French Ambassador to India Franço is Richier conferred the Knight of the Legion of Honour on Anand Mahindra, at his France residence to Mahindra & Mahindra Group, in recognition of his outstanding national and international achievements and initiatives.
Knight of the Legion of Honour:
- The honour is bestowed at the Residence of France ,France’s highest civilian distinction comes in recognition of Mr Mahindra’s outstanding national and international achievements and initiatives at the helm of the Mahindra Group.
- Mahindra has been recognised as one of the most prominent business leaders in India, who has turned Mahindra & Mahindra into a global company.
- Mahindra’s leadership, many partnerships have been developed, among many others, between French and Indian industries: with French auto manufacturer Renault in India,with Peugeot Scooters France, after its acquisition by the Mahindra Group in 2014 also Mahindra owned Tech Mahindra showed interests in France.
- Mahindra is also known for his charity and promotion of both primary and higher education. In 2014, Mahindra Ecole Centrale College of Engineering was founded in Hyderabad.
The Highest French Civilian Honour:
- This is considered to be the highest civilian honour of French,The National Order of the Legion of Honour (Ordre national de la Légiond’honneur) is a French order established by Napoleon Bonaparte on 19 May 1802.
- The Award is bestowed any individual regardless of the nationality of the recipients. The President of the French Republic is the Grand Master of the Order of the Legion of Honour.