AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 16 February 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In which city, Boeing has recently (in Feb ‘2023) launched its 1st Global Support Center in India?
5) JodhpurAnswer-4) Gurugram
On February 13, 2022, The Boeing Company, an aerospace company based in the United States of America(USA), launched its first Global Support Center (GSC) in India at Gurugram,Haryana.
i.Indian civil aviation sector is all set to become the world’s third largest passenger market after the U.S. and China.
ii.Currently, India operates a fleet of Boeing aircraft, including 11 C-17s, 22 AH-64 Apaches (with an additional 6 on order), 15 CH-47 Chinooks, 12 P-8Is, 3 VVIP aircraft, and 2 Head of State aircraft.
iii.Seven teams comprising university students and early stage start-up entrepreneurs became the winners of Boeing University Innovation Leadership Development (BUILD) program 2022-23.
- Which Municipal Corporation has recently (in Feb ‘2023) partnered with TheGreenBillions Limited(TGBL) to set up India’s first solid waste-to-hydrogen plant?
1) Vijayawada Municipal Corporation
2) Nellore Municipal Corporation
3) Pune Municipal Corporation
4) Thane Municipal Corporation
5) Ichalkaranji Municipal CorporationAnswer-3) Pune Municipal Corporation
Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), has partnered with TheGreenBillions Limited(TGBL), to set up India’s first solid waste-to-hydrogen plant in Hadapsar Industrial Estate in Pune, Maharashtra, at an investment of Rs 350 crore.
i.Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL), a Mini Ratna enterprise under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting(MIB), will provide project management consulting and Variate Pune Waste to Energy Pvt Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of TGBL, will implement the project of converting Pune’s municipal non-recyclable waste into hydrogen.
- Name the operation under which the Indian Army recently (in Feb ‘2023) carried out a number of welfare activities in Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir.
2) Calm Down
4) Good Samaritan
5) Randori BehakAnswer-1) Sadbhavana
The Indian Army is undertaking multiple welfare activities such as the running of Army Goodwill Schools, Infrastructure Development Projects & Education Tours etc, for the children living in remote areas of the Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) as part of ‘Operation SADBHAVANA’.
i.In Ladakh, the Indian Army is now operating 7 Army Goodwill Schools (AGS) under “Operation Sadbhavana” to improve the standard of education and provide students with a quality education.
- According to the World Meteorological Department (WMO) (as of Feb ‘23), Global mean sea level rose by __________ per year during the period 2013-22.
1) 1.3 millimeters
2) 1.9 millimeters
3) 3.7 millimeters
4) 2.2 millimeters
5) 4.5 millimetersAnswer-5) 4.5 millimeters
According to the World Meteorological Department (WMO), Global mean sea level rose by 4.5 millimeters (mm) per year during the period 2013-22. WMO stated that Human influence played a major role in the increases in sea levels since 1971.
i.According to WMO’s report, major cities across all continents such as Mumbai, Shanghai, Dhaka, Bangkok, Jakarta, Maputo, Lagos, Cairo, London, Copenhagen, New York, Los Angeles, Buenos Aires and Santiago, are threatened due to increasing sea level.
- Which Indian regulatory body has recently (in Feb ‘2023) launched its 2nd global hackathon ‘HARBINGER 2023’?
1) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) Medical Council of India
4) Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority of India
5) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural DevelopmentAnswer-2) Reserve Bank of India
On February 14, 2023, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) launched its 2nd global hackathon ‘HARBINGER 2023 – Innovation for Transformation’ on the theme ‘Inclusive Digital Services’.
i.The first hackathon was announced in November 2021 and results were declared in June 2022. It had received 363 proposals submitted by teams from within India and from 22 other countries including the US, UK, Sweden, Singapore, Philippines, and Israel.
- Name the first company in India that recently (in Feb ‘2023) launched the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) transactions for foreign nationals visiting India.
3) Orient Exchange
5) NiumAnswer-1) EbixCash
EbixCash World Money Limited, a subsidiary of US-based Ebix Inc, became the first company in India to launch Unified Payments Interface (UPI) transactions for foreign nationals visiting India.
i.In January 2023, the NPCI approved UPI transactions for non-resident bank accounts such as Non-Resident External (NRE) and Non-Resident Ordinary (NRO) linked to international mobile numbers.
ii.Initially, transactions from mobile numbers of Non-resident Indians (NRIs) from 10 countries would be allowed: Singapore, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Oman, Qatar, the United States of America (USA), Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and the United Kingdom (UK)
- Which of the following countries was/were recently (in Feb ‘2023) qualified for the 2026 FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) world cup?
1) United States
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) Both 1, 2 & 3
The Men’s National Football team of the United States (US), along with those of Mexico and Canada, will automatically qualify for the 2026 FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) World Cup final round. The 3 countries won the right to host the World Cup in a united North American bid.
i. It is the 1st time FIFA has had to set aside three host bids. The tournament is set to expand from 32 teams to 48 in 2026.
ii.Saudi Arabia has been named the host of the FIFA Club World Cup 2023, scheduled to take place from 12-22 December 2023.
- When was International Childhood Cancer Day (ICCD) 2023 observed across the globe?
1) February 11
2) February 12
3) February 13
4) February 14
5) February 15Answer-5) February 15
International Childhood Cancer Day (ICCD) is annually observed across the globe on February 15 to raise awareness about childhood cancer and to express support for children and adolescents who have the disease, the survivors, and their families.
The primary message or theme of International Childhood Cancer Day 2023 is ‘Better Survival’ is achievable #throughtheirhands.
- Which state Government has recently (in Feb ‘2023) signed an MoU with Renault-Nissan to Invest Rs. 5,300 Crore?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) KeralaAnswer-4) Tamil Nadu
Renault and Nissan, two of the leading manufacturers of automobiles, made an agreement with the Tamil Nadu (TN) government for Rs. 5,300 crore (USD 600 million).
i.In accordance with the agreement, the Renault-Nissan alliance would collaborate together on six new vehicles, including two new completely electric vehicles, for domestic and international customers from their base in Chennai.
ii.A total of four new C-segment sport utility vehicles (SUVs) will be among them. Renault and Nissan will launch two new A-segment electric vehicles in India.
- The drone startup Garuda Aerospace Private Limited has recently (in Feb ‘2023) unveiled ______________, a solar-powered unmanned reconnaissance J-Glider, at Aero India 2023.
4) UAV Panchi
5) SurajAnswer-5) Suraj
On 15th February 2023, drone startup Garuda Aerospace Private Limited unveiled its “SURAJ”, a solar-powered unmanned reconnaissance J-Glider, at Aero India 2023, which is being held from 13th to 17th February at the Air Force Station, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
i.SURAJ, an Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) high-altitude drone. The 1:1 prototype of SURAJ will be ready to fly by August 2023.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification