AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which Indian State flagged of India’s 1st of its kind ‘Fruit Train’ Carries a load of 980 metric tonnes of Bananas under brand name ‘Happy Bananas’ (January 2020)?
1) West Bengal
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Answer-4) Andhra Pradesh
India’s first of its kind fruit train was launched from Tadipatri Railway Station in Anantapur district & from Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh. This is the first time an entire train carrying a load of 980 metric tonnes of locally grown bananas. The bananas will be exported under the brand name ‘Happy Bananas’. Guntakal Railway division (is one of the four divisions of South Coast Railway zone of the Indian Railways) has loaded bananas for export to West Asian countries from Tadipatri at very first time and also it has been sent to the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNP)in Mumbai, Maharashtra from where it will be exported to Iran.
- Which Indian State launched doorstep Pension delivery scheme in February 2020 following the route of Delhi government?
2) Andhra Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-2) Andhra Pradesh
On February 01, 2020 the govt of Andhra Pradesh (AP) has launched a doorstep pension delivery scheme named YSR Pension Kanuka. Under the scheme various welfare pensions will be delivered to the pensioners. The old age pensioners age has also been reduced from 65 to 60 years. The beneficiaries will be delivered with the pension services through volunteers equipped with smartphones.
- Among ‘Indian Institutions’ Which Indian Institution tops the 2019 Global Go to Think Tank report by the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) of the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, United States ?
1) Institute of Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA)
2) Observer Research Foundation (ORF)
3) Centre for Civil Society (CCS)
4) The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
5) Vivekananda International Foundation (VIF)
Answer-2) Observer Research Foundation (ORF)
The 2019 Global Go to Think Tank Index Report (GGTTI), by the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) of the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, United States(US) was released. The index ranked top think tanks from around the world. As per the report India’s Observer Research Foundation (ORF) was ranked at 27th place among 176 global think tanks previously ranked 118 in 2018. The Index was topped by Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (CEIP) of Unites States.
- What is India’s rank based on the number of think tanks in a country, as per 2019 Global Think Tank report by the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) of the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, United States?
As per 2019 Global Think Tank report by the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) of the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, United States India has the 2nd-largest number of think tanks with 509 in the country. The US has the highest number of think tanks at 1,871. China ranks 3rd in large number of think tanks.
- With which Credit rating agency Bank of Baroda (BoB) signed a pact for accessing credit qualities of Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)?
1) Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL)
2) India Rating and Research Pvt. Ltd.
3) Credit Analysis and Research limited (CARE)
4) Small and Medium Enterprises Rating Agency of India (SMERA)
5) Information and Credit Rating Agency of India Limited (ICRA)
Answer-3) Credit Analysis and Research Limited (CARE)
The State owned Bank of Baroda (BoB) has partnered with Credit Analysis and Research Limited (CARE) for assessing the credit qualities of Small and Medium Enterprises (SME). Loan value for SMEs will be identified through 8 –Point scale. Number 1 indicates the highest creditworthiness and 8 – poor creditworthiness.
- NABARD approved loan to Punjab State Agricultural Development Bank (PSADB) worth ___ at low interest rate to strengthen and providing financial support to the Bank (January 2020)?
1) 120 Crore
2) 125 Crore
3) 130 Crore
4) 135 Crore
5) 140 Crore
Answer-5) 140 Crore
The National bank of Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has given approval for the loan worth of 140 Crore at lower interest rate to Punjab State Agricultural and Rural Development Bank (PSADB) to strengthen and supporting the PSADB financially. The decision to provide Rs 140 crore was taken during a meeting between Punjab Cooperation Minister Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa-led delegation with NABARD Chairman Harsh Kumar Banwala in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- As per recently released Government Data (Scores given by MeitY) the Public Sector Banks which are rated as ‘Good’ in Digital Transactions in December 2019 is/are?
1) State Bank of India (SBI)
2) Bank of Baroda (BoB)
3) Bank of Maharashtra (BoM)
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-5) Both 1) and 3)
According to recently released data by Government of India via Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity), State Bank of India (SBI) and Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) are the only Public Sector Banks where are rated as ‘Good’ in Digital Transactions with the score of 68 and 77 respectively. The Scores for an individual bank are given by MeitY. A total of 9 private banks and 2 payment banks received good ratings on digital transactions in December 2019.
- The Target set by Government of India for the digital transactions in current fiscal year (FY 2020) by Volume is/are?
1) 30 Billion
2) 35 Billion
3) 40 Billion
4) 45 Billion
5) 50 Billion
Answer-3) 40 Billion
The Government (Ministry of MeitY) has set a target of 40 Billion or 4000 Crore digital transactions for the current fiscal FY2020 (Financial year 2020)
- Ministry of External Affairs appointed Ajay Bisaria as India’s next High Commissioner to?
2) United Kingdom
5) New Zealand
Ministry of External Affairs has appointed Ajay Bisaria as next High commissioner of India to Canada replacing Vikas Swarup who now appointed as Secretary (Consular, Passport and Visa and Overseas Indian Affairs) at Ministry of External Affairs.
- Indian Origin Techie Arvind Krishna elected as Chief Executive officer (CEO) of which Information Technology giant company?
1) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
2) International Business Machine (IBM)
3) Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HP)
Answer-2) International Business Machine (IBM)
Indian origin technology executive Arvind Krishna has been elected as Chief Executive Officer of American IT giant International Business Machines Corp (IBM) after a “world-class succession process” will be effective on April, becomes the third Indian to head US-based multinational company after Microsoft corporation chief Satya Nadella and Google CEO Sundar Pichai.
- The Government of India has appointed M. Ajit Kumar as chairman of (January 2020)?
1) National Human Rights Commission of India (NHRC)
2) Competition Commission of India (CCI)
3) Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)
4) University Grants Commission (UGC)
5) Central Vigilance Commission (CVC)
Answer-3) Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of M. Ajit Kumar as chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) replacing Pranab Kumar Das.
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) from Wipro who resigned the post in (January 2020) is?
1) Azim Hashim Premji
2) Cyrus Mistry
3) N.R.Narayana Murthy
4) Abidali Neemuchwala
5) Rajesh Gopinathan
Answer-4) Abidali Neemuchwala
Abidali Neemuchwala quits as Chief Executive Officer(CEO) and Managing Director (MD) from Wipro IT (Information Technology) service providing company. He will continue in office until new CEO has been appointed.
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) R.A. Sankara Narayanan retires in January 2020. He worked as CEO and MD of which Indian Public Sector Bank (PSB)?
1) Syndicate Bank
2) Allahabad Bank
3) Andhra Bank
4) Canara Bank
5) UCO Bank
Answer-4) Canara Bank
On January 31,2020 Public sector lender, Canara Bank announced that its Managing Director (M.D) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Sankara Narayanan (60) has retired, because Narayanan attains the age of “superannuation” (which means completing the age for retirement).
- Who chaired the 1st meeting after reconstitution of Indian National Commission for Cooperation with UNESCO (INCCU) in New Delhi?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Piyush Goyal
3) Rajnath Singh
4) Ravi Shankar Prasad
5) Ramesh Pokhriyal
Answer-5) Ramesh Pokhriyal
The Union Minister of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ chaired the meeting of Indian National Commission for Cooperation with UNESCO (INCCU) in New Delhi. This was the 1st meeting after the National Commission’s reconstitution. The national commission consists of members of 5 sub commissions which include Sub Commission for Education, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Communication and Culture.
- Indian Air Force successfully operated AN-32 aircraft for the 1st with engines powered by 10% blended bio-jet indigenous fuel took off from which Indian airport?
1) Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Leh
2) Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati
3) Veer Savarkar International Airport, Port Blair
4) Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
5) Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru
Answer-1) Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Leh
On January 31, 2020 Indian Air Force’s (IAF) successfully operated AN-32 aircraft powered with 10% blend of Indian bio-jet fuel. This is the 1st time both engines of the aircraft were powered by bio-jet indigenous fuel where the aircraft took-off from Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Leh. Before undertaking operational flight to Leh, the flight was tested along with performance validation at Chandigarh Air Base.
- The World’s largest solar telescope Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope (DKIST) reveals never seen images of sun’s turbulent surface. The DKIST located at?
1) Canary Islands of Spain
2) North cape of South Africa
3) Chile, South America
4) Hawaiian island of Maui
5) Fort Davis, Texas
Answer-4) Hawaiian island of Maui
Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope (DKIST), the world’s largest solar telescope, has captured first highest-resolution image of the Sun’s turbulent surface at peak of Haleakala on the Hawaiian island of Maui and the telescope has a 13-foot mirror.
- Maharashtra’s Vidya Bal who died recently (in January 2020) is a?
3) Social Activist
4) Classical Dancer
5) Marathi Poet
Answer-3) Social Activist
Maharashtra’s stalwart social activist, Marathi feminist writer and journalist vidya bal (83) passed away in Pune, Maharashtra. She had fought for gender equality for women and had expressed ‘socialist feminism’ through her own established magazines such as STREE(women) and MILOON SARYAJANI (All of us together) in 1989.
- Padma shri awardee and eminent Novelist Dalip Kaur Tiwana who passed away in Jan 2020 belongs to which Indian state?
3) Madhya Pradesh
On January 2020, Padma Shri awardee and renowned Punjabi novelist, Dalip Kaur Tiwana passed away at the age of 84 due to old age ailments. She was well known for novels ‘Teeli da Nishaan’ and ‘Sooraj te Samandar’. She was also a former president of the Punjabi Sahit Akademi. She won Padma Shri in 2004 for literature and education. Dalip also returned her Padma Shri award in 2015 to express solidarity with writers who were protesting against the suppression of freedom of expression and communalism.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the Headquarters of ICICI bank located at?
Recently ICICI bank launched ‘iBOX’ first of its kind 24 x 7 self-help delivery tool.
- What is the largest optical telescope in World?
Answer-Gran Telescopio CANARIAS
- What is the tagline of Canara Bank?
Answer-‘Together we Can’
- Where is Kuno-Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary located at?
Recently Supreme court of India allowed the introduction of African Cheetahs to a suitable habitat in India. Kuno-Palpur is chosen as a suitable site as of now.
- Where is the Headquarters of CARE ratings located at?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]