BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) & Government of Maharashtra have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to spread awareness about listing among Small & Medium scale Enterprises (SMEs) of Maharashtra.
Objective – To spread awareness regarding listing of SMEs of Maharashtra in BSE.
Benefits of Listing
- The listing will help SMEs to raise capital from the public capital market.
- Stimulates liquidity & ready marketability of securities.
- Helps in getting Fair Price for the Securities.
- Improves Company’s visibility & Credibility besides ensuring transparency while conducting operations.
They can raise funds through Equity, Debt Instruments & Government Securities.
i.As part of the Agreement,
- BSE has agreed to provide intellectual & manpower support for creating awareness.
- Maharashtra Government will mobilize SME representative & state and regional association to encourage SME members to attend the capacity building programmes.
ii.BSE will provide Training & capacity building support to District Industries Centre Officials.
- It will collaborate with Industry Associations to conduct joint seminars for raising awareness about the benefits of listing.
- BSE will provide technical support to all MSME industries in Maharashtra regarding listing.
iii.BSE launched its SME platform in March, 2012.
- Around 331 companies have got listed on the platform by raising INR 3, 381 Crore.
- Out of 331, 95 companies have migrated to BSE Main Board.
- The Government of India is urging small businesses with AAA credit rating lists on stock exchanges to raise capital instead of bank debt.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 28, 2020, BSE signed an MoU with Yes Bank to empower the SMEs that are listed on the BSE through awareness and knowledge-sharing programmes.
Chairman (Public Interest Director) – Justice Vikramajit Sen
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra