Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs January 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which Government institution has seeked a review of the provisions of the Right To Education (RTE) Act that stipulates that children cannot be held back up to class VIII regardless of his performance?
B.Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
C.National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
D.Ministry of Human Resource Development
Answer – A.NITI Aayog
The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog has called for a review of the provisions of the Right To Education (RTE) Act that specifies that children who don’t perform well cannot be held back up to class VIII regardless of his performance. This means that a child is entitled to an eighth grade diploma even if he cannot recognise a single letter or a number if he has spent eight years in school. The move is aimed to minimise the drop-out rate. However, the negative impact of the decision will lower the learning process as it would take away the pressure to learn and to compete.
- In which city is the 3-day International Kite Festival 2017 organised on January 14, 2017?
Answer – C.New Delhi
The three day International Kite Festival was inaugurated by Delhi Tourim Minister Kapil Mishra at Dwarka’s DDA Ground in New Delhi on January 14, 2017. The festival was organised by Delhi Tourism department. Professional kite flying experts from Germany, Korea, the US, China, Thailand, Ukraine, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Netherlands and Malaysia participated and demonstrated their talent during the fourth Delhi International Kite Festival.
- With which country India has signed an MoU on January 13, 2017 for collaboration in the fields of developmental activities and assisting the third world countries?
Answer – D.US
The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) of US and Development Partnership Administration (DPA) of the Ministry of External Affairs of India on January 13, 2017 have signed an MoU for collaboration in the fields of developmental activities and assist the third world countries. Under the MoU the two countries would collaborate on exchange of information and experience in issues pertaining to project development or implementation in partner countries.
- On January 13, 2017, which country has been appointed to chair the United Nations Group of 77 that looks after the interests of the 134 developing countries?
Answer – C.Ecuador
Ecuador was on January 13, 2017 appointed as the new Chairman of the United Nations Group of 77 which promotes the interests of the 134 developing countries it represents at the United Nations, including China. The country took over from Thailand which focused on how to implement the 17 UN goals for 2030 to promote development and good governance, and preserve the environment.
- India has signed an MoU with which country on January 13, 2017 for the construction of 3000 rain water harvesting systems?
Answer – A.Sri Lanka
India and Sri Lanka has signed an MoU on January 13, 2017 for the construction of 3000 rain water harvesting systems in northern Jaffna District of Sri Lanka at a cost of 30 crore Sri Lankan Rupees. The MoU was signed by Mr. Arindam Bagchi, Acting High Commissioner of India in the presence of Hon. A. H. M. Fowzie, State Minister of National Integration and Reconciliation. Besides the construction of the system, MoU also includes training of the households on operation and maintenance of the systems.
- The Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe on January 14, 2017 signed an upgraded defence agreement with which country to boost cooperation between their militaries?
Answer – C.Australia
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull signed an upgraded defence agreement to boost cooperation between their militaries on January 14, 2017. Beside with this they also reaffirmed their support for the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement the 12-nation trade pact
- Which Indian bank has signed a pact with the State General Reserve Fund of Oman (SGRF) to fund $50 million in Oman’s private equity fund, Oman India Joint Investment Fund (OIJIF)?
A.Reserve Bank of India
B.Asian Development bank
D.State Bank of India
Answer – D.State Bank of India
State Bank of India has signed a pact with the State General Reserve Fund of Oman (SGRF), a Sovereign Wealth Fund to infuse $50 million in private equity fund Oman India Joint Investment Fund (OIJIF) while the SGRF would infuse $150 million. The SBI aims at backing the private equity fund for its second offering (Fund II).
- Which Indian airline firm has signed pact with US aircraft manufacturer Boeing on January 13, 2017 for the purchase of about 205 aircraft?
Answer – B.Spice Jet
India based Budget carrier SpiceJet and US based aircraft manufacturer Boeing has signed a deal worth $22 billion (Rs 150,000 crore) for the purchase of up to 205 aircraft on January 13, 2017. This is one of the largest orders ever made in the airline history. The agreement also provided a big boost for Boeing in India. The deal includes 100 new 737 Max 8 jets, builds upon an existing order for 55 aircraft.
- Who has been conferred with the Young Travel Photographer of the year (TPOTY) 2017 in the Places and Experiences category?
A.Aryaman Adik and Yohann Suri
B.Sandeep Paswan and Robin Mann
C.Abhay Singh and Vikas Mehra
D.Darpan Basak and Ankit Kumar
Answer – D.Darpan Basak and Ankit Kumar
Darpan Basak(14) and Ankit Kumar(13)won the Young Travel Photographer of the year (TPOTY) in the Places and Experiences category. It is an annual award which was founded by photographers Chris and Karen Coe in 2003.
- Lohri is a famous state festival of _________
Answer – D.Punjab
Lohri is a popular Punjabi festival, celebrated by people from the Punjab region of South Asia The origins of Lohri are many and link the festival to Punjab region. Many people believe the festival commemorates the passing of the winter solstice.
- Who has been appointed as the President of the Maharashtra Cricket Association?
Answer – B.Ashish Shelar
Ashish Shelar has been appointed as Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) president.He is the succeedor of Sharad Pawar. Shelar is currently working as the Vice President of Mumbai Cricket Association from 17 June 2015. He is the president of Mumbai unit of Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP).
- What is the capital city of Oman?
Answer – A.Muscat
Capital: Muscat, Currency: Omani rial, Sultan: Qaboos bin Said al Said
- The government on January 11, 2017 decided to sell its ________ stake in Pawan Hans Ltd to a strategic buyer and transfer the management control of the helicopter service operator.
Answer –A.51 Percent
The government has decided to sell its entire 51% stake in Pawan Hans Ltd to a strategic buyer and transfer the management control of the helicopter service operator. For this, it has sought applications from reputed consulting firm, investment bankers, merchant bankers, financial institutions and banks on January 11, 2017 to provide advisory services and manage the strategic disinvestment process. The company is a joint venture where Government held 51% while state-owned ONGC Ltd. holds 49% stake. The government has budgeted for Rs 56,500 crore of revenue from disinvestment for 2016-17, including Rs 20,500 crore from strategic sales.
- What is the FIFA ranking of Indian football team for January 2017?
Answer – C.129
According to data released by the world football governing body FIFA on January 12, 2017, the Indian football team jumped six places up to 129th in January 2017 which is the best FIFA ranking in over a decade. It is India’s best ever ranking since December, 2005, when they were at the 127th spot. India won nine of 11 international matches since last one year.
- Gujarat defeated which state to win the Ranji Trophy 2017?
Answer – B.Mumbai
Gujarat won its maiden Ranji Trophy title on January 14, 2017 by 5 wickets after beating Mumbai at the Holkar Stadium in Indore. Man of the Match: Parthiv Patel. Gujarat scored 47/0 on the final day to create history. This was the highest total run-chase in Ranji Trophy finals. Earlier, the highest was 310 by Hyderabad vs Nawanagar way back in 1937-38.
- Name the President of the Himachal Pradesh political party All India Tribes and Minorities Front who died on January 10 2017.
A.Mangal Singh Negi
Answer – A.Mangal Singh Negi
Noted political and social activist and president of All India Tribes and Minorities Front Mangal Singh Negi passed away in Chandigarh on January 10, 2017 at the age of 86. He was born in tribal Kinnaur district in Himachal Pradesh and later settled in Shimla. He was one of the first civil servants from the tribal region of Himachal Pradesh and served on various senior positions in the governments of Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir and at the Centre.
- Surjit Singh Barnala who died on January 14, 2017 at the age of 91 was the former Chief Minister of which state?
Answer – B.Punjab
Former Chief Minister of Punjab, Surjit Singh Barnala passed away on January 14, 2017 at the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh. He was 91. Barnala served as the Chief Minister of Punjab from 1985 to 1987. He had also served as the governor of Uttarakhand, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and the Andaman and Nicobar islands.
- Recently which Japanese scientist has been conferred with the 2017 Crafoord Prize for the discovery of regulatory T cells and to describe their role in the immune system?
Answer – B.Shimon Sakaguchi
The 2017 Crafoord Prize has been conferred upon two American and one Japenese scientists for their fundamental discoveries in immune regulation. The awardees of the scientific prize include Japan’s Shimon Sakaguchi of Osaka University, Fred Ramsdell from the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy in San Francisco, and Alexander Rudensky of the New-York-based Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center of America. They will share the six million Swedish krona, or $660,000, award.
- What was the theme of the 2017 Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit?
A.Economic Development with Vibrant Gujarat
B.Discovering New Gujarat
C.Vibrant Gujarat: Connecting India to the World
D.Transforming Gujarat to Global Business Hub
Answer – C.Vibrant Gujarat: Connecting India to the World
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on a two day visit to Gujarat from January 9-10, 2017 to inaugurate the eighth edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit 2017 at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar, Gujarat on January 10, 2017. The theme of the three day Summit is “Vibrant Gujarat: Connecting India to the World”. The summit was started in 2003 with the aim to attract investment in Gujarat by the then state Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Prime Minster Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s first international exchange ____________ at the IFSC of GIFT City in Gandhinagar on January 9, 2017.
Answer – D.India INX
Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s first international exchange –India INX — at the International Financial Service Centre (IFSC) of GIFT City in Gandhinagar. India INX is a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, Bombay Stock Exchange. It would operate for 22 hours a day allowing international investors and NRIs to trade from anywhere across the globe. India INX is one of the world’s most advanced technology platforms with a turn-around-time of 4 micro seconds. INX will trade initially in equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives including index and stocks. It plans to offer depository receipts and bonds later.
- How much amount of line of credit has been announced by India on January 10, 2017 at the Gujarat Global Investors Summit 2017 for the development of Export Targeted Irrigated Agriculture Project in Rwanda?
A.USD 175 million
B.USD 80 million
C.USD 120 million
D.USD 75 million
Answer – C.USD 120 million
A joint state was issued between Rwanda President Paul Kagame and Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 10, 2017 at the Gujarat Global Investors Summit to raise the level of bilateral cooperation to a strategic partnership. India extended a $120 million credit to bring over 41,190 hectares of cultivable land under irrigation in the African country for the development of Export Targeted Irrigated Agriculture Project. Prime Minister Modi announced an aid of $2 million worth of medicines and a cash grant of $1 million for sourcing medical equipment from India.
- Chandrakant Chhajed who passed away on January 13, 2017 at the age of 67 served as the former minister of state for tourism of which state?
Answer – A.Maharashtra
Senior Congress leader and former Maharashtra minister Chandrakant Chhajed passed away in Pune, Maharashtra on January 13, 2017.He was 67. Chandrakant was a former Minister of State for Tourism in 2003. He served the party as a state unit general secretary and co-ordinator of the Congress Legislature Party till the last.
- What is the currency of Eucador?
Capital: Quito, Currency: United States Dollar, President: Rafael Correa
- Bhogali Bihu is a harvest festival celebrated in which state of India ?
Answer – A.Assam
Bhogali Bihu ( also known as Bhogi or Magh Bihu) is actually a harvest festival mainly celebrated in Assam. Bhogi or Bogi festival is celebrated in the honour of Lord Indra, God of Clouds and Rains.