AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Ministry recently (in June’21) signed an MoU with the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways to develop seaplane services in India?
1) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
2) Ministry of Planning
3) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
4) Ministry of Civil Aviation
5) Ministry of TourismAnswer-4) Ministry of Civil Aviation
The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways & Ministry of Civil Aviation signed an MoU for development of Seaplane services in India. The agreement will help in development of new water aerodromes & also operationalization of new seaplane routes in India.
The MoU will help in developing Seaplane services within territorial jurisdiction of India under RCS-UDAN scheme
- As per the ‘SIPRI Yearbook 2021’ released by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), that provides details of the Nuclear warheads possessed by the ____ Nuclear armed countries, Indian nuclear warhead counts are just behind that of ________.
1) 7; Israel
2) 9; Pakistan
3) 12; Israel
4) 7; Pakistan
5) 9; IsraelAnswer-2) 9; Pakistan
The ‘SIPRI Yearbook 2021 (52nd Edition)’ released by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) states that India, Pakistan & China are expanding their Nuclear arsenals.
i.At the start of 2021, India with 156 Nuclear warheads (at the start of 2021) is behind Pakistan (165 Nuclear warheads) & China (350 warheads). While Israel has only 90 Nuclear warheads
ii.The 9 nuclear armed states in the world – US, Russia, UK, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and North Korea
- What is India’s Gross Domestic Expenditure on Research & Development (GERD) as per ‘UNESCO Science Report 2021: The race against time for smarter development’?
5) 0.7%Answer-5) 0.7%
The ‘UNESCO Science Report 2021: The race against time for smarter development’ released by UNESCO, states that India’s Investment in Research remains unsatisfactory. India’s Gross Domestic Expenditure on Research & Development (GERD) remained at 0.7% of the GDP for several years.
- Which country received Line of Credit worth USD 108.28 million (in June’21) from Indian government for constructing its New Parliament Building?
5) NepalAnswer-1) Eswatini
Government of India (GoI) extended its 4th Line of Credit (LOC) worth USD 108.28 million to Eswatini (formerly Swaziland) for construction of their new Parliament building.
It is Africa’s smallest country.
Capitals– Mbabane, Lobamba
Currency– Swazi lilangeni (SZL)
- Who will be benefited through “ICICI STACK”, a 1st of its kind digital banking solution initiative by ICICI Bank?
1) Frontline Workers
2) MSME Sector
3) Indian Importers & Exporters
5) Foreign Portfolio InvestorsAnswer-4) Corporates
ICICI Bank launched a first-of-its-kind initiative, a comprehensive set of digital banking solutions named – ICICI STACK for corporates and their entire ecosystem including promoters, group companies, employees, dealers, vendors and all other stakeholders.
About ICICI Bank:
ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) Bank
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD& CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline – Hum hai na, Khayal Apka
- Who recently (in June’21) became a member of the Board of Securities and Exchange Board of India?
1) Anand Mohan Bajaj
2) Ajay Seth
3) T V Somanathan
4) G R Surya Kumar
5) Tarun BajajAnswer-1) Anand Mohan Bajaj
Anand Mohan Bajaj, Additional Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) has been appointed as Member of the Board of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) by the Government of India.
Establishment – April 12, 1992
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman – Ajay Tyagi
- Which country is planning to conduct the human space mission-‘Shenzhou-12’?
5) South KoreaAnswer-1) China
China is all set to blast off its first human spaceflight since 2016 namely ‘Shenzhou-12’ which means ‘Divine Vessel’. It will be launched from Gobi Desert on a Long March rocket in the coming days with three men onboard.
- _____________ designed the World’s 1st Wooden Satellite “WISA Woodsat” that will be launched by European Space Agency from ____________.
1) France; New Zealand
2) Italy; France
3) Finland; New Zealand
4) Finland; Belgium
5) Belgium; ItalyAnswer-3) Finland; New Zealand
European Space Agency (ESA) will launch the world’s first wooden satellite, WISA Woodsat, designed and built in Finland, on Earth’s orbit by the end of 2021. It will be launched on a Rocket Lab’s Electron rocket from the Mahia Peninsula launch complex in New Zealand.
Headquarter– Paris, France
- Annually, 15th June is observed as ________ Dengue Day, while in India __________ is annually observed as the National Dengue Day
1) Global; 16th May
2) ASEAN; 8th March
3) G20; 8th March
4) ASEAN; 16th May
5) G20; 16th MayAnswer-4) ASEAN; 16th May
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) annually celebrates the ASEAN Dengue Day on 15th June to create awareness on dengue prevention and control at the regional and National level.
i.Theme – “ASEAN Unite Against Dengue Amidst the Pandemic”
ii.Annually India observes the National Dengue Day on 16th May
iii.Dengue is a mosquito-borne viral infection, transmitted by Aedes Mosquitoes
- What is the Maximum Transaction Limit through IMPS service?
1) Rs 1 lakh/day
2) Rs 5 lakh/day
3) Rs 50,000/day
4) Rs 25,000/day
5) Rs 2 lakh/dayAnswer-5) Rs 2 lakh/day
Maximum Transaction limit for IMPS (Immediate Payment Service Bank) is Rs 2 lakh/day and for bank to bank transactions above Rs. 2 lakhs, Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) is preferred.