Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 4 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- On April 3, 2017, Central Government constituted National Board for Electric Mobility (NBEM). Who will be the chairperson of NBEM?
A.Union Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
B.Secretary of Department of Heavy Industry
C.Prime Minister of India
D.Secretary of Ministry of Power
Answer – B. Secretary of Department of Heavy Industry
In a bid to promote electric mobility and manufacturing of electric/hybrid vehicles and their components, Central Government constituted National Board for Electric Mobility (NBEM) on April 3, 2017. Secretary of Department of Heavy Industry will be the Chairperson of NBEM.
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC)Finance Ministers’ Meeting was held on April 3, 2017 in:
Answer – B.New Delhi
This meeting was attended by Finance Ministers from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka along with officials from Asian Development Bank (ADB). From this meeting onwards, Myanmar has become the 7th nation to join SASEC as a member country.
- In context of FAME India scheme of Central Government, what does abbreviation FAME stand for?
A.Full-fledged Adoption and Marketing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles
B.Faster Adoption and Marketing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles
C.Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles
D.Full-Fledged Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles
Answer – C.Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles
As per a notification issued by Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, benefits given to mild hybrid vehicles under FAME India scheme have been withdrawn with effect from 1st April 2017. The notification also clarified that decision does not apply to sales of mild hybrid vehicles made to retail purchasers up to 31st March 2017.
- Mohd Najib Tun Razak, who was on an official visit to India from 30th March 2017 to 3rdApril 2017, is the Prime Minister of which country?
Answer – D. Malaysia
During Malaysian PM’s visit, 7 MoUs were signed between India and Malaysia for cooperation in various fields’ viz. aviation, education, sports, fertilisers and technology development. It is to be noted that India and Malaysia have diplomatic relations since 60 years.
- Which state government has banned the usage of polythene bags which is manufactured below 50 microns from April 3, 2017?
A.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – A.Jammu & Kashmir
This ban was officially announced by Minister for Forest, Environment and Ecology, Choudhary Lal Singh. The government also stated that each plastic carry bag and multilayered packaging must have the name, registration number of the manufacturer and thickness of the material printed on it in English.
- Berhampur Thakurani Yatra is a festival celebrated by the weaving community of which state?
Answer – C.Odisha
The festival of Goddess Budhi Thakurani called Berhampur Thakurani Yatra begun in southern Odisha on April 3, 2017. The month long festival will be celebrated by the weaving community, known as Devangiris.
- India has been ranked _____ in the doping violation report published by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)for the year 2015
The report published by WADA stated that, 117 athletes from India have been punished after testing positive for banned substances. India held the same position in the year 2013 and 2014. The urine samples taken from Indian athletes were used by WADA to find out the violation. The top spot is held by Russia followed by Italy.
- The current Indian Army Chief _______ was presented with Honorary General of the Nepalese Army title by the President of Nepal on March 29, 2017
A.General Dalbir Singh Suhag
B.General Bipin Rawat
C.General Bikram Singh
D.General Vijay Kumar Singh
Answer – B.General Bipin Rawat
General Bipin Rawat, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) visited Nepal and Bangladesh from March 28, 2017 to April 2, 2017 on his first foreign visit. On his visit to Nepal, the Army Chief was presented with Honorary General of the Nepalese Army title by the President of Nepal on March 29, 2017. The historic tradition is continuing uninterrupted since its inception in 1969 which shows special relationship between the Indian and the Nepalese Army.
- Which private sector banks have sold Rs 1800 crore worth loans of paper maker Ballarpur Industries to Edelweiss Asset Reconstruction Company?
A.ICICI Bank and Axis Bank
B.ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank
C.HDFC Bank and Axis Bank
D.Yes Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer – A. ICICI Bank and Axis Bank
Axis Bank sold loans of Rs.1200 crore and ICICI Bank sold loans of Rs.600 crore. This is the first time; a potential bad loan has been sold off to an Asset Reconstruction Company at book value.
- On April 3, 2017, India’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cleared a proposal to introduce new currency notes of which denomination?
Answer – D.Rs. 200
The proposal was cleared during the RBI board meeting held in March, 2017. The information was passed by officials from RBI. The process of printing Rs 200 notes will begin after June, if the central government officially approves the new denomination.
- Central government has approved the procurement of a fresh batch of_____ surface-to-air missiles for its naval warships on April 3, 2017
Answer – D.Barak
This proposal was approved during a meeting of the Defense Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Defense Minister of India Arun Jaitley, in New Delhi. Defense Minister has mentioned that all ships of the navy will be equipped with these missiles.
- Who among the following took charge as the MD and CEO of Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) Bank on April 4, 2017?
C.Kishore Kumar Sansi
D.Mahesh Kumar Jain
Answer – D. Mahesh Kumar Jain
The former MD and CEO of IDBI Bank, K Kharat has been transferred to Indian bank.
The move was focused mainly on retail lending and resolution of bad assets of IDBI bank which were the key priorities.
- Who among the following cricketers became an acting Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Gulf Oil India just for a day on April 3, 2017?
Answer – C.MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni took charge of Gulf Oil India at the Mumbai head office. He was named CEO of the day by the company. As a CEO of the company for the day, Dhoni has attended all the special meetings of the company. Mahendra Singh Dhoni was also named as the brand ambassador for Gulf Oil in the year 2011.
- Who among the following was appointed as Police Chief (in-charge) of Gujarat on April 4, 2017 and thus became the 1stwoman IPS officer to be appointed as the Police Chief in Gujarat?
A.Director General of Police (DGP) Geetha Johri
B.Director General of Police (DGP) Kanwaljeet Deol
C.Director General of Police (DGP) Meera Borwankar
D.Director General of Police (DGP) Damyanti Sen
Answer – A.Director General of Police (DGP)Geetha Johri
The minister of state for home, Pradeepsinh Jadeja officially announced the appointment of Johri. Johri has replaced PP Pandey, who resigned as the DGP after his appointment was challenged by former Police Julio Riberio in the Supreme Court.
- Which soil fungus uses enzymes to rapidly break down plastic materials?
Answer – A.Aspergillus tubingensis
Aspergillus tubingensis is a fungus, which ordinarily lives in the soil. In laboratory trials, the researchers found that it also grows on the surface of plastics. The fungus secretes enzymes onto the surface of the plastic, and these break the chemical bonds between the plastic molecules.
- Kishori Amonkar,who passed away on April 3, 2017, was:
A.A Veteran Journalist
B.A Human Rights Activist
C.An Indian Classical Vocalist
D.A Renowned Historian
Answer – C. An Indian Classical Vocalist
Classical singer Kishori Amonkar passed away at the age of 84 at her house in Mumbai on April 3, 2017. Born on April 10, 1932, she learned music under Ustad Alladiya Khan Saheb and Kesarbai Kerkar. Amonkar received Padma Bhushan in 1987 and Padma Vibhushan in 2002.
- Gilbert Baker, who passed away on April 4, 2017, was the creator of:
A.Euro Currency Symbol
B.Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Rainbow Flag
C.Canadian National Flag
D.Logo of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Answer – B. Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Rainbow Flag
Gilbert Baker, a gay rights activist and the creator of the iconic Rainbow Flag passed away on April 4, 2017. The rainbow flag debuted at the Gay Freedom Day Parade on June 25, 1978 in San Francisco. It was designed for the movie named Milk.
- ‘International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action’ is observed on which date every year?
Answer – B. 4th April
The International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action day was declared by the General Assembly of United Nation on December 8, 2005. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) marked the International Day for Mine Awareness to highlight the deadly threat that mines pose to civilians ’ lives and nations’ development. The theme of this year was “Needs driven. People Centered”.
- On April 3, 2017, who among the following took oath as Chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)?
A.Prof. David R. Syiemlieh
B.Prof. Anthony N. Fernandes
C.Prof. Justin P. Lopez
D.Prof. Andrew K. Rodrigues
Answer – A. Prof. David R. Syiemlieh
On April 3, 2017, Prof. David R. Syiemlieh took the Oath of Office and Secrecy as Chairman, Union Public Service Commission, under clause (1) of Article 316 of the Constitution of India. The oath was administered by Shri Vinay Mittal, the senior most Member of the Commission, at a function at the UPSC office.