Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- Which among the following is NOT a key provision of HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Control) Bill, 2017, passed by Parliament on April 11, 2017?
A.The bill prohibits discrimination towards HIV positive persons in areas of education, jobs, healthcare treatment, availing insurance, holding public/private office and residing or renting a property
B.Practice of conducting HIV test before recruiting for a job, giving admission in educational institution or providing health care facility has been prohibited.
C.Providing 5% reservation for HIV positive persons in all Govt. Jobs
D.Affected person’s informed consent has to be sought before disclosing his/her HIV status.
Answer – C.Providing 5% reservation for HIV positive persons in all Govt. Jobs
On April 11, 2017, Parliament passed Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) (Prevention and Control) Bill, 2017 to ensure equality for HIV positive persons in spheres of education, employment and treatment. This Bill was already passed by Rajya Sabha on March 21, 2017.
- Which among the following scheme has been stalled by Uttar Pradesh State Govt.?
A.Samajwadi Pension Scheme
B.Samajwadi Kisan Sahayta Scheme
C.Samajwadi Bal Saaksharta Scheme
D.Samajwadi Gram Ujala Scheme
Answer – A. Samajwadi Pension Scheme
The Uttar Pradesh State Govt., headed by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has stalled the Samajwadi Pension Scheme of the previous Samajwadi Party Govt. under Akhilesh Yadav. He has ordered the officials to conduct a detailed review of this scheme to ascertain whether the beneficiaries are deserving candidates fulfilling the eligibility criterion.
- Which among the following has emerged as the cleanest ports among Indian ports on sanitation parameters?
Answer – C. Haldia Port
The Haldia Port of West Bengal has emerged as the cleanest port among Indian ports on sanitation parameters. The ranking of all the 13 Indian ports was conducted by the Quality Council of India. Haldia and Vizag ports received the first and the second rank.
- Usage of Malayalam as official language has been made compulsory in all government offices in Kerala from:
A.August 1, 2017
B.July 1, 2017
C.June 1, 2017
D.May 1, 2017
Answer – D. May 1, 2017
This law would be applicable in government institutions, public sector undertakings and self-governing institution in the cooperative sector. Besides, Kerala government has announced to make Malayalam language mandatory in all schools in the state.
- On April 11, 2017, Chief Minister of which state announced a phased ban on liquor in the state?
Answer – A. Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh imposed liquor ban in Chhattisgarh after his meeting with Bihar Chief minister Nitish Kumar. He will first impose a ban on villages which has a population of more than 3000.
- A ministerial conference of G20 ministers in charge of digitalisation was held on 6th and 7thApril, 2017 in:
Answer – C.Dusseldorf, Germany
This was the first such meeting of G20 ministers responsible for digitalisation. They have issued a declaration on ‘Shaping Digitalisation for an Interconnected World’, which lays out priorities and course of action.
- The 100th Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi’s Sabarmati Ashram was celebrated in _______to retell Gandhi’s story with some interesting visual elements to the Internet generation
A.New York, US
B.Durban, South Africa
Answer – C. London, UK
‘Sabarmati Ashram: The Home of Gandhi’s Experiments with Truth’ was screened at the Nehru centre. It is written and produced by senior NRI journalist Vijay Rana. The film was about how Gandhi set up this ashram in 1917 on the banks of Sabarmati River.
- As per a report published by Amnesty International, which country executed the most people in year 2016?
Answer – D. China
Amnesty‘s East Asia Director, Nicholas Bequelin stated that china has refused to release the number of execution but is believed to execute many thousands of people every year. According to the report, the total number of executions happened worldwide had dropped by 37 percent compared to 2015. For the first time in a decade, the United States was not included in the top five countries on the list.
- NBFC Manappuram Finance has launched its own prepaid cards in tie-up with which private sector bank?
Answer – A. Yes Bank
The company will issue the prepaid cards for 20 lakh customers. It will also link their existing gold loan accounts to the card. This card can be pre-loaded up to a maximum amount of Rs.50,000 and then be used to withdraw money from all ATMs.
- Which entity has joined hands with the State Bank of Indiato promote cashless transactions like ‘SBI buddy e-wallet’ and POS machines?
B.Department of Post
C.National Stock Exchange of India
D.Bombay Stock Exchange
Answer – B. Department of Post
PK Swain, Chief Postmaster General, Punjab Circle and Anil Kishora, Chief General Manager, SBI, Chandigarh dedicated SBI buddy e-wallet and SBI POS machines at Chandigarh General Post Office for the general public.
- Which company has bagged a major order of 2 MWp Roof Top SPV System to be installed at Diesel Locomotive Modernisation Works (DMW), Patiala?
Answer – C. BHEL
The contract was signed between BHEL & IROAF (Indian Railways Organisation for Alternate Fuels) in the presence of Amitabh Mathur, Director (IS&P), of BHEL and Ravinder Gupta, CAO of IROAF. The 2 MW SPV RTS is expected to be installed within 9 months.
- Nokia has signed Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with which Indian telecom companies to bring 5G network in India?
A.Idea and BSNL
B.Airtel and BSNL
C.Idea and Airtel
D.Vodafone and Airtel
Answer – B. Airtel and BSNL
Nokia has signed memorandum of understandings (MoUs) with Indian telecom giants Airtel and BSNL. Nokia during the Mobile World Congress 2017 had stated that it would expand their collaborative technology partnership to work on 5G technology standard and management of connected devices.
- India has signed a joint statement on the launch of Joint feasibility study on the bilateral free trade agreement with which country?
Answer –D. Georgia
The agreement was signed between the ministry of Economy and sustainable development of Georgia Giorgi Gakharia and the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Nirmala Sitharaman in New Delhi. The joint statement was signed to promote economic, trade and investment relations between the two countries.
- Who among the following has been conferred Young Scientist Award 2016 as part of National Geoscience Awards 2016?
A.Dr. Abhishek Saha
B.Dr. Avinash Khosla
C.Dr. Asif Sheikh
D.Dr. Rohit Sen
Answer – A.Dr. Abhishek Saha
On April 12, 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee conferred National Geoscience Awards 2016 on 27 bright Geo-scientists of India. The awards were conferred at a ceremony held in Rashtrapati Bhawan. The National Geoscience Awards 2016 comprises one Young Scientist Award and 16 individual/team awards in 11 fields of geosciences.
- SCOPE Excellence Awards are presented for:
A.Excellence and Outstanding contribution in the field of Medical Science
B.Excellence and Outstanding contribution in the field of Journalism
C.Excellence and Outstanding Contribution to the Public Sector Management
D.Excellence and Outstanding Contribution in the field of Computer Science
Answer – C.Excellence and Outstanding Contribution to the Public Sector Management
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee presented the Standing Conference of Public Enterprises (SCOPE) Awards at the 8th Public Sector Day function held in New Delhi on April 11, 2017.
- Which American actress has been appointed as Goodwill Ambassador of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?
Answer – B. Kristin Davis
UNHCR Goodwill Ambassadors are celebrity representatives of the office of the UN High Commissioner for refugees who use their talent and fame for supporting refugees. Kristin Davis has partnered with the UN for 3 years.
- Who among the following have been appointed by the Government as Managing Directors of Life Insurance Corporation of India?
A.B Venugopal and Sunita Sharma
B.B Venugopal and Radhika Kesarkar
C.N Radhakrishnan and Radhika Kesarkar
D.N Radhakrishan and Sunita Sharma
Answer – A.B Venugopal and Sunita Sharma
B Venugopal and Sunita Sharma have been appointed by the Government as Managing Directors to the nation’s largest financial powerhouse LIC for a period of nearly two years. Now LIC has four MDs including Usha Sangwan and Hemant Bhargava.
- Which Indian Cricketer has been appointed as an ambassador for the ICC Champions Trophy which is scheduled to be held from June 1, 2017 in UK?
Answer – B. Harbhajan Singh
Hrbhajan Singh is among the eights cricketers who have been appointed as ambassadors for the ICC Champions Trophy. The eight cricketers will be part of an ICC editorial team and will provide match previews and match analysis through exclusive columns which will be available on the ICC website.
- Mining major Vedanta Resources have recently merged its which of the following subsidiaries?
C.Twin Star International ltd.
D.Konkola Copper Mines
Answer – A. Cairn India
Natural resources major Vedanta Ltd. merger with subsidiary energy firm Cairn India has become effective. Under the merger scheme, shareholders of Cairn India will receive for each equity share held one equity share in Vedanta of face value of Rs 1 each and four 7.5 per cent redeemable preference share in Vedanta with a face value of Rs 10 each.
- Which state govt. has launched ‘e-sewa’ mobile app to provide information about various welfare schemes?
Answer – D. Haryana
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has launched a mobile application named ‘e-Sewa’ to provide information about more than 250 schemes and programmes of 30 different departments. The Deputy Commissioner of Ambala, Prabhjot Singh’s team has developed the ‘e-Sewa’ app.
- Which mobile application has been launched by Power Minister Piyush Goyal that allows consumers to exchange real-time information with electricity distribution companies (discoms) on power supply?
Answer – C. Urja Mitra
Through this app, consumer can view outages across the country, as well as lodge complaints on outages in their area. Consumers will get prior intimation on expected duration and cause of scheduled outages. Along with Urja Mitra app, a rural feeder monitoring scheme was also launched to track the quality of power supply in rural areas.
- Which state govt. has unveiled a mobile app “Suraksha” and a fleet of “Pink Patrol” vehicles for women’s safety?
Answer – D. Karnataka
Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah launched a Mobile App ‘Suraksha’ for the safety of women. The app can be downloaded free on smartphones. It will help women in distress to alert police for help. The police have identified various places like colleges, offices, temples, shopping malls, and theatres where Pink Hoysalas will be placed.
- Which three countries have launched a joint bid to co-host FIFA World Cup 2026?
A.US, Canada and Argentina
B.US, Canada and Mexico
C.US, Argentina and Mexico
D.Canada, Argentina and Mexico
Answer – B. US, Canada and Mexico
United States, Canada and Mexico have declared their intention to formally submit a unified bid to host the 2026 FIFA World Cup. The 2026 FIFA World Cup will be the first with the expanded 48-team format, requiring facilities and infrastructure that these countries are uniquely suited to fulfill.
- The Indian School team beat _______ to lift the title at the Fifth Asian School Hockey Championship
Answer – D.Malaysia
The Indian School team beat Malaysia 5-1 to lift the title at the Fifth Asian School Hockey Championship in Bhopal at the Aishbagh Stadium. Indian Alishan Mohammad scored 2 goals and converted a penalty corner and a penalty stroke in the goal.
- The president of the Badminton Association of India and Congress leader _________, passed away on April 12, 2017
A.Satyam Das Gupta
B.Kishor Das Gupta
C.Shyamal Das Gupta
D.Akhilesh Das Gupta
Answer – D.Akhilesh Das Gupta
Fifty-six-year-old Akhilesh Das Gupta, the son of former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Banarasi Das Gupta, was a former national level badminton player. He was a three-time Rajya Sabha member and the minister of steel in the Manmohan Singh government between 2004 and 2009.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Hope in a challenged democracy: An Indian narrative’?
A.Dr Pramod Saxena
B.Dr Ashwani Kumar
C.Dr. Rakesh Munshi
D.Dr. Shailesh Purohit
Answer – B.Dr Ashwani Kumar
Eminent writer Dr Ashwani Kumar has launched his second book ‘Hope in a Challenged Democracy An Indian Narrative ‘ in New Delhi on April 10, 2017. Hamid Ansari, Vice President of India has received the first copy of the book from the former Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh in the presence of former Chief Justice of India, Justice M.N. Venkatachaliah.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Matoshree’, which was recently released by PM Narendra Modi?
A.Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh
B.Union Textiles Minister, Smriti Iran
C.Lok Sabha Speaker, Sumitra Mahajan
D.President of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Amit Shah
Answer – C.Lok Sabha Speaker, Sumitra Mahajan
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a book title ‘Matoshree’ authored by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan on April 11, 2017. The book ‘Matoshree’ covers the life and times of legendary Devi Ahilyabai Holker who ruled the Holkar Empire spread over the Malwa region from 1767 to 1795.
- ‘International Day of Human Space Flight’ is celebrated on which date every year?
Answer – D. 12th April
Every year, 12th April is celebrated as International Day of Human Space Flight to mark the day when the first human space flight was carried out by Yuri Gagarin on 12 April, 1961. On April 7, 2011, the day was proclaimed by the UN at the 65th session of the United Nations General Assembly.