Bank of Baroda
2.State Bank of India
5.Punjab National Bank
Answer –2.State Bank of India
State Bank of India had been charging Rs.5 along with the applicable service tax for IMPS fund transfer of up to Rs.1000. IMPS is an instant interbank electronic fund transfer service through mobile phones as well as internet banking.
- Which programme has been launched by Yes Bank to help Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) understand the impact of the proposed changes and prepare them for migration to the new GST tax system?
Answer – 5.YES GST’
YES BANK, India’s fourth largest private sector bank, along with YES Global Institute has launched ‘YES GST’ program for MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) under its MSME CSR initiative, ‘Say YES to Sustainable MSMEs in India’.
- Which State Government has decided to merge all the branches of the district central cooperative banks (DCCBs) with the state cooperative banks?
Answer – 4.ChhattisgarhExplanation :
This decision would enable small DCCB to merge into the state cooperative bank that would ensure the fiscal strength of the entity. After the merger, the working capital of the banks would increase to more than Rs 10 crore.
- Headquarters of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is located in:
Answer – 3.Bengaluru
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for 2017-18 with the Ministry of Defence (MoD) in Delhi. The annual MoU was signed by Ashok Kumar Gupta, Secretary, Department of Defence Production, and T. Suvarna Raju, Chairman and Managing Director, HAL.
- Thomas Kuehl has been appointed as President of Indian operations of which multi-national company?
Answer – 4.Nissan
Japanese auto major Nissan has appointed former Skoda Auto India brand head, Thomas Kuehl as president of its Indian operations. He will replace Guillaume Sicard, who stepped down recently to take up a new post with Alliance partner Renault as Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Asia Pacific and MD, South Asia.
- Who among the following has been appointed as head coach of Indian Men’s Cricket for a two-year period until the end of the 2019 ICC World Cup?
Answer – 2.Ravi Shastri
Former India allrounder and captain Ravi Shastri, who was team director of the Indian men’s cricket team from August 2014 to April 2016, has been appointed as head coach for a two-year period until the end of the 2019 ICC World Cup. Former fast bowling spearhead Zaheer Khan was appointed the bowling coach and former batting great and captain Rahul Dravid was named batting consultant for specific overseas tours.
- Which among the following mission of NASA has completed a close flyby of Jupiter’s Great Red Spot?
Answer – 4.Juno
Juno approached closest to Jupiter’s center on July 10, 2017, the point at which the probe was just 2,200 miles above the planet’s visible cloud tops. Juno passed directly above the Great Red Spot at a height of 5,600 miles.
- On July 12, 2017, Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated Doppler Weather Radar built by Indian Meteorological Department at _______________________
Answer – 5.Kochi
The facility is built as part of the modernization of observational network by replacing conventional network using indigenous technology. Dr Harsh Vardhan said that with the commissioning of new station, sixty per cent of the country is covered with Doppler Weather Radar in the network of Indian Meteorological Department. Fifty more such radars will be installed in the country in near future.
- A team of international astronomers has found the smallest star known in our galaxy located about ______ light-years from Earth
Answer – 2.600 light-years
Astronomers from Cambridge University have discovered a smallest star in our galaxy. The star known as EBLM J055557Ab is almost 600 light-years away from Earth. It can be easily seen from the Southern Hemisphere if viewed from telescope.
- P Chandra Sekharan, who passed away on July 12, 2017, was:
Answer – 4.Forensic Expert
Renowned forensic expert and Padma Bhushan awardee Prof Dr P Chandra Sekharan died on July 12 2017. Sekharan served for over three decades as director of the Department of Forensic Sciences, Government of Tamil Nadu.
- BJP President Amit Shah and RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat recently released a coffee table book on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s life in New Delhi. The book – ‘Making of A Legend’, has been compiled by:
Answer – 4.Bindeshwar Pathak
Sulabh International founder Bindeshwar Pathak has compiled the journey of Prime Minister Narendra Modi into a coffee table book. The book titled “The making of a legend”was released by BJP President Amit Shah and RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
- On July 12, 2017, Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi was apprised of MoU between India and Bangladesh for cooperation in:
2.Infrastructure Development on Indo-Bangla Border
5.Peaceful Use of Outer Space
Answer – 4.Cyber Security
Union Cabinet has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) and Bangladesh Government Computer Incident Response Team (BGD e-Gov CIRT) for cyber security cooperation. The MoU was signed on 8th April, 2017. The MoU intends to promote cooperation between CERT-In and BGD e-Gov CIRT and includes exchange of information on Cyber attacks and cyber security incidents.
- UNESCO has recognised the old city of Hebron as a _____ world heritage site
Answer – 1.Palestinian
Hebron is home to more than 200,000 Palestinians and a few hundred Israeli settlers, who live in a heavily fortified enclave near the site known to Muslims as the Ibrahimi Mosque and to Jews as the Tomb of the Patriarchs.
- ’Malala Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
Answer – 2.12th July
On July 12, 2013, Malala Yousafzai, a sixteen-year-old Pakistani girl engaged in the promotion of women’s education, delivered an impassioned speech at the United Nations (UN) headquarters on the need for gender equality in education. The address saw several rounds of standing ovations for the teenager and the day, July 12, which is also her birthday, was soon declared by the UN as Malala Day in honour of the young activist.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.