Rest of India batsmen Showed brilliance as they completed a classic run-chase against Incumbent Ranji Trophy Winners Mumbai, winning the Paytm Irani Cup by 4 wickets reaching a victory target of whooping 480 runs in Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai.
Paytm Irani Cup 2015-16:
- This is the 10th-highest successful chase in the history of First-Class cricket. It was also the third-highest on Indian soil.
- Karnataka Opener Karun Nair was named Player of the Match.
- Vidarbha’s left-handed opener FaizFazal (127, 280 balls) and Sudeep Chatterjee (54) of Bengal held the innings together for the first part while Karun Nair (92, 132 balls), Stuart Binny (54 off 51 balls), Sheldon Jackson (59 no) Helped taking the team to victory in 129.4 overs.
Rest of India’s Dominance:
- Rest of India registered their dominance in the PaytmIrani Trophy. Since 2006/07, Karnataka was the only state that managed to win the trophy twice – in 2013/14 and 2014/15 – since 2006, the remaining campaigns have been dominated by Rest of India.
- The team were far ahead in their pursuit and succeeded and also prevented the 41-time Ranji champions Mumbai from lifting the PaytmIrani title for the 16th occasion and the first since 1997-98.
- The Trophy has since remained at the end of the season, and is played shortly after the Ranji Trophy final. The Ranji Trophy Winner will take Rest of India team in the title clash.
- The first match, played between the Ranji Trophy champions and the Rest of India was played in 1959-60 with the trophy being instituted in the name of Zal Irani,Who was associated with Board of Control for Cricket in India.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification