AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Indian Railways has set up India’s 1st Centralized Air-Conditioned Railway Terminal at ‘Sir M Visvesvaraya Terminal’. Where is the rail terminal located?
1) Bangalore, Karnataka
2) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3) Pune, Maharashtra
4) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
5) Bhubaneswar, OdishaAnswer-1) Bangalore, Karnataka
‘Sir M Visvesvaraya Terminal’ – India’s 1st Centralized Air-Conditioned Railway Terminal at Baiyappanahalli in Bengaluru, Karnataka is set to become operational soon. It is being developed by the Indian Railways at a cost INR 314 Crore and has been named after one of India’s 1st Civil Engineers, Bharat Ratna Sir M Visvesvaraya.
About Indian Railways:
CEO – Suneet Sharma
Head Office – New Delhi
- Which Airport inaugurated India’s 1st dedicated Express Cargo Terminal, exclusively for export and import of international couriers?
1) Kempegowda International Airport
2) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
3) Indira Gandhi International Airport
4) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
5) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International AirportAnswer-1) Kempegowda International Airport
India’s 1st dedicated Express Cargo Terminal, exclusively for export and import of international couriers was inaugurated in Kempegowda International Airport, Bangalore. The 2,00,000 sq.ft Export Cargo Terminal will also accommodate international courier organisations like DHL Express & FedEx Express, under the Common-User Express Terminal that will be operated by Express Industry Council of India (EICI).
· It is also India’s 1st airport to get an Aviation Weather Monitoring System (AWMS) at both ends of the runway.
- Which state celebrated (in Mar’21) the 3-day-long ‘Kalanamak rice festival’?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-5) Uttar Pradesh
On March 13, 2021, Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath launched a 3-day-long ‘Kalanamak rice festival’ in Siddharth Nagar under one district – one product scheme of the state government. Previously, the rice was declared under the One District One Product (ODOP) scheme for UP’s Siddharth Nagar in 2018.
· Kalanamak is one of the finest varieties of aromatic rice, it is also called “Buddha Rice”.
- Indian Railways launched a unique helpline number _______ as ‘Rail Madad’ Helpline, integrating all railway helplines.
5) 181Answer-3) 139
Indian Railways has integrated all railway helplines into a single number ‘139’, which is now the main ‘Rail Madad’ Helpline, for quick grievance redressal and enquiry mechanism during train journeys for passengers.
Other Important Toll Free Numbers:
1075 – Covid -19 Helpline
1091 – Women’s Helpline
181 – Women’s Helpline (Domestic Violence)
112 – National Emergency Number
- Who was appointed (in Mar’21) as the Director and Chief Executive of the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER)?
1) Amartya Sen
2) Deepak Mishra
3) Arvind Panagariya
4) Kaushik Basu
5) Rajat KathuriaAnswer-2) Deepak Mishra
On 13th March 2021, Deepak Mishra the lead Economist and Practice Manager at the World Bank was appointed as the new Director and Chief Executive of the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations(ICRIER), the economic think Tank of India. Deepak Mishra will take over as the Director and Chief Executive from Rajat Kathuria, who has been serving as the Director and Chief Executive of ICRIER since 1st September 2012.
- Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) reconstituted (in Mar’21) an Advisory Committee headed by Union Minister for Culture, towards a Multidisciplinary Study on River ___________.
5) NarmadaAnswer-4) Sarasvati
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) released a notification stating that it has reconstituted an Advisory Committee for Multidisciplinary Study of the River Sarasvati (also known as Ghaggar-Hakra River). The Committee will be headed by Union Minister for Culture (Prahlad Singh Patel). Remote Sensing Imagery will be deployed for studying environmental changes, on the protohistoric era of River Sarasvati.
- Which is the World’s Most Powerful Supercomputer as per the Top500 list (as of Mar’21)?
4) PARAM-Siddhi AI
5) SierraAnswer-3) Fugaku
Japan’s “Fugaku” the World’s Most Powerful Supercomputer that topped the Top500 list for 2 consecutive years is now fully operational. The supercomputer that was developed for 6 years by Japanese scientific research institute RIKEN and Fujitsu was used in projects to combat COVID-19 pandemic. This will work towards the Japanese government’s vision of an ultra-smart Society 5.0.
· “PARAM-Siddhi AI” is India’s fastest Supercomputer.
- Who is the 1st Indian Fencer to qualify for an Olympics?
1) Rajeev Mehta
2) Bhavani Devi
3) Gisho Nidhi Kumaresan Padma
4) Kabita Devi
5) Laishram Sarita DeviAnswer-2) Bhavani Devi
Fencer, Bhavani Devi, who hails from Tamil Nadu became the 1st ever Indian Fencer to qualify for an Olympics. She was assured of qualification for the 2021 Tokyo Olympics through the Adjusted Official Ranking (AOR) Method. She is ranked 45th & occupies one of the two available slots for Asia-Oceania region based on World Rankings.
· Headquarters of International Fencing Federation (FIE) – Lausanne, Switzerland
- Padma Bhushan awardee, Laxman Pai India’s renowned __________ passed away in March 2021.
1) Theater Artist
2) Kathakali Dancer
5) Carnatic SingerAnswer-3) Painter
On March 14,2021, Padma Bhushan recipient and India’s renowned painter, Laxman Pai passed away at the age of 95. He is also the former principal of the Goa College of Art. He received the third highest civilian honour of Padma Bhushan award in 2018.
- When is the World Consumer Rights Day annually celebrated?
1) 13th March
2) 15th March
3) 16th March
4) 12th March
5) 14th MarchAnswer-2) 15th March
World Consumer Rights Day is annually celebrated across the globe on 15th March to highlight the power of consumers and their rights for a fair, safe and sustainable marketplace for everyone.
The theme of World Consumer Rights Day 2021 is “Tackling Plastic Pollution”.
The campaign under “tackling plastic pollution” will create awareness and encourage consumers across the globe to adopt and promote sustainable practices.