The Centre launched a training programme for Women Panchayat leaders to skill and administers them so that they can give special emphasis on efficient usage of funds for achieving their overall development.
- The objective of launching this training programme is to bring awareness of the laws and rights of women under Constitution of India.
- The National Commission for Women (NCW) with the help of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, has developed training modules for empowering these elected women.
- To build the confidence of the women representatives in dealing with the daily functioning of the panchayats.
- They will get training under experts from the National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD and PR) in Hyderabad.
- During the programme, Union Ministers Maneka Gandhi and Narendra Singh Tomar interacted with select women village heads from Jhakhand through video conferencing and requested them to take keen interest in learning about various development schemes of the government.
- The main focus of this scheme is to learn how funds are allocated for various development programmes.
- How to utilized money efficiently for a particular panchayat and how to ensure the quality of the assets.
- It would ensure that women representatives do not have to depend on male representatives in running the panchayats.
- This scheme is launched by seeing the challenges faced by women panchayat representatives and the day to day problems faced by them.
Maneka Gandhi suggested women panchayat representatives to get an overall idea on how houses and sanitation infrastructures are constructed (Tiolets, drains)
- To ensure that there will be no trafficking of women.
- To ensure how to spend the money allocated for various projects.
- To be aware of how many girls in your area attending school
- To figure out why girl students are dropping out and look for a solution.
- To provide special focus on women education in villages.
- Opening of accounts is must for women so that no one can cheat them.
- To use cashless modes of payment including the Bhim app.
- To form a WhataApp groups to discuss and share among themselves their experiences and best practices along with achievements in order to boost each other.