Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question samples from Percentage with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
Questions Penned by Yogit
- A reduction of 20% percent in the price of rice enables a housewife to buy 5 kg more for rupees 1200. The reduced price per kg of rice
e) None of theseAnswer – c) 48
let original price is x rupees per kg
1200/(4x/5) – 1200/x = 5
We will get x = 60, so reduced price = (4*60)/5 = 48
- The population of a village has increased annually at the rate of 20%. If at the end of 3 years it is 21600, the population in the beginning of the first year?
e) None of theseAnswer – b) 12500
21600 = P*(1 + 20/100)^3
- 12 percent of the voters in an election did not cast their votes. In this election there are only two candidates. The winner by obtaining 45% of the total votes and defeated his rival by 2000 votes. The total number of votes in the election
e) None of theseAnswer – c) 100000
12% percent didn’t cast their vote. 45% of total votes get by the winning candidates, so remaining 43% will be scored by his rival. So,
(45/100 -43/100)*P = 2000
P = 100000
- A number is first decreased by 25%. The decreased number is then increased by 20%. The resulting number is less than the original number by 40. Then the original number is –
e) None of theseAnswer – d) 400
Let the number is a
a – (75/100)*a*(120/100) = 40
we will get a = 400
- The number of seats in a cinema hall is decreased by 8% and also the price of the ticket is increased by 4 percent. What is the effect on the revenue collected?
a) increase 4.32%
b) decrease 4.32%
c) increase 3.32 percent
d) decrease 3.32%
e) None of theseAnswer – b) decrease 4.32%
Let initially seats are 100 and price of each seat is 100, so total initial revenue = 10000
now, seats are 92 and price of each seat = 104, so total revenue = 92*104 = 9568
so percent change in revenue = (432/10000)*100 = 4.32 decrease
- A man spends 60% of his income. His income is increased by 20% and his expenditure also increases by 10%. Find the percentage decrease in his saving?
e) None of theseAnswer – a) 10%
Let initially income is 100. So, expenditure = 60 and saving = 40
now income is increased by 20% i.e. 120. So, expenditure = (70/100)*120 = 84 and saving = 36
so % percent decrease in saving = (4/40)*100 = 10%
- Weights of two friends A and B are in the ratio of 1:2. A’s weight increases by 20% and the total weight of A and B together becomes 60 kg, with an increase of 30%. By what percent the weight of B increase?
e) None of theseAnswer – b) 35%
weight of A is x and weight of B is 2x
given that 60 kg weight is the 30% percent increase of the original weight, so
(130/100)*W = 60, W = 600/13 kg (W = original weight)
X + 2x = 600/13, x = 200/13
So weight of A = 200/13 and of B = 400/13
(120/100)*(200/13) + [(100 + a)/100]*(400/13) = 60
Solve for a. We will get a = 35%
- The marked price of an article is 20% higher than the cost price. A discount of 20% is given on the marked price. In this transaction the seller
a) bears no loss no profit
b) losses 4%
c) gain 4%
d) losses 1%
e) None of theseAnswer – b) losses 4%
let cost price = 100 so, marked price = 120
now discount of 20% is given, so sp = 120*80/100 = 96
so % loss = (4/100)*100 = 4 percent
- When the price of rice is increased by 30 percent, a family reduces its consumption such that the expenditure is only 20 percent more than before. If 50 kg of rice is consumed by family before, then find the new consumption of family (approx.)
e) None of theseAnswer – d) 46kg
Suppose initially price per kg of rice is 100 then their expenditure is 5000.
Now their expenditure is only increased by only 20% i.e – 6000.
Increased price of rice = 130.
So new consumption = 6000/130 = 46
- A man has 4000 rupees in his account two years ago. In the first year he deposited 20 percent of the amount in his account. In the next year he deposited 10 percent of the increased amount in the account. Find the total amount in the account of the person after 2 years.
e) None of theseAnswer – b) 5280
4000 + 800 + 480 = 5280
Note: Dear Readers if you have any doubt in any chapter in Quants you can ask here. We will clear your doubts