Started with an offering of only RuPay card, now Kolkata headquartered Bandhan Bank has instigated an international debit card in association with Visa. It has also kicked off NRI banking services.
- The debit card service will be available worldwide but bank would offer NRI services only at select branches.
About Newly Launched Debit Card
This new debit card will be accepted globally at more than 30 million Visa merchants. The card will have two variants – Visa Classic and Visa Platinum.
- Daily cash withdrawal limit of Visa Classic Debit card holders will be Rs. 40,000 while Visa Platinum Debit Card holders will have Rs. 1, 00,000 daily cash withdrawal.
- The point of sale (PoS) transaction limits for Visa Classic Debit card holders will be at Rs 1, 00,000 and for Visa Platinum Debit Card holders will Rs 4, 00,000.
About Bandhan Bank
Bandhan Bank Ltd. was started as Bandhan, a micro-finance company in 2001. In 2014 it received banking license from RBI and in August 2015, its bank form was officially inaugurated.
- It operates across 27 Indian states through a network of 612 branches and 203 ATMs, catering to over 8 million customers.
- Kolkata-headquartered Bandhan is the first bank to be set up in eastern part of India after Independence.
- Chairman – Ashok Lahiri
- CEO – Chandra Shekhar Gosh