Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Donald John Trump has been sworn in as the _________ President of United States of America.
Answer – C.45
Donald Trump took the office as the 45th President of United States of America on January 20, 2017. He has replaced Barack Obama. Trump won the general election on November 8, 2016, against Democratic rival Hillary Clinton. At age 70, he has become the oldest and wealthiest person to assume the presidency and the first president without prior military or governmental service.
- Where was the Workshop on MSME Cooperation among Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Member countries organized by the Ministry of MSME on January 19, 2017?
Answer – A.New Delhi
Union Minister of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Shri Kalraj Mishra inaugurated a Workshop on MSME Cooperation amongst Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Member countries on January 19, 2017 in New Delhi. The Ministry of MSME in consultation with the Ministry of External Affairs and IORA Secretariat organized this Workshop. The workshop was participated by 23 representatives from 13 member countries, including Mozambique, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Comoros, Kenya, Seychelles, Malaysia, Mauritius, Singapore, Australia, UAE and Yemen.
- As per the Civil Aviation Ministry the first flight under the UDAN scheme is set to take off in February 2017. What does UDAN stands for?
A.Universal Desh Aviation Nirman
B.Under Developed Area Network
C.Urban Development in Airflight Network
D.Ude Desh Ke Aam Naagrik
Answer – D.Ude Desh Ke Aam Naagrik
The Minister of State for Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha, on January 19, 2017 announced that the under UDAN (Ude Desh Ke Aam Naagrik) Scheme the first flght is likely to take off in February 2017. The UDAN scheme aims to boost regional air connectivity to and from un-served and under-served airports and make flying more affordable. Besides, it also aims to provide various incentives to airlines.
- Which city of Himachal Pradesh has been declared as the second capital of the state on January 19, 2017 by the Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh?
Answer – B.Dharamsala
Dharamsala town in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh has been declared as the second capital city of the state by the Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on January 19, 2017. Dharamshala is located about 250 km from the state capital Shimla, comprising of Kangra, Chamba, Hamirpur and Una districts. With the development has a capital city, the people of all these areas would not have to travel to longer distance to Shimla for their work that ought to be done in the capital city.
- In which state was the 28th Dantan Gramin Mela organized on January 20, 2017?
Answer – A.West Bengal
28th Dantan Gramin Mela was inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee in Midnapore district in West Bengal on January 20, 2017. The mela display the rural handicraft skills of the people of the region and the different goods ranging from textile to terracotta.
- The World Economic Forum has signed an MoU with which Institution on January 20, 2017 to improve the health of the oceans and maritime resources of the world?
A.International Maritime Organization (IMO)
B.Garden Reach Ship Builders & Engineers Ltd
C.Bharath Institute of Marine Services
D.UCSB Marine Science Institute
Answer – D.UCSB Marine Science Institute
Switzerland based World Economic Forum announced a partnership with the UCSB’s Marine Science Institute to improve health of world’s oceans and maritime resources on January 20, 2017. Aim: To protect world’s USD 2.5 trillion ocean economy. This partnership will help the international community to meet the ocean sustainable development goal.
- How much amount of penalty has been imposed by RBI on Bombay Mercantile Co-operative Bank for violating the KYC and anti-money laundering norms?
A.Rs 80 lakhs
B.Rs 66 lakhs
C.Rs 75 lakhs
D.Rs 92 lakhs
Answer – C.Rs 75 lakhs
India’s central banking institution, Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 75lakhs on Bombay Mercantile Co-operative Bank for violations of norms related to KYC and anti-money laundering. RBI had issued a notice regarding this to the bank and the bank has submitted its written reply.
- Who has been appointed as the new director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on January 19, 2017?
B.Alok Kumar Verma
Answer – B.Alok Kumar Verma
Delhi Police Commissioner Alok Kumar Verma was appointed as the new Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on January 19, 2017 by a three member committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with Chief Justice of India Jagdish Singh Khehar and Congress leader in Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge as members. Alok Kumar Verma will replace the interim director Rakesh Asthana who was appointed since the post was lying vacant after the former director Anil Sinha retired on December 2, 2016.
- Who has been sworn in as the new President of Gambia on January 19, 2017?
A.Nana Akufo Addo
Answer – D.Adama Barrow
Adama Barrow was sworn in as third official President of Gambian at the Gambian Embassy in Dakar, capital of Senegal on January 19, 2017. He replaced Yahya Jammeh. Barrow has won the presidential election which was held on December 2, 2016
- The Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation has formed a Negotiations Committee on January 19, 2017 to review which river & its tributaries?
Answer – B.Mahanadi
The Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation led by Uma Bharti has formed a Negotiations Committee on January 19, 2017 to determine the availability and utilization of waters of the river Mahanadi and its tributaries. The committee has been asked to submit its report within three months. The committee would be consisting of 11 members under the chairmanship of a representative from Water Planning and Projects Wing (WP&P) and Central Water Commission (CWC).
- Which country inducted its first anti-missile interceptors for Arrow 3 missile defence system in the defence force on January 18, 2017?
Answer – B.Israel
The first anti-missile interceptors for the Arrow 3 Missile Defense System was inducted into the Israel Defense Forces on January 18, 2017 by both Israel’s Defense Ministry and the US Missile Defense Agency during a ceremony held on the Palmachim Air Base. Each Arrow 3 Missile is estimated to cost about $2.2 million. They have been designed to enable interception of ballistic missiles beyond the earth’s atmosphere. Interception at that altitude enables missiles carrying nuclear warheads to be blocked farther from Israel and stops the enemy missile to harm the territory.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has imposed a fine of Rs. ______ crore on 7 cement companies on January 19, 2017 for being involved in bid rigging and cartelization of tender?
A.Rs. 207 crore
B.Rs. 157 crore
C.Rs. 200 crore
D.Rs. 312 crore
Answer – A.Rs. 207 crore
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) imposed a penalty of Rs. 207 crore on seven major cement companies on January 19, 2017 for being involved in bid rigging and cartelisation to get tenders in Haryana government orders. The companies violated the competition norms on a tender floated by a Haryana state agency in 2012, for supply to government departments, boards and corporations. CCI has imposed the penalty at 0.3 percent of the average turnover of these companies for three financial years.
- Who has been accredited as the Indian Ambassador to the Central African Republic with residence in Kinshasa?
D.Birender Singh Yadav
Answer – B.Ashok Warrier
Ashok Warrier was appointed as the Ambassador of India to the Central African Republic, with residence in Kinshasa. Currently he is working as the Ambassador of India to the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Name the satellite launched by US military on January 20, 2017 to detect and defeat missile attack in the space.
Answer – C.Geo-3 Satellite
The US military launched a Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS) GEO Flight 3 mission on January 20, 2017. Under the mission, Geo-3 satellite has been send into the space mounted on Atlas V rocket from Florida where it will detect any possible missile attack to meet national security threats. The satellite based on infrared technology will serve the defence need of the country that includes missile warning, missile counter-defense, intelligence gathering, and geospatial situational awareness to support troops.
- Which team won the finals of the Pro Wrestling League Season 2 held on January 19, 2017?
B.Uttar Pradesh Warriors
Answer – D.Punjab Royals
The NCR Punjab Royals won the Pro Wrestling League Season 2 on January 19, 2017 defeating two-time finalists Haryana Hammers 5-4 in the finals at the K D Jadhav Indoor Stadium, New Delhi. The winners were presented with the Champions trophy along with a prize money of whopping 1.90 crore. The runners up took home a prize money of 1.10 crore.
- Who has been named as the new High Commissioner of India to Grenada with residence in Port of Spain?
Answer – C.Bishwadip Dey
Former IFS officer Bishwadip Dey was concurrently accredited as the High Commissioner of India to Grenada with residence in Port of Spain. Presently, Dey was working as the High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Which among the given has won the 2017 UNWTO Award for Innovation in the category of Non-Governmental Organisations(NGO) on January 19, 2017?
A.Govardhan eco village
Answer – A.Govardhan eco village
ISKCON’s Govardhan eco village in Thane district has been conferred with the UNWTO Award for Innovation in the category of Non-Governmental Organisations(NGO) at he annual United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Tourism at Madrid in Spain on January 19, 2017. Govardhan eco village become the first village in India has recognized by UN in the NGO sector.
- RBI is set to increase the focus on IT & Cyber Security in financial sector with the help of its IT arm. What is the name of RBIs IT arm?
A.Reserve Bank Information Technology Crime Branch (ReBITCB)
B.Reserve Bank Institute of Cyber Security (ReICS)
C.Reserve Bank Information Technology Security Institute (ReITSI)
D.Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Ltd (ReBIT)
Answer – D.Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Ltd (ReBIT)
According to a notification published by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on January 18, 2017, RBI has planned to increase the focus on IT & Cyber Security in a move to combat the increasing threat of cyber-security issues arising after the governments Digital Payment initiative. RBI with the help of its arm Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Ltd (ReBIT) will implement the IT & Cyber Security in the financial sector and assist in IT systems audit and assessment in entities such as banks, payments banks, wallets, among others.
- Where is the headquarter of World Economic Forum Located?
Answer – B.Switzerland
World Economic Forum, Headquarters: Cologny, Geneva, Switzerland, Founder: Klaus Schwab, Founded: 1971
- What is the capital of Gambia?
Answer – C.Banjul
Gambia: Capital: Banjul, Currency: Gambian dalasi, President: Adama Barrow