Welcome to Banking Awareness Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important questions which are common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The oldest Stock Exchange of Asia is ______
A. Bombay Stock Exchange
B. Calcutta Stock Exchange
C. Tokyo Stock Exchange
D. Dhaka Stock Exchange
E. Afghanistan Stock ExchangeA. Bombay Stock Exchange
The Bombay Stock Exchange, popularly known as BSE, is the oldest one in Asia.
- Which of the following committees has given its recommendations on “Financial Inclusion”?
A. Malhotra Committee
B. Shivaraman Committee
C. Rangarajan Committee
D. Hilton Young Commission
E. None of theseC. Rangarajan Committee
Rangarajan Committee has given its recommendations on “Financial Inclusion”.
- Government of India holds how much % stake in NABARD?
E. None of theseC. 99%
Government of India holds how much 99% stake in NABARD.
- The Headquarters of DICGC is?
C. New Delhi
E. None of theseB. Mumbai
The Headquarters of DICGC is Mumbai
- Which of the following banks are insured by DICGC?
A. Local Area Banks
C. Commercial Banks
D. Foreign Banks in India
E. All of theseE. All of these
All commercial banks including branches of foreign banks functioning in India, local area banks and regional rural banks are insured by the DICGC.
- What is the authorised capital of Exim bank?
A. 100 Crore
B. 150 Crore
C. 200 Crore
D. 250 Crore
E. None of theseC. 200 Crore
The authorised capital of Exim bank is 200 crore.
- Open Market Operations of a central bank are sale and purchase of?
A. Foreign Currencies
B. Corporate Securities
C. Trade Bills
D. Government Securities
E. None of theseD. Government Securities
Open market operations (OMO) refers to the buying and selling of government securities in the open market in order to expand or contract the amount of money in the banking system, facilitated by the Federal Reserve (Fed).
- Insurance Services provided by various banks is commonly known as ______
A. Investment Banking
B. Portfolio Management
C. Micro Finance
E. None of theseD. Bancassurance
Bancassurance: The selling of life assurance and other insurance products and services by banking institutions.
- In the term STRIPS, the letter “S” denotes _____
E. SeparateE. Separate
STRIPS – Separate Trading of Registered Interest and Principal of Securities.
- SEBI was given additional statutory power by the GOI through an amendment to which act?
A. Negotiable Instruments Act 1881.
B. Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992
C. Reserve Bank of India Act 1934
D. Companies Act 1956
E. None of theseB. Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992
SEBI was given additional statutory power by the GOI through an amendment to Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992