AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 & 31 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- To safeguard nutrition level in children, the Union Government approved Direct Benefit Transfer under Mid-Day-Meal (MDM) Scheme.
Identify the points that are correctly related to MDM scheme:
A) MDM is a Centrally sponsored scheme launched in 1995
B) Costs are shared between the GoI and states (excluding North-Eastern region) in a 60:40 sharing pattern
C) Rs. 1000 will be paid as onetime benefit to Class 1-8 students, who study in Government and Government aided schools across India.
1) Only B
2) Only A & C
3) Only C
4) Only B & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-5) Only A & B
The Union Government approved the proposal to provide monetary assistance to 11.8 Crore students through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) of the cooking cost component of the Mid-Day-Meal Scheme (MDM). INR 1200 Crore has been allocated to State Governments/UT for this purpose.
i.Rs 100 will be paid as a One-time welfare measure to Class 1-8 students, who study in Government and Government aided schools across India.
ii.MDM is a Centrally sponsored school meal programme launched in 1995.
iii.Costs are shared between the GoI and states in a 60:40 sharing pattern. For Union Territories (UTs), the 100% cost is borne by GoI. The sharing ratio is 90:10 for the North-Eastern (NER) states and the Himalayan states.
- Which organisation conducts the war games “Steadfast Defender 21” in May 2021?
1) Association of Southeast Asian Nations
2) Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
3) North Atlantic Treaty Organization
4) Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
5) South Asian Association for Regional CooperationAnswer-3) North Atlantic Treaty Organization
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) is conducting War Games ‘Steadfast Defender 21’ from May-June 2021. Majority of the exercise will take place in Germany, Portugal and Romania.
i.The Forces will be deployed across land and sea from North America to the Black Sea region and off the coast of Portugal.
ii.NATO was formed on 4 April, 1949 between 30 European and North American countries.
- Name the company that launched a 1st of its kind Crypto-based lending platform in India under its cryptocurrency exchange.
5) ZebPayAnswer-5) ZebPay
In May 2021, ZebPay launched India’s 1st lending platform under the cryptocurrency exchange for the investors to invest their coins and earn returns (interest). Currently the exchange will support the bitcoin (BTC), ether (ETH), tether (USDT) and dai (DAI) tokens.
- On Which Bank, RBI imposed a penalty of Rs. 10 crores (in May’21) for irregularities in the bank auto loan portfolio?
1) ICICI Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) CitibankAnswer-4) HDFC Bank
RBI imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 10 crore on HDFC Bank Limited, after finding irregularities with the HDFC bank’s auto loan portfolio. RBI found contravention of provisions of section 6(2) and section 8 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- Who became the 1st Indian to win the Rudolf V Schindler Award from the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) in 2021?
1) Dr. Randeep Guleria
2) Dr. D Nageshwar Reddy
3) Balram Bhargava
4) Dr. Milind Shirodkar
5) Soumya SwaminathanAnswer-2) Dr. D Nageshwar Reddy
The American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) has honoured Dr Duvvur(D) Nageshwar Reddy with the renowned Rudolf V Schindler Award 2021. He is the 1st Indian medical practitioner to win this award. He won the award for his work in the field of endoscopy.
i.Dr D Nageshwar Reddy received Padma Bhushan award in 2016.
ii.He is the Chairman and founder of Asian Institute of Gastroenterology (AIG)
- ___________________ received the International Dublin Literary Award 2021 for the novel ___________________
1) Louise Glück; The Wild Iris
2) Douglas Stuart; Shuggie Bain
3) Marieke Lucas Rijneveld; The Discomfort of Evening
4) Valeria Luiselli; Lost Children Archive
5) Zakiya Dalila Harris; The Other Black GirlAnswer-4) Valeria Luiselli; Lost Children Archive
Mexican author Valeria Luiselli won the International Dublin Literary Award 2021 for her novel, Lost Children Archive.
i.The International Dublin Literary Award was established in 1994, and considered as one of the highest literary awards in the world.
- In May 2021, International Astronomical Union (IAU) gave approval for ____ features in Moon to be named after _________ dignitaries
1) 8; USA
2) 5; China
3) 8; China
4) 12; USA
5) 5; USAAnswer-3) 8; China
In May 2021, International Astronomical Union (IAU)’s Working Group for Planetary System Nomenclature (WGPSN) gave approval for naming 8 features in the Moon with Chinese names around the location where China’s Chang’e-5 Spacecraft landed in December 2020.
i.Chang’e-5 brought back fresh Lunar samples to Earth, which was previously bought 40-years back by the USA’s 1969 Apollo 11 Mission.
- Which Indian institute along with Australia’s Monash University developed “FakeBuster” a unique software to detect face manipulations?
1) IISc Bangalore
2) IIT Madras
3) NIT Trichy
4) IIT Ropar
5) NIT WarangalAnswer-4) IIT Ropar
IIT Ropar, Punjab and Monash University, Australia have developed a unique detector called ‘FakeBuster’ using DeepFake detection technology to detect imposters attending a virtual conference without anybody’s knowledge.
- In May 2021, Poul Schlueter, a key personality in the European Union Treaty passed away. He was the former Prime Minister of which country?
5) HungaryAnswer-2) Denmark
Former Denmark’s prime minister Poul Schlueter, who negotiated exemptions for his country to a key European Union(EU) treaty has passed away.
He was the longest-serving Danish prime minister for over a decade from 1982 to 1993, since World War II.
- Annually, International Day of UN Peacekeepers is observed by the UN on ___________, where India’s ___________ was honoured with the Dag Hammarskjold Medal
1) 27th May; Corporal Yuvraj Singh
2) 28th May; T. S. Tirumurti
3) 28th May; Corporal Yuvraj Singh
4) 29th May; T. S. Tirumurti
5) 29th May; Corporal Yuvraj SinghAnswer-5) 29th May; Corporal Yuvraj Singh
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of UN Peacekeepers is annually observed across the globe on 29th May to pay tribute to the uniformed and civilian personnel contribution towards the UN
i.Theme of 2021 – “The road to a lasting peace: Leveraging the power of youth for peace and security”
ii.3 Indian peacekeepers – Corporal Yuvraj Singh who served with UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) and 2 civilian peacekeepers Ivan Michael Picardo and Mulchand Yadav – were honoured with the Dag Hammarskjold Medal