AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs April 28 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs April 28 2018
- A five-day day training programme, aimed at enhancing the preparedness of Airport Emergency Handlers (AEHs) to respond to Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) emergencies at the airports, concluded on April 27, 2018 at the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Patna
During the course of this training, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) jointly conducted its first-ever full-scale Biological Management Emergency Exercise. This mock exercise was based on a simulated situation wherein the participants responded to a suspected Ebola outbreak scenario. Participants in this drill included personnel from Airport Management, Customs, Health and Medical services, Immigration, Fire Services, State Disaster Management Authority and Disease Surveillance.
- Which Union Ministry has banned plastics in all protected areas throughout India, declaring them “plastic free zones”?
1.Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3.Ministry of Human Resource Development
4.External Affairs Ministry
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Environment Ministry
This initiative has been taken prior to the World Environment Day on 5th June. States and Union territories have been directed to conduct awareness campaigns to enlighten people about this issue. India will host the World Environment Day for 2018. United Nations environment chief Erik Solheim visited India recently and signed a letter of intent declaring India to host the World Environment Day. Environment secretary C K Mishra said all protected areas and forest reserves will be plastic free zones. This will be mandatorily enforced. He added that, alternatives to plastics will be made available gradually.
- A first of its kind Israeli Modern Art Exhibition was inaugurated in ____ on April 28, 2018?
5.None of thseAnswer – 2.New Delhi
This exhibition titled ‘To the End of Land’ was organised by National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi in collaboration with the Embassy of Israel in India and the Petach Tikva Museum of Art, Israel. It was organised to mark the occasion of 25 years of diplomatic relations between India and Israel. The exhibition is a collection of contemporary art creations of 19 Israeli artists, including the internationally acclaimed Shahar Marcus who also performed at the exhibition opening. The innovative modern art pieces and installations at the exhibition focus on connection of human beings with land, territory, locality and identity.
- Which state government signed a MoU with the British Council to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Maharashtra
British Council is United Kingdom’s (UK’s) international culture and educational arm. It has completed 70 years in India. As per the terms of the MoU, British Council would be training 30000 teachers in the English language in Maharashtra. In the past, British Council already trained more than 100000 teachers, benefitting around five million learners. The training of 30000 teachers will be funded by Tata Trusts, the philanthropic arm of Tata group.
- NITI Aayog and ____ will be collaborating in the area of agriculture and allied sectors with an objective to strengthen farming systems?
3.Amul Co-operative Society
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.ITC Ltd
NITI Aayog and ITC signed a letter of intent (LoI) in this regard on April 26, 2018. This collaboration will be for a period of four years till April 2022 under which, both the entities will strive to increase net returns from farming through reduction in costs of production and increasing productivity of major crops. One of the key activities to be undertaken for accomplishing this objective is to disseminate sustainable agricultural practices and templates for seasonal planning at gram panchayat level. ITC expects to impart training to over 2 lakh lead farmers in 25 districts a part of the partnership.
- On April 26, 2018, which company announced commissioning of India’s first industrial solar microgrid at its factory in Vadodara, Gujarat?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.ABB
Microgrid is a localized electricity source which can function autonomously as well as by connecting and being synced with the traditional centralized electrical grid (macrogrid). Microgrids with integrated battery energy storage is primarily setup to ensure continuity of work during planned and unplanned power outages. ABB’s Mircrogrid (having rooftop photovoltaic field and battery-energy storage system) at its factory in Vadodara will harness the solar energy and will thus help in meeting the growing electricity needs. This facility will not only ensure continuity during power outages, but will also help in lowering carbon footprint.
- On 27th April 2018, Andhra Pradesh government and ____, along with Fintech valley conducted the Andhra Pradesh Cyber Security Summit in Visakhapatnam?
4.Kotak Mahindra Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.MasterCard
Andhra Pradesh IT Minister Nara Lokesh took part in the summit. The summit acted as a platform for top cyber security experts to exchange strategies and solutions to fight the cyber threat issues in India and worldwide. This summit was a part of the MoU signed between Andhra Pradesh government and MasterCard to execute best practices for cybersecurity.
- On 26th April 2018, ____ set up India’s first Virtual Bronchoscopy Navigation (VBN), an advanced facility for diagnosis and treatment of small tumour-like spots in lungs?
1.Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences
2.All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
3.Apollo Group of Hospitals
4.Miot group of medical institutes
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
The VBN system was installed in the Department of Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Disorders at AIIMS. Apart from India only few countries like China, Singapore besides the US and Europe own this facility. Using VBN system samples can be collected from small lung lesions with extreme precision and safety by using a bronchoscope. The machine uses the CT scan image of a patient to produce a 3D view of the windpipe. After that a bronchoscope can be passed through the windpipe to reach the abnormal areas. This will reduce the risk of puncturing the lung.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping held the first-ever informal summit in ____ on 27th and 28th April, 2018 to discuss measures for strengthening bilateral ties between both the countries?
3.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Wuhan, China
This was Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s fourth visit to China after he came to power in 2014. During this visit, PM Modi gifted to Xi Jinping, specially made prints of paintings by legendary Chinese artist Xu Beihong. Titled ‘The Horse and Sparrows and Grass’, Xu made these paintings during 1939-40, when he stayed at Kala Bhavan in Santiniketan and worked under Rabindranath Tagore. On April 27, 2018, the first day of the summit, both the leaders held one-to-one talks, where they discussed the historical past of both India and China. Prime Minister Narendra Modi emphasised the need for strengthening bilateral relations between India and China through his own version of “Panchsheel” or five-point agenda – shared vision, shared resolve, strong relationship, better communication and shared thought process. Discussion during the course of this informal summit between PM Modi and Xi Jinping revolved around trade, strategic military relations, tourism, promoting cultural, people to people relations and other bilateral and regional issues.
- Where was India-Nepal Inter Governmental Committee (IGC) meeting on Trade, Transit and Cooperation to Control Unauthorised Trade held on 26th and 27th April, 2018?
1.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Kathmandu, Nepal
Indian side to this meeting was led by Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia. Discussions at this meeting focused on adopting measures to further strengthen trade and investment ties between India and Nepal. The IGC meetings serves as a regular platform to review implementation of past trade and transit agreements between India and Nepal and discuss new measures to boost bilateral trade and investment. IGC also takes up issues relating to bilateral trade, transit facilities provided by India to Nepal to facilitate trade with third countries and Indian investment in Nepal.
- RBI liberalised ECB Policy by including more sectors in the window. It has decided to increase the ECB Liability to Equity Ratio for ECB raised from direct foreign equity holder under the automatic route to 7:1. What does “C” represent in ECB?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Commercial
RBI notified that, it has decided to increase the ECB Liability to Equity Ratio for ECB raised from direct foreign equity holder under the automatic route to 7:1. This ratio will not be applicable if total of all ECBs raised by an entity is up to USD 5 million or equivalent. In order to harmonise the extant provisions of Foreign Currency and Rupee ECBs and Rupee Denominated Bonds, it has been decided to set a uniform all-in-cost ceiling of 450 basis points over the benchmark rate. The benchmark rate will be 6 month USD LIBOR (or applicable benchmark for respective currency) for Track I and Track II. It will be existing yield of the Government of India securities of corresponding maturity for Track III (Rupee ECBs) and RDBs.
- Fitch ratings has retained India’s sovereign rating at ____ with a stable outlook on account of its assessment that upside and downside risks to ratings remains evenly balanced?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.BBB
As per Fitch’s assessment, positive factors such as strong medium-term growth outlook for Indian economy and favourable external balances are countered by weak fiscal management and sub-par structural factors, including governance standards and a difficult business environment. In context of this news, it is important to note that a rating upgrade reflects positive outlook for the country and makes it an attractive destination for investors. Fitch has retained ‘BBB-‘ with stable outlook for India since August 2006. However, it changed the outlook to negative in 2012 and then again to stable in 2013.
- On April 27, 2018, Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Union Defence Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, approved Capital Acquisition Proposals of defence equipments/ammunition valued at over ____?
1.Rs 3687 crore
2.Rs 5487 crore
3.Rs 5832 crore
4.Rs 2887 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 3687 crore
DAC approved procurement of NAG Missile System (NAMIS) comprising third generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile, the NAG, along with the Missile Carrier Vehicle (NAMICA). NAMIS has been designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It will be procured at a cost of Rs. 524 crore. DAC also approved procurement of thirteen 127 mm calibre guns for Indian Navy. The Indian Navy has been asking for these guns since long time. Having a strike range of 24 km, these guns will be fitted on-board new construction ships for undertaking surface engagements. The thirteen 127 mm calibre guns will be procured from BAE Systems (United States of America) at an approximate cost of over Rs 3000 crore.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) has signed its Annual Performance Contract (APC) for 2018-19 with which Ministry?
2.Ministry of Civil Aviation
3.Ministry of External Affairs
4.Ministry of Human Resource Development
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ministry of Civil Aviation
The MoU was signed between Secretary (Civil Aviation) R.N. Choubey and Dr. Guruprasad Mohapatra, Chairman, AAI, on 27th April 2018. The MoU mentions the parameters and targets to be executed by AAI during 2018-19. The parameters and targets are related to major areas of AAI like finance, capacity utilization, research and development, project implementation, HR and cargo etc. The AAI has undertaken a target of Rs. 4,100 crores towards capital expenditure on airport infrastructure development for 2018-19. AAI has also signed target to use 94% of its total passenger capacity at its airports. AAI has planned to carry out Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Survey at its top 20 airports by Airports Council International, in order to enhance the quality of its services. AAI has also planned to perform HR audit at its airports with an aim to strengthen its Human Resource.
- One97 Communications Limited, the owner of Paytm, announced the launch of ____ , its offline payments solution to provide easy payments solutions for non-internet customers?
1.Paytm Tap Card
2.Paytm Touch Card
3.Paytm Wave Card
4.Paytm Wireless Card
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Paytm Tap Card
The Tap Card utilises Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to enable safe and convenient digital payments, totally offline at Paytm-issued, NFC PoS terminals, within a second. In order to make payments, users can add money from their Paytm account by scanning the QR code on the Tap Card and by authenticating it at any add value machines (AVM). This will be a solution that also addresses network-related issues at the consumers’ or merchants’ side. Paytm is tying up with events, educational institutes and corporates in the first phase to ensure quick digital payments using the Tap card. User has to simply tap the card at a merchant outlet to pay. This lets the user to pay through Paytm even when they are not carrying their phones.
- Name the Gujarati poet whose poetry collection “Vakhar” has been selected for the Saraswati Samman for 2017?
3.Akash Chandra Pal
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sitanshu Yashaschandra
The selection for this award is done by a high level named ‘Chayan Parishad’ (selection committee). It is presided by former secretary general of Lok Sabha, Subhash C Kashyap. This award was instituted in 1991. It recognises outstanding literary work every year written in any Indian language and published in the last 10 years. The ‘Vakhar’ (poetry) by Sitanshu Yashaschandra was published in 2009. Sitanshu Yashaschandra was born in 1941 in Bhuj. He has written 10 books of plays and three books of criticism. He has received Sahitya Akademi Award, Kabir Samman and Padma Shri etc. The Saraswati Samman award carries a cash prize of Rs 15 lakhs, a citation and a plaque.
- Which district of Jammu and Kashmir has been shortlisted for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s excellence award for promoting digital payments and cashless economy?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Budgam
Digital payments facility has been implemented at 670 places throughout the Budgam district, under the supervision of District authorities. The places cover 372 ration shops, 285 fertilizer shops and 13 Revenue (Tehsil) offices in Budgam. The district administration has trained local residents at Common Services Centers (CSC) to execute the digital payments system successfully.
- Name the person who was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, on 26th April 2018?
1.Raghav Kumar Nagpal
2.Rajiv Kumar Nagpal
4.Ajay Kumar Singh
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rajiv Kumar Nagpal
Rajiv Kumar Nagpal is currently the Ambassador of India to Iceland. He has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. He will take up this new assignment soon.
- Who was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Norway, on 26th April 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Krishan Kumar
Krishan Kumar is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer of the 1984 batch. He is at present the Ambassador of India to the Czech Republic. He has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Norway. He will take up this assignment shortly.
- _____ was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Czech Republic, on 26th April 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Narinder Chauhan
Narinder Chauhan is an Indian Foreign Service Officer (IFS) of the batch 1985. She is at present the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Serbia. She has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Czech Republic. She will take up this new assignment soon.
- InterGlobe Aviation, the operator of IndiGo airlines, announced that ____, the President and whole-time Director of IndiGo has resigned from his position?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Aditya Ghosh
Indigo announced that its Chairman, Rahul Bhatia, will serve as the interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Director of Indigo. Aditya Ghosh has worked with IndiGo for ten years. His resignation as President of IndiGo will be effective from 31 July 2018. IndiGo also said that Greg Taylor has returned to its Board as a Senior Advisor.
- ____ has achieved another milestone towards FOC certification, after the launch on 27th April 2018, piloted by Wg Cdr Siddharth Singh from the firing range off the coast of Goa?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.LCA Tejas
The missile was launched from LCA Tejas. Tejas, the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) successfully fired Derby Air-to-Air beyond Visual Range Missile to expand the firing envelope. It demonstrated safe operation of the aircraft during missile plume ingestion into the aircraft engine in worst case situations. LCA Tejas was designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), an autonomous society of DRDO. Integration of Derby, a BVR class missile is one of the key objectives of Final Operational Clearance (FOC) of LCA Tejas.
- What was the theme of World Day for Safety and Health at Work 2018 that was observed all over the world on 28th April?
1.Occupational safety hazard (OSH) vulnerability of young workers
2.Occupational safety health (OSH) vulnerability of young workers
3.Occupational safety health (OSH) vulnerability of female workers
4.Occupational safety health (OSH) vulnerability of industry workers
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Occupational safety health (OSH) vulnerability of young workers
The World Day for Safety and Health at Work is observed every year on 28th April to promote safe, healthy and decent work. It has been observed by the International Labour Organization (ILO) since 2003. The theme for World Day for Safety and Health at Work 2018 is: Occupational safety health (OSH) vulnerability of young workers.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Director General and headquarters of International Labour Organization (ILO)?Director General – Guy Ryder; Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
- Who is the Chairman of Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) headquartered in New Delhi?Dr. S Christopher
- Where is Mitiyala Wildlife Sanctuary located?Gujarat
- What is the tagline of Indian Bank?Your Tech- Friendly Bank
- Who is the Chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI) headquartered in New Delhi?Dr. Guruprasad Mohapatra
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification